Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to do business  (Read 1681 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
How to do business
« on: 11 March 2008, 23:41:17 »

I feel I am in a very sarcastic mood tonight not helped by watching the first half of series 2 of House and by receiving an email form a company I sent an order to over a week ago.

Placed an order for some boat building study plans which I am interested in. No email or notification from the company.  So I send an email saying hi let me know when its on the way cheers, etc.  Still no reply, so I send another to a different address this time (off their contacts page) again no reply so try again and 8 days later I send this:

Hello,

I placed an order for some study plans and I have also sent 3 or 4 emails asking various questions, as yet I am to receive a reply.  Therefore I am not convinced that I am going to receive anything as I did not receive an emaikl from you when I placed the order which would have put my mind at rest.  If I have not heard anything from you in 1 week I will be contacting my card company to retreive the payment.

Kind regards,

Matt

Which in my view was perfectly legitimate considering I had no contact from the company whatso ever.  This is the reply I got 2 hours later:

Matthew,

Sorry but you are mistaken, we only received one email from you requesting that we notify you when we send your order, as your order had already been processed direct by our printer and likely to arrive shortly there was no point in adding it to our list of priority replies.
We do not take kindly to threats of credit card cancellation and are now naturally reluctant to accept any further orders from you by credit card, as like your previous order we have already paid for the postage.
 If you care to return the packet unopened we will arrange for the refund of your credit card payment, our address is clearly printed on the reverse side.
Multiple messages are of course bounced back by our spam filter.

regards
from the crew at Hartley's in New Zealand

WTF!!  Sorry for not being important enough to deam a reply!  Anyway does anyone think I went too far replying with this:

Hartley crew,

Much obliged for the reply from which I deduced that there is in fact some life at Hartley's.  You see when one pays for something on the internet a small email that says order acknowledged package on its way soon would go a long way and would avoid such situations like this.  It will certainly let me know I have not been spammed by some company trying to copy the Hartley designs.  I hope you realise that there would have been some benefit to adding me to your list of replies.  I understand your may deal with a lot of influx but then if you have an automatic printer why not setup an automatic email, it was the fact I had heard nothing at all which concerned me.  After all, the internet is full of people trying to con other people and I have not received the study plans yet.

You may be upset, I am of course beside myself if you are, but my threats got a reply so mission accomplished!  As for future orders, we'll see.

Regards,

Matthew

P.S if you did not receive all my emails you may have to update your contacts page with emails that actually work as I tried several  ;-)  ttfn

I cant wait to see if they will honour me with a reply!!   ::) ::) ::) ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: How to do business
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2008, 06:31:03 »

Well sounds good ::) ::)................It'll probably be on a container ship and will arrive within the next 6 weeks ;D ;D......serioulsy keep us posted, be interesting whether you do get a response, but given their reply I somehow doubt it given their manner ::)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2008, 11:49:10 »

I had a reply :

Matthew,
Yes your bulk messages did get a reply, although probably not what you had anticipated.
Thank you for your reply, however having been selling online since probably before you left school and being the most successful plan business worldwide to boot, it's unlikely that advice from you is going to be of much interest. Both our email client/server and spam filter are working at pretty near the max standard available to us at present.

When you begin to understand the basic workings of the internet, you will hopefully be able to discern the difference between real and suspicious businesses. If you had looked at ours carefully you would have been able to deduce that not only have we been around since 1938 and had a presence on the internet since before the introduction of 'Windows' or the www, but also use the highly creditable Royal Bank Of Scotland for bank card processing.

You will also have now learnt that reputable companies like ours will not engage in business dealings with people who threaten credit card cancellation as like many others our 'chargeback' record is 100% clean, and we wish to keep it that way.
As stated in our previous message, there will be no future card orders accepted from you in view of you now being listed as a high risk.
And also as previously stated if you care to return the packet unopened we will of course refund your payment via 'Worldpay' (the online trading name of the Royal Bank Of Scotland). In fact it would probably be in the best interests of all concerned if we initiate a refund now and you settle on another companies products.
Thank you
Colin Brookes
Hartley & Brookes Associates
Thames
New Zealand

Hmm what do you reckon I should reply?? Especially as I used to be a programmer and have a degree in computers   ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 12 March 2008, 11:51:30 by mrgaffney »

JonArgraig

• Omega Knight
  • Isle of Angelsey
  • The Camera Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2008, 11:54:15 »

Tell them to GTFO !

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2008, 11:55:37 »

I like to be more subtle and extremely sarcastic   ;)

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2008, 12:02:00 »

I think they have been really rude considering zero comms your way until you started to threaten them. Unless this is something you really need, I would tell them to stick their plans where the sun doesn't shine and take your money elsewhere.

Their last email sounded like a child in the playground - blabbing on about  being on-line since before you were born. Terrible way to speak to customers.

Stick it to them!  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2008, 12:46:08 »

Nice strategy! Customer is always an idiot.

I'd stop the transaction out of trinciple whether anything turns up or not.

Cheeky batsrads.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2008, 12:55:56 »

Nice strategy! Customer is always an idiot.

I'd stop the transaction out of trinciple whether anything turns up or not.

Cheeky batsrads.

Kevin

Agreed - and also quoting you as "high risk"

Subject access request methinks......you have aright to see what they hold on you - even outwith UK.  >:(
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2008, 13:11:48 »

What do you mean?

Martin_1962

« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2008, 13:19:18 »

Keep the plans regardless - you wanted them

If they refund - it is their business, it is addressed to you and you have paid.

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2008, 13:20:47 »

What do you mean?

Data Protection Act - there are/ will be amandments to data held out uk but you may want to see if the have documented anything ( you being high risk apparently) about you on their computers/ files that may be offensive /detrimental or simply inaccurate !

For example we recently terminated a contract of a worker for writing along the lines of "custoemr an arrogant barsteward" on the custoemrs account notes.

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2008, 14:12:40 »

state that you secretly are an website/business assessor for a new comparison company/website and you will be listing their site/company under your poorest/disgusted section. let them know the website will be up and running within a few weeks and they rate at 49th out of 50 in their field of business.
when your comparison site is online you will forward the address........ ;D ;D
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

supermop

• Hoddesdon
  • User account problem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2008, 14:45:04 »

What the opps? that has to be the rudest company I've ever seen!

They belittle you for making a simple enquiry, then go on to say you're an idiot.... that would warrant a little more than sarcasm from me!!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2008, 14:48:33 »

Yknow you cant beat word of mouth for spreading poor publicity.

This company now have an audience of 2000+ members on here - now i for one wouldnt use them after this.

So every so often one of us on here takes this story to another forum and publicises it there - and another 2000 people read it.

Will hit them in the pocket eventually.

Oh and as for how to deal with them - you may want to send them a link to this.

Arrogant bunch of wannabees...despite their denial bad publicity can and will hit them in the pocket - there not bleeding Microsoft !!!

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2008, 17:20:22 »

Just spoke to a couple of guys in a boating forum (I do get out honest!) one who lives in New Zealand which is where this guys claims to be and another who also bought from him.

The first guy said that there is noone in the phone book with that name in that town!   :o :o   Also that the address was a PO box and a guy he knew who used to sell those plans has never heard of him.....

The second said he also had no email but eventually got his plans.

Hmmmm  the plot thickens ...... but hes still a C U Next Tuesday
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.