Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.2L Injectors on my 3.0L  (Read 788 times)

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • 2001 Cadillac Catera SPT
    • View Profile
3.2L Injectors on my 3.0L
« on: 27 February 2010, 22:48:22 »

My question is this, I came across some 3.2L Injectors from the Y32SE, and was wondering if installing those on my 3.0 X30XE Engine with some Throttle body Porting will increase HP in any way.

If the fuel pump provides same PSI to the injectors and the pulse is the same then the injector should squirt just a bit more fuel.

Correct me if I am wrong but is the 3.2L injector rated at 240cc/min while the 3.0L is only 225cc/min?

I believe that if I can manage to get some more air past the throttle body and match that with just a bit more fuel, the car should still see AFR of 14.7:1 and everything else should remain unchanged.

Please let me know if those injectors are compatible with the system.

Also would this really work or will the ECU simply adjust the values and bring back everything to stock making the entire deal one very worthless experiment.
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: 3.2L Injectors on my 3.0L
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2010, 09:44:56 »

I doubt there's much if any difference in flow rate between the two injectors. In fact, I believe the 3.2 injectors run at a higher pressure anyway (3.8 bar IIRC) so, at a given pressure, they may flow less.

In any case, this is irrelevant because the engine's block learning will soon compensate for any changes and you will end up with the same fuelling as before.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.