Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mondeo TDCI  (Read 1199 times)

JezInBrum

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
  • Built for comfort not speed
    • View Profile
Mondeo TDCI
« on: 12 January 2010, 17:01:01 »

Hi, just after a few pointers on a problem my brother has with his car.
Around Christmas time the car developed a flat battery & would not start. The temperature had been well into the minus's in South wales where he lives.
We though it may have just been a battery & maybe the fuel filter had become blocked if the fuel had frozen. (Not sure as to what temperature our fuel is protected to).
Anyway all was well until last week when the battery went dead again & it would not start. He has taken it into his main dealer & they have said it has some fuel injecton fault and have quoted about £2k to fix it. I am not sure exactly which model he has but its about 3 years old and has covered about 90k miles.
I do recall hearing on a program once that mondeos are prone to some sort of fault with the injectors but cannot rember the precise details.
Anyone got any ideas please?

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
Re: Mondeo TDCI
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2010, 17:29:36 »

Hi, just after a few pointers on a problem my brother has with his car.
Around Christmas time the car developed a flat battery & would not start. The temperature had been well into the minus's in South wales where he lives.
We though it may have just been a battery & maybe the fuel filter had become blocked if the fuel had frozen. (Not sure as to what temperature our fuel is protected to).
Anyway all was well until last week when the battery went dead again & it would not start. He has taken it into his main dealer & they have said it has some fuel injecton fault and have quoted about £2k to fix it. I am not sure exactly which model he has but its about 3 years old and has covered about 90k miles.
I do recall hearing on a program once that mondeos are prone to some sort of fault with the injectors but cannot rember the precise details.
Anyone got any ideas please?
Ask them what planet they come from jez,even if it was a fuel injection problem,wouldent even dream of giving em 2k. :o
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2010, 18:01:11 »

Son has a 51 plate ex-plod Mondeo Tdci. Fantastic car, had a problem with it, glo-plug light on, and in limp mode. Ford garage reprogrammed injector ECU(?), but said it might happen again and then require new injectors. I think it cost about £50 to reprogram. That was about 18 months ago, no problem since, using injector cleaner ocsnly. I got some info off the internet which said the problem may have been the camshaft sensor, which was easy & cheap to change, but did'nt solve it in our case.

Good luck with bro's car. :y

Steve Brookman

• Blackwood, Gwent
    • Royale/Senator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2010, 19:44:22 »

Check the Mondeo forums. I believe injectors need to be individually programmed to the car and that new injectors are well over £150 a piece for the TDCi cars. The older TDDi were apparently much better.
Previous
Omega 2.5 GLS Auto Estate         S115 JVV
Omega 3.0 Elite  Auto Estate        T639 TFA

JezInBrum

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2010, 21:17:44 »

Thanks for your replies chaps. I wil pass info on  :y

JezInBrum

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2010, 22:03:38 »

ther info just in, cause of fault is fuel pump failure which has passed swarf into the injectors. Ford quote £2685. The car is withing a 3 month warranty period from Motor Point, which the warranty company say is not covered. So he will try to reject the car as faulty goods under the sale of goods act.
Another worthless warranty comes to fruition.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2010, 22:43:23 »

ther info just in, cause of fault is fuel pump failure which has passed swarf into the injectors. Ford quote £2685. The car is withing a 3 month warranty period from Motor Point, which the warranty company say is not covered. So he will try to reject the car as faulty goods under the sale of goods act.
Another worthless warranty comes to fruition.

Thats a fault thats happened to a few manufacturers including 1.7cdti Vx units of a simila era.

It again highlights how manufacturers use common components

Should be quite a few in the scrap yards of that age so might be worth getting second hand parts

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2010, 23:29:43 »

Sounds like pretty bad service from Ford - they should cover this - sounds like a design fault

JezInBrum

• Intermediate Member
  • Birmingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2010, 11:22:05 »

Clearly is, one of my other brothers had a fuel pump go on one he had about 6 or so years ago. Ford blamed supermarket fuels, they of course denied any problem. Only saving grace was it was a company car so they footed the bill.
Seems its the mugs who buy these cars that pays for crap design & lack of proper testing on the major components. Vauxhall are'nt exempt from this either
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.