Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'd have done the same!  (Read 1291 times)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
I'd have done the same!
« on: 17 December 2020, 23:38:50 »

A driver who chased two thieves on a motorbike stolen from his house has been jailed for 10 years for killing one of them.

Click to Sky News Site

The law is an ass!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: I'd have done the same!
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2020, 23:48:33 »

Having watched the footage in the public domain... He was driving like an absolute moron and could very easily have killed or seriously hurt another member of the public unlucky enough to get in the middle of his real-life GTA adventure.

I understand his motivation but would he be able to explain to some parents that he had killed their kid crossing the road for the sake of a £450 bike? Red mist is a very real and dangerous thing, and this is a classic example. It's only good luck that the peeople injured were those responsible for the theft.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2020, 23:50:47 »

Having watched the footage in the public domain... He was driving like an absolute moron and could very easily have killed or seriously hurt another member of the public unlucky enough to get in the middle of his real-life GTA adventure.

I understand his motivation but would he be able to explain to some parents that he had killed their kid crossing the road for the sake of a £450 bike? Red mist is a very real and dangerous thing, and this is a classic example. It's only good luck that the peeople injured were those responsible for the theft.

We could all bring '"if's and but's" into the equation.  Nobody other than the thieving scum died.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 December 2020, 00:21:38 »

Oh dear what a shame a thief died.😊
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2020, 00:24:34 »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shedding any tears for the dead crims. But English law allows a level of reasonable force to defend oneself and your property. Not a banzai 80mph car chase with scant regard for anyone else unlucky enough to be on the road at the time.

See the recent burglary verdict from Bradford where the householder had a samurai sword, the thief tried to grab it by the blade (!) and suffered life-changing injuries. The householder was found to be blameless :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2020, 14:56:56 »

Quote from the sister of the dead motorcycle thief: 

"As a family we have been taking great comfort in the strength of feeling his passing has had in our community".

Yes, I'd imagine that they are all chuffed to bits, knowing that when they park their motorbike in the drive at night, there's now a small chance that it might still be there in the morning now that he's gone.  ::)

i see from the article that the dead guy was another .... loved by so many/pillar of the community/do anything for anybody type of person. Life's so unfair .... yeah right.  ::)
Mind you, the guy that killed him has the type of face that wouldn't bat an eyelid when he killed someone.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2020, 15:43:20 »

"Northumbria Police also posted about the case on its Facebook page, with the post garnering strong reactions, including one person who said they wanted to buy Dinisoae a pint."

Tee hee.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 December 2020, 15:44:15 »

Quote from the sister of the dead motorcycle thief: 

"As a family we have been taking great comfort in the strength of feeling his passing has had in our community".

Yes, I'd imagine that they are all chuffed to bits, knowing that when they park their motorbike in the drive at night, there's now a small chance that it might still be there in the morning now that he's gone.  ::)

i see from the article that the dead guy was another .... loved by so many/pillar of the community/do anything for anybody type of person. Life's so unfair .... yeah right.  ::)
Mind you, the guy that killed him has the type of face that wouldn't bat an eyelid when he killed someone.  ;D

Dead people are always without fault. George Floyd for example.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 December 2020, 16:29:51 »

Zero sympathy or compassion for the dead criminal , you reap what you sow and all that ...No loss .

Re the driver , Mmm no great sympathy for him either . To drive the car in the way that he did putting all around him in mortal danger whilst in a state of fury was beyond dangerous, and to inflict the final "tap" in the manner he did  , although perhaps acceptable in his home country , is far from acceptable in the UK.
I think his sentence was justifiable .

It's all a bit of  "Oh dear , how sad , what a pity , never mind ...Next !"

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 December 2020, 17:00:59 »

All this for £450 of motorbike.

I am stunned at how much cycle theft there is.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2020, 17:08:19 »

Zero sympathy or compassion for the dead criminal , you reap what you sow and all that ...No loss .

Re the driver , Mmm no great sympathy for him either . To drive the car in the way that he did putting all around him in mortal danger whilst in a state of fury was beyond dangerous, and to inflict the final "tap" in the manner he did  , although perhaps acceptable in his home country , is far from acceptable in the UK.
I think his sentence was justifiable .

It's all a bit of  "Oh dear , how sad , what a pity , never mind ...Next !"

That's almost exactly what I was going to write.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.