Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it with old people..?  (Read 5574 times)

omega3000

Re: What is it with old people..?
« Reply #60 on: 30 July 2014, 15:21:42 »

Folk dont move out the way when im on the electric scooter in Tesco's  >:( >:( >:(

Just having a cup of tea with a few munchies , will have to put my teeth in soak for a while ... :(
« Last Edit: 30 July 2014, 15:38:11 by Emd »

chrisgixer

« Reply #61 on: 30 July 2014, 20:16:05 »

It's no wonder men hate or are banned from shopping.

All the old/er women expect you to get out of their way, hold doors open for them, stop to let them cross the road, leap out the way if invalid and electric cars, and be whacked in the side of the knee with deliberately placed sharp objects in bags.

Yet, if you do any of that for younger or not so old women, your accused of being a pervert or a sexist, as if accusing them of not being able to hold a door open themselves or being weak or stating as they cross the road in front if you.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Although here in not Reading there are a few more normal people that recognise basic manors, where holding the door open for the person behind you, whoever it is, is just considered polite.

Manors goes out the window in a crowded supermarket though. She don't let me come with her to Asda. ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 30 July 2014, 20:28:27 »

I'm a bit p****ed off with the generalisations on this thread, notwithstanding the underlying pisstakes, While I fully appreciate that many of you are less than half my age, and are still gainfully(?) employed, not all of us 'retired' and over a certain age are in their dotage. For example, for the last six weeks I have been working on an extension on our house, starting at 8.00 each morning and not finishing until 6.30 or later. I am now on the downhill leg, having fitted the kitchen units and sink over the past two days, and tomorrow I lay the floor tiles. I have done all the plumbing and electrics, and did the labouring for the brickie and plasterer, I hope that you are all still capable of doing such works when you reach my age (77.5), as well as maintaining your Omegas, which I hope to get back to when the garage is once more available. 8) ;) :y :y :y

you might be at work 8-630 but how much work is actually done? by the time you have but your boots on had a cup of tea thought about what you going to do,forgotten what you going to do  the day has gone  and you think you have had a hard day. a young man would start at 8 and finish at 4 and done the same amount of work .old people just move to slow as they are just passing time away as they have nothing else to do.

A fair question, and no doubt it is a lot less than you young 'uns, however, I can promise you that it is done properly, and not bodged due to being rushed like many jobs I have seen done by so-called professionals. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.