Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why would Wim.... ( tyre pressure related )  (Read 2575 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Why would Wim.... ( tyre pressure related )
« Reply #15 on: 04 December 2009, 23:43:01 »

I wrote a bit about Nitrogen in tyres here ...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1259944051

might help you decide .. :)

Omega3

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 December 2009, 23:51:36 »

When they did my tyres with nitrogen they definitely did not "remove" every last bit of air first. Not even sure if that would be possible outside of a laboratory. How do the F1 boys do it?
I was joking about the helium by the way :D
Previously: Mercedes CLK 320cdi, Insignia SRi, 53 Omega 2.2CD, 02 3.2 elite, 01 Omega 2.2CD, 94 Omega 2.0 Est, Mercedes 300TE, Toyota Supra 3.0, Honda Legend Coupe, Supra 2.8i Mk2, Fiat X1/9, Lancia Trevi

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 December 2009, 23:54:42 »

When they did my tyres with nitrogen they definitely did not "remove" every last bit of air first.

Was just thinking that. Surely they'd need to purge any air from the tyre first - I guess by flooding it with nitrogen before sealing the beads and pumping it up.

Whilst I have no doubt that nitrogen is esential in motorsport I wonder how much odds it makes on a road car, TBH. :-/

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Omega3

• Hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 December 2009, 00:03:49 »

When they did my tyres with nitrogen they definitely did not "remove" every last bit of air first.

Was just thinking that. Surely they'd need to purge any air from the tyre first - I guess by flooding it with nitrogen before sealing the beads and pumping it up.

Whilst I have no doubt that nitrogen is esential in motorsport I wonder how much odds it makes on a road car, TBH. :-/

Kevin
I think the fitters several reminders to make sure the tyres were only topped up with nitrogen (@£5 a pop) had more to do with their recommendation than any real benefits on the road.
Although having said that, when Lexus launched the first LS400 it had nitrogen in the tyres from new with a supposed benefit in reduced road noise. Or just sales hype..
Previously: Mercedes CLK 320cdi, Insignia SRi, 53 Omega 2.2CD, 02 3.2 elite, 01 Omega 2.2CD, 94 Omega 2.0 Est, Mercedes 300TE, Toyota Supra 3.0, Honda Legend Coupe, Supra 2.8i Mk2, Fiat X1/9, Lancia Trevi
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.