Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello John got (getting) a new motor.  (Read 4448 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Hello John got (getting) a new motor.
« Reply #45 on: 20 May 2022, 15:44:27 »

How long will you have to wait?

According to the documents  estimated delivery is 30th September 2022.......but may be later.

So about four and a half months if all goes well. Apparently the car is being made /assembled in Mexico. I do hope my car is not being thrown together a a lazy Mexican fast asleep under a sombrero for most of the day. ;D :D
Just check the cubby holes for any white powder that might spill out. :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 20 May 2022, 21:57:49 »

I had 10 minutes on the BMW configurator over lunch and saw you can actually spec a tow bar on one of those things  ;D.

That's sure to turn some heads at the local caravan park M'Lud!  8)

You can easily lose an hour on these things. ;D

I tried to be 'reasonable with options'.

Pro Pack.
Thundernight paint.
Aluminium interior trim.
M adaptive suspension.

These options should help with resale. I hope.

I actually wanted a used car. One about 2-3 years old but the prices were so close to that of a new car that it didn't make financial sense. The used car market is currently insane. :-\

Yes it'll make all the difference when you take it down to WBAC!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 20 May 2022, 23:30:19 »

[
£32000 is a steal....I almost bought a M140i Shadow Edition in black a few months ago.....but £28750 for a 2019 car with 25000 miles under it's wheels was silly money.

They were stupidly priced for a time, there was a dealer who was doing 3 pedal editions with very sparse options for about £28-29k for a six months or so. Truly ridiculous, as long as you could live with the same interior as a £15k 116d.

I look forward to hear how you get on with the 240i, I think the AWD will be a substantial asset, I found putting power down to be the biggest challenge in the 1er.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2022, 08:25:27 »

I took a trip to Hemel Hempstead with the Brother in law yesterday to buy a 2011, 2.9 Boxster 987.
Georgeous car in metallic blue with tan interior, and goes like a stabbed rat.
He paid the £15,500 in cash.I should have been a bricklayer.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 21 May 2022, 13:13:36 »

I had 10 minutes on the BMW configurator over lunch and saw you can actually spec a tow bar on one of those things  ;D.

That's sure to turn some heads at the local caravan park M'Lud!  8)

You can easily lose an hour on these things. ;D

I tried to be 'reasonable with options'.

Pro Pack.
Thundernight paint.
Aluminium interior trim.
M adaptive suspension.

These options should help with resale. I hope.

I actually wanted a used car. One about 2-3 years old but the prices were so close to that of a new car that it didn't make financial sense. The used car market is currently insane. :-\

Yes it'll make all the difference when you take it down to WBAC;D

Far from my first port of call, Tig, but two Tata dealers offered £1000 and £1500 less than WBAC actually gave me, and £2000 less than the original offer from WBAC.

I 'may' have achieved another £1000 with a private sale but then I'd have to put up with every  Tornado test pilot who happened along......most of whom were just tyre kickers.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 21 May 2022, 13:17:07 »

I took a trip to Hemel Hempstead with the Brother in law yesterday to buy a 2011, 2.9 Boxster 987.
Georgeous car in metallic blue with tan interior, and goes like a stabbed rat.
He paid the £15,500 in cash.I should have been a bricklayer.  ::) ;D

I really rate the Boxster and if you're not bothered by the 'gay hairdresser image' ::) ::) ::) they are a great driving machine. :y

Anyway....I hear that these days you don't have any hair. >:D 8) :D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 21 May 2022, 14:19:08 »

Bald as a gooseberry me.  :)
They are indeed a great drivers car. Handling is just superb with the engine in the middle, rather than the old Porsche habit of hanging it out the back.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 21 May 2022, 14:32:18 »

They are indeed a great drivers car. Handling is just superb with the engine in the middle, rather than the old Porsche habit of hanging it out the back.

The one I drove was 2.7.

Sounded great. Handled great.

Possibly needed just a touch more Ooomph. :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 21 May 2022, 15:01:03 »

You are correct Mr YZ. :y

Brummie motoring journalist managed 3.82 seconds in this video. My almost 600 BHP remapped XFR couldn't better 4.4 secs due to lack of initial traction.

https://youtu.be/SbtfOcQMl-k

When you get your new car Opti have a quick look at the handbook. It explains in great detail how to use launch control, and then adds a warning telling you that excessive use of this feature causes excessive wear on the transmission and engine components. No shit Sherlock.  ;D  That’s why with a car like this it’s nice to go brand new.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 21 May 2022, 18:38:21 »

The one I drove was 2.7.

Sounded great. Handled great.

Possibly needed just a touch more Ooomph. :y

I would agree with that. Mines a 2.7 (217bhp) and could do with a few more ponies ideally, but for the price I cant grumble.
The 2.9 has 252bhp, which seems to make quite a difference.
Not in the same league as a lot of modern cars of 400+ bhp, but more than adequate for most situations, and most of them are heavy old buses anyway.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2022, 18:42:57 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 21 May 2022, 21:37:26 »

Plus it’s basic design is to be sprightly anyway 👍
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 May 2022, 12:57:02 »

Brummie motoring journalist managed 3.82 seconds in this video. My almost 600 BHP remapped XFR couldn't better 4.4 secs due to lack of initial traction.

When you get your new car Opti have a quick look at the handbook. It explains in great detail how to use launch control, and then adds a warning telling you that excessive use of this feature causes excessive wear on the transmission and engine components. No shit Sherlock.  ;D  That’s why with a car like this it’s nice to go brand new:y

It's comes with a 3 year warranty. I wonder if BMW would delve into the telemetry and see how many 'launch control' starts had been actioned before agreeing to warranty work.

I'm pretty sure Datsun check this on their legendary GTR.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22 May 2022, 13:54:42 »

When you get your new car Opti have a quick look at the handbook. It explains in great detail how to use launch control, and then adds a warning telling you that excessive use of this feature causes excessive wear on the transmission and engine components. No shit Sherlock.  ;D  That’s why with a car like this it’s nice to go brand new:y

It's comes with a 3 year warranty. I wonder if BMW would delve into the telemetry and see how many 'launch control' starts had been actioned before agreeing to warranty work.

Unless there's some kind of exclusion in the warranty, it shouldn't make any difference if you've done it twice a day and three times on Sundays.
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 May 2022, 14:09:21 »

Unless there's some kind of exclusion in the warranty, it shouldn't make any difference if you've done it twice a day and three times on Sundays.
Opti is a man , he's NOT going to read the small print , instructions or manual  :P

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22 May 2022, 14:30:07 »

Opti is a man , he's NOT going to read the small print , instructions or manual  :P
He really should, especially if he's going to throw it down the quarter mile very often.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.