Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sober reading.......  (Read 878 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Sober reading.......
« on: 03 April 2008, 18:25:47 »

Cast your minds back to 2006 when all flights out of the UK were cancelled due to security.  I was in Canada on exercise and I had just managed to find a moment to call the wife.  She works for United Airlines out of Heathrow and was due to work that day......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7328892.stm

Of the four flights the wife would have been on one of them  :o :o

waspy

Re: Sober reading.......
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2008, 18:32:27 »

Religion, allways the same. Well you know what you can do with your religion.
Or to put it another way, if i was that ugly i'd wana blow my self up too. Jeez what an ugly bunch  ;D ;D ;D ;D

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2008, 18:38:35 »

Sad little men. If they are so keen to die iam sure their potential victims would be able to come up with a suitable way to go . scum what ever happens to them i have no pity what so ever .Its just a shame that they wanted to use religion as an excuse to murder

HolyCount

« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2008, 18:39:08 »

I have nothing against any religion -- each to his own and all that -- but how can muslims complain when we treat them with suspicion? They all but declare war and then get angsty when we get defensive!

Yes, I  know these guys are extremeists -- but the non-extremists surely can see our point in being cautious.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2008, 18:45:20 »

This wasn't intended as a religous thread, more of how close my wife came to being on a flight packed with explosives..!!   :o :o

HolyCount

« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2008, 18:53:13 »

This wasn't intended as a religous thread, more of how close my wife came to being on a flight packed with explosives..!!   :o :o

Fully understand mate --- but unfortunatley the reason for said close call was religion.

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 April 2008, 18:56:58 »

it seems to me that there are only representatives from one group going around blowing things up,and if they use their beliefs and religion to validate their actions they should expect a certain amount of anti religion /race backlash

miggy

« Reply #7 on: 03 April 2008, 19:02:55 »

They call this in the name of religion......................tell me where it says..... kill thy fellow man in the name of religion........wether in  the bible or any other religious text..................

And thank god these barbaric pieces of scum were caught.........cowards, cowards and rather cowards.

« Last Edit: 03 April 2008, 19:03:55 by miggy »

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 April 2008, 19:04:40 »

They call this in the name of religion......................tell me where it says..... kill thy fellow man for in the name of religion........wether in  the bible or any other religious text..................

And thank god these barbaric pieces of scum were caught.........cowards, cowards and rather cowards.

very nicely put that Pete ,very poetic  :y :y

HolyCount

« Reply #9 on: 03 April 2008, 19:42:22 »

Unfortunately there have probably been many more deaths in the name of religion, over the centuries, than for any other cause. And by all religions ... the Christians were pretty barbaric during the crusades, then there were the holocaust, ireland and now islamic problems.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 April 2008, 19:55:11 »

I think it is more misguided people commiting acts under the banner of religion rather than a fault with said faith.  Islam is actually a very peaceful religion built on tolerance and respect.

Remember the video of the 7/7 bomber, he was mostly mouthing off about Britain and how he felt he was treated rather than justifying his actions through lessons from the Koran.  Surely someone who is religious would be quoting chapter and verse.

Ethnicity and religion are two separate issues.

I'm just glad these fools were stopped in time..

miggy

« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2008, 19:58:08 »

I think it is more misguided people commiting acts under the banner of religion rather than a fault with said faith.  Islam is actually a very peaceful religion built on tolerance and respect.

Remember the video of the 7/7 bomber, he was mostly mouthing off about Britain and how he felt he was treated rather than justifying his actions through lessons from the Koran.  Surely someone who is religious would be quoting chapter and verse.

Ethnicity and religion are two separate issues.

I'm just glad these fools were stopped in time..

I am glad for you and your wife too mate.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2008, 19:58:28 »

It is indeed sobering, and something to remember when we're waiting in the queues at airport security.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

miggy

« Reply #13 on: 03 April 2008, 19:59:51 »

It is indeed sobering, and something to remember when we're waiting in the queues at airport security.

Kevin

Get a caravan...................and no before you say.....we dont cause queues ;D ;D

waspy

« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2008, 20:03:52 »

Kevin

Get a caravan...................and no before you say.....we dont cause queues ;D ;D

Just very sloooow ones  ::) ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.