Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VX shock tactics  (Read 738 times)

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
VX shock tactics
« on: 12 March 2008, 19:37:50 »

I thought I'd share with you my experience with my local VX dealer today.

I took the car in because it has a problem with the auto levelling suspension, and asked them to repair it, knowing full well that the price was going to hurt a bit.

They called Mrs Big Cat while I was out, and started to reel off a list of item that needed to be done on the car, with a final quote of £2496.91!

Without a word of exaggeration, she nearly collapsed. Anyway, some of the items they had said needed doing were:

• Cambelt - £515.82 - I'd done this last year.
  • Gearbox oil change £301.60 - my local mechanic did this two months ago.
  • Front brake pads £176.25 - also done two months ago.
  • ECU update £105.75 - they had done this last time, and tried to charge me for it again!

Some other items they tried to rip me off on are:
  • Spark plugs £129.15 - might need doing,
  • Coil pack £446.50 - price is in addition to the plugs!
  • Front and rear exhaust box £514.82

The thing that annoyed me so much isn't that they tried to treat me like a cash point, rather the upset they caused.

Oh, by the way, they refused to repair the original fault - it was too hard to do.

Thank god for the OOF!

Keep up the good work
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: VX shock tactics
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2008, 19:42:19 »

And they wonder why we don't trust them .. :(

If only we could complain to Vx and get some action taken .. but it ain't gonna happen .. :(
« Last Edit: 12 March 2008, 19:42:48 by entwood »

Debs.

« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2008, 19:44:06 »

:o An utter disgrace; that`s truly sickening to read.....imagine how many customers who aren`t as well-read as you Big Cat, whom just have to 'trust' in the dealer`s expertise.
I know business` have a living to make (and those oft quoted 'overheads') but those prices you quote are absolutely shameful!  >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2008, 19:52:09 »

I trust you showed them the error of their ways!  ;)  :y

albitz

« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2008, 19:56:33 »

trading standards ,this isnt business its fraud.  :o

DaveyDavey

• Intermediate Member
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2008, 19:59:38 »

Write a lengthy diatribe to BBC watchdog, if they get enough comments they will investigate.

Currently they are pursuing Renault over an ongoing issue with failing bonnet clasps on clits, causing bonnets to fly up whilst driving. Renault claim it's a maintenance fault and not a design flaw!

Richard A

• Aldridge, West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2008, 20:24:54 »

Please, please, please name and shame, this is a private member only site, if what you say happened, you are only warning fellow members.
I had a local VX dealer tell me that they 'suspected' head gaskets needed to be replaced and heads skimmed to cure my V6 from overheating, quote min £1100. A new HBV (£35) solved the overheating !!!!!! I still buy parts and spares from Steve Thompson Cars, Walsall, with TC but will never-never take the car to there service bay.
regards
richard
richard a

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2008, 21:00:50 »

Please, please, please name and shame, this is a private member only site, if what you say happened, you are only warning fellow members.
I had a local VX dealer tell me that they 'suspected' head gaskets needed to be replaced and heads skimmed to cure my V6 from overheating, quote min £1100. A new HBV (£35) solved the overheating !!!!!! I still buy parts and spares from Steve Thompson Cars, Walsall, with TC but will never-never take the car to there service bay.
regards
richard
No it isn't
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

BigCat

• Battersea
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2008, 21:30:14 »

regards
richard

I understand your sentiments, but I suspect this is common to a lot of dealerships, as they rely on service charges to bolster income, and not just those in Wimbledon.
The first 90% of a job takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.