Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega W reg 2.0 auto gear box oil change?  (Read 285 times)

slavi13

• View Profile
Omega W reg 2.0 auto gear box oil change?
« on: 01 August 2009, 15:04:36 »

Hi all.I need help.I need to change the gear box oil of my love but I don't know where is the hole for the oil,where is the deep stick,or do I need a filter for that or what oil i need or where to get all the stuff.Can some one whit more experianse halp me please.Tanks to all. :-?
« Last Edit: 01 August 2009, 15:39:42 by slavi13 »

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Omega W reg 2.0 auto gear box oil change?
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2009, 16:43:32 »

You need DEX3 ATF (Auto Transmission Fluid)

No dip stick - there is a level/filler plug at top of large gearbox sump, drivers side (UK).

Remove plug (13mm), top up till fluid runs out, put plug in loosely (tight enough to stop fluid coming out)

Ensure car on level surface, start engine and move gear change back and forward through gears a few times.  Put in park.  Leave engine running, remove gearbox plug and let any excess fluid drain into container, or top up till just overflowing if no excess coming out.  When fluid stops coming out of plug hole refit 13mm plug and tighten.

Job done  :y

[edit]Just noticed you want to change fluid - to get it all out you need to remove both gearbox sumps.  Clean filter.  Refit all and refill fluid as above[/edit]
« Last Edit: 01 August 2009, 16:45:08 by dbug »
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.