Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon passcode  (Read 621 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Amazon passcode
« on: 18 April 2022, 10:59:44 »

Ordered a pair of aftershockz headphones for wifey from Amazon yesterday. Just got an email with a one time passcode (OTP) to give to the driver before he'll let me have them. About bloody time because
1) The driver can't say he delivered if he doesn't have the passcode, and
2) Customers can't claim they haven't had the delivery and it must have gone to a neighbour/ over the fence/the gerbil ate it.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon passcode
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2022, 12:40:42 »

sounds like a good idea  :)
there's far too many scammers and scumbags about these days  >:(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2022, 13:55:38 »

Found the drivers to be OK allthough some have communications issues (Language)

But over the years have had to claim quite a few refunds due to non delivery/delayed post/other excuses(Might have been drivers).  So I agree this

system should benefit us. :y

I think the biggest problem (China etc) they give us tracking information for an item that we cant track that is for an item they never actually snt.  Useually low cost items hopeing we wont claim and they get cash for doing nowt. :-X
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2022, 14:45:20 »

Reminded me of the latest Whatthreewords advert... 'have you seen my parcels?'

Best thing to deal with cheap Chinesey tat is too buy it from a verified source, such as egay, and when it doesn't work, leave the shittiest review you can and zero star everything. Obviously the expectation is that it will complete garbage, so you pay as little as possible being fully aware of that.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 April 2022, 08:27:03 »

Best thing to deal with cheap Chinesey tat is too buy it from a verified source, such as egay, and when it doesn't work, leave the shittiest review you can and zero star everything. Obviously the expectation is that it will complete garbage, so you pay as little as possible being fully aware of that.
Oh dear, you really don't understand Ebay, do you ;D

Why do you think the Chinky sellers of tat have about 500 simultaneous accounts...   ...they are disposable.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2022, 11:48:51 »

I tend to avoid shitty Chinesey crap in the first place, but some people seem to go out of their way to get scammed ???

If nothing else leaving poor reviews makes you feel better about making poor purchasing decisions  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2022, 13:45:03 »

I tend to avoid* egay, then most problems go away :)

Oh, and stuff gets delivered on time**

*For buying stuff.  Its great for selling stuff.  Above the rrp.  Because its full of idiots, too lazy to do the tiniest bit of research, and just assume as its on ebay, it must be cheap ;D.

*In fairness to Chinese sellers on ebay, even those claiming the item is in the UK when clearly it isn't, they make a better job of getting stuff to you within the suggested timeframe than many UK private sellers, who seemingly always have a sudden illness and have to go to hospital, or the dog died, or some other feeble, overused excuse.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2022, 08:31:52 »

Never had a problem with either eBay or Amazon, items have always arrived & have been fit for purpose , also sold a lot of toys recently on the bay and been very pleased with the prices achieved.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2022, 09:28:16 »

also sold a lot of toys recently on the ebay and been very pleased with the prices achieved.
Indeed. Because a significant proportion of egay buyers are stupid or lazy, or both.

In your case with vintage collectables, if you took it to auction, potential buyers would know exactly what its worth and be more disciplined on the bidding :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2022, 09:57:23 »

Never had a problem with either eBay or Amazon,
Amazon are fine as long as your issue can be dealt with by their call centre scripts.  If you end up off script, they are impossible.

But when on script, its fast and efficient :).  I bought a crApple Magic Mouse last week - and what a crock of shite they are, unusable due to crApple's style over substance - kicked off the return Monday, took it to the UPS drop-off point yesterday, refunded to my card today.
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 April 2022, 10:13:25 »

Ordered a pair of aftershockz headphones for wifey from Amazon yesterday. Just got an email with a one time passcode (OTP) to give to the driver before he'll let me have them. About bloody time because
2) Customers can't claim they haven't had the delivery and it must have gone to a neighbour/ over the fence/the gerbil ate it.

A have a mate who lives in MK, they've had these a few months, since they started getting automated amazon deliveries. This thing, like a coolbox on wheels turns up and plays music outside your house until you go and open it with a passcode, or your phone to get your stuff out. Sounds annoying, but also reduces human interaction, which I consider to be a huge plus  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 April 2022, 11:22:51 »

A have a mate who lives in MK, they've had these a few months, since they started getting automated amazon deliveries. This thing, like a coolbox on wheels turns up and plays music outside your house until you go and open it with a passcode, or your phone to get your stuff out. Sounds annoying, but also reduces human interaction, which I consider to be a huge plus  :y
For a few years now MK has has robots trundling around the Redways*, particularly in the city** centre, delivering takeaways at lunchtime etc, but have been used for couriering small parcels as well for ages.

When they first started, it was quite disconcerting to see "grandma's shopping trolley" whizzing up behind you, but its become the norm.

*Redways are separate wide paths for pedestrians and cyclists, and kept well away from the main roads. And main road crossings are via dedicated bridges or subways. An excellent idea, unless you are one of those cyclists who like to wear helmet cams, antagonise drivers, then post it on gaytube.  Or Fishermead (a particular no-go area early housing estate) residents who like to run into the dual carriageways to plan chicken with cars, then the parents get all upset when the little baskets die.

**Its actually a town, but Milton Keynees' get upset when you call it the town centre...
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 April 2022, 15:44:19 »

As I say, I approve of the idea. I feel the robots in question are much less likely to steal what I've ordered, give it to some random, or lob it over someone's fence and call it "delivered".   ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2022, 20:37:56 »

As I say, I approve of the idea. I feel the robots in question are much less likely to steal what I've ordered, give it to some random, or lob it over someone's fence and call it "delivered".   ::)
Needless to say, they don't go near certain estates, as they would be nicked, shot at, set fire to etc

So not a total solution.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.