Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: £90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.  (Read 6026 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: £90 Fine for a 15min shop at my local Lidl.
« Reply #30 on: 31 May 2016, 23:25:20 »

cant be enforced unless police or council one treid it with me didnt pay it  heard nothing :y :y :y :y

Likewise after an Omega meet at Ellesmere Port services ...... but that was years ago and as Al suggested, I think things have changed since then  :-\

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 June 2016, 08:27:35 »

I delegate all shopping responsibilities to SWMBO :)
Best way... ;D
I had to look it up on the internet.  Apparently girlies have to go to this warehouse type buildings...  ...and stuff doesn't grow in fridges...

I go for the pleasant scenery,  ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 June 2016, 10:36:07 »

I delegate all shopping responsibilities to SWMBO :)
Best way... ;D
I had to look it up on the internet.  Apparently girlies have to go to this warehouse type buildings...  ...and stuff doesn't grow in fridges...

I go for the pleasant scenery,  ;D

Problem is, Lidl are a bit tight with the refrigeration in the chiller aisle. Waitrose are a much better bet. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 June 2016, 19:50:19 »

Well it looks like Im screwed, went to see the Manager who said He couldn't (wouldn't) do anything, its up to me to keep my receipts and prove I was shopping at the time.  >:(

The Car Park is controlled by Athena, who according to the Manager are not known to budge on Parking Offences, The Manager also pointed out that they do not own the Land (Fairly sure they do, as it was a Vauxhall Dealer for donkeys years before closing down?).  :-\

As you drive in theres a Temperary Tarpaulin Banner on the Wall in White and Beige, Headed Up "Free Parking for Customers", you really do need to get out of the Car and walk towards it before you can see in small print about registering your Car Reg at the Till on Checkout.  >:(

Goingb to write to Lidl HO, but dont hold out much hope without proof of Shopping there.  :-\ ::) >:(

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 01 June 2016, 20:37:13 »

If you can't read the sign easily and it's possible to park and shop without seeing it, then tell them (Athena) you are willing to go to court. Take pictures to back up your argument. Temporary tarpaulin banner sounds amateurish to me.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 June 2016, 18:48:48 »

If you can't read the sign easily and it's possible to park and shop without seeing it, then tell them (Athena) you are willing to go to court. Take pictures to back up your argument. Temporary tarpaulin banner sounds amateurish to me.

Agreed, I think there will be some regulations covering signage, I think it would be worth exploring this and taking a photo of the temporary tarp type sign for evidence if you do plan on going to court.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.