Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alarm  (Read 701 times)

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
alarm
« on: 15 December 2007, 23:25:37 »

Hi, Just bought my 2001 2.5 elite est a few days ago. Been fine until tonight. So far this evening my car alarm ( factory fitted i assume ) has gone off for no reason 3 times about every 2 hours. Each time i have gone to car i have opened the door and tried to reset it with my key fob. I have noticed the red light flashing on the switch on the right side of the centre console. As a newbie and new omega owner of 3 days i hope this is just a simple fix and doesnt mean sleepless nights having to get up every 2 hours to reset it. Any thoughts on the subject? I'm sure my neighbours would appreciate it! ha ha. Thanx.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: alarm
« Reply #1 on: 16 December 2007, 07:23:20 »

First thing to check is the bonnet sensor.
I like red cars

robbo299

• luton, beds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2007, 07:51:11 »

Hi. thanx for info. I checked the FAQ section before i posted message. I then browsed through the general help section and found a couple of posts with the same prob afterwards. I think i have sorted it as it didnt go off again all through the night. Thank god! I pushed the alarm button on the console before i got out of the car, i think it was something to do with the ultrasonic sensor, and it was fine. Sorry about not being technical only awaiting for owners manual for car. I had a new battery fitted yesterday and thought it may have been linked to that.  Like i said, ive only had car a few days and don't know what all bits and pieces on console do yet, but just enjoying driving car. Any more probs with alarm and i will check the bonnet sensor. thanx again. :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2007, 07:54:31 »

You can download a PDF version of the owners manual from www.vauxhall.co.uk, you need to register to able to activate it.
I like red cars
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.