Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok, I can officially put this 0-60 'dangle berries' to rest  (Read 113997 times)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, I can officially put this 0-60 'dangle berries' to rest
« Reply #240 on: 25 August 2015, 10:13:36 »

So, after 16 pages, can we finally put this 'dangle berries' to rest?  ::)

Edit: 17!!!! ;D ;D ;D

mka306

« Reply #241 on: 25 August 2015, 10:42:05 »

Due to me requiring a higher post count i'd ask that this is continued so I can continue to post until I have the required count :0

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 25 August 2015, 10:45:05 »

nearly there, fresh meat ;D

mka306

« Reply #243 on: 25 August 2015, 10:57:12 »

Lol, yeh fresh and no doubt ready for the slaughter but I don't mind it's all good fun.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 25 August 2015, 19:45:22 »

So had a reply from Vaux!  :o :y

Service Request number - 489214-1011714003

Date – 25 August 2015

Dear Mr Webb

Thank you for your email received 25 August 2015 regarding your Vauxhall Omega.

I can advise that I have spoken to our Technical Department regarding your query and they have confirmed that normally all these tests are carried out with an independent department, so we would not know the exact testing conditions and have no way of finding out. They would assume that the vehicle would have only had a driver, no spare wheel and very little fuel in the tank.

So, though not a definite answer it's progress (though I've replied to them asking if they knew who these people are so I can contact them).

Why am I doing this? several reasons....

1.) I don't agree  :P ;D that the testing conditions aren't important. if we reckon as a group that the Vaux figures are conservative and that the 2.5 should be nearer to 9....well mine was....but only under the circs above (one fekking fatdriver, low fuel). if I did the test with a passenger and a full load of fuel my car would struggle to do 10 / 10.5 seconds. therefore of course the exact conditions are important....if they weren't then we'd expect 9 seconds with full luggage and 5 passengers and 5 dogs.

2.) to annoy you naysaying morons!  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 25 August 2015, 19:46:56 »

ps, dbg. totally get what youre saying and I am very pleased with it especially after doing pretty much everything I can to get the conditions bang on. im obsessed now though  ;D.
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 25 August 2015, 19:50:16 »

....and whilst I'm here.... youre bang on about that scenario with the aston mate. what I love about the omega is that its very consistent. maybe that's cos of the autobox though. obviously manuals bring even more variables with getting shifting bang on every time
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 26 August 2015, 10:57:47 »

To hit the the manufacturer's quoted 0-60 time in a lot of manual cars requires the driver to be willing to hit or exced the redline (usually in 2nd) to minimise the number of gearchanges.

Regarding the 0-60 from VX, I would imagine they do everything possible to get the best result. I wouldn't be surprised if that included taping up panel gaps, removing anything that can easily be removed to save weight or improve aerodynamics (wiper blades, spare wheel, ashtray etc etc). Like fuel economy, I wouldn't expect it to be re-performable in the "real world", even with a brand new motor.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 26 August 2015, 11:24:46 »

So had a reply from Vaux!  :o :y

Service Request number - 489214-1011714003

Date – 25 August 2015

Dear Mr Webb

Thank you for your email received 25 August 2015 regarding your Vauxhall Omega.

I can advise that I have spoken to our Technical Department regarding your query and they have confirmed that normally all these tests are carried out with an independent department, so we would not know the exact testing conditions and have no way of finding out. They would assume that the vehicle would have only had a driver, no spare wheel and very little fuel in the tank.

So, though not a definite answer it's progress (though I've replied to them asking if they knew who these people are so I can contact them).

Why am I doing this? several reasons....

1.) I don't agree  :P ;D that the testing conditions aren't important. if we reckon as a group that the Vaux figures are conservative and that the 2.5 should be nearer to 9....well mine was....but only under the circs above (one fekking fatdriver, low fuel). if I did the test with a passenger and a full load of fuel my car would struggle to do 10 / 10.5 seconds. therefore of course the exact conditions are important....if they weren't then we'd expect 9 seconds with full luggage and 5 passengers and 5 dogs.

2.) to annoy you naysaying morons!  ;D ;D ;D

Mr Bear, I'm amazed that Vauxhall seem unsure how they obtain their own performance figures.  :-\

I think my 2.6 auto was a pretty healthy example of the marque. ........with a best of zero to sixty in 8.68 seconds in 137.60 metres.

Driver only......flat road.......no wind......low petrol. :y

mka306

« Reply #249 on: 26 August 2015, 11:29:49 »

I now have my post count up as some may know due to my car being advertised but I do still read this thread as I have to say it has been very interesting and I do love your shear determination to find out everything you can and prove your figures, keep going I say and good luck with getting your answers, I will be watching this thread with great interest.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 26 August 2015, 12:58:57 »

I now have my post count up as some may know due to my car being advertised but I do still read this thread as I have to say it has been very interesting and I do love your shear determination to find out everything you can and prove your figures, keep going I say and good luck with getting your answers, I will be watching this thread with great interest.

There we go young bear get a faster 3.2, get rid of the asthmatic 2.5, and a 3.2 accelerate's faster. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 26 August 2015, 18:12:21 »

There we go young bear get a faster 3.2, get rid of the asthmatic 2.5, and a 3.2 accelerate's faster. :)

Is that the official name for the smaller V6  ::) :D I think my 2.5 manual would leave the 2.6 auto for dead  :-\
Omegatitis

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 26 August 2015, 18:32:39 »

Next time I go to Wales I'll try my 2.5's 0-60 out of the traps at the Severn Bridge, and then we can really put this 'dangle berries' to rest!  :y  ;D

Why the Severn Bridge?  ???  Because I'm not wealthy enough to have my own private test track....  :P  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 26 August 2015, 19:32:08 »

Thanks mka.  I'm persistent if nothing else ha ha
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 26 August 2015, 19:44:22 »

Some interesting developments  ;D

Ok so was browsing parkers again and my facelift is actually down as 9. 2. The 9. 5 figure I was looking at was for the cars from 94 to 99. So thinking that's the original model.

However as my car did just under 9. 5 and if I subtract my extra weight AND the weight of the spare its exactly 9. 19.

So what does this mean...

If Vauxhall test their motors taking all sorts of weight reducing actions like low fuel,  1 driver,  no spare then the car is EXACTLY bang on.

If however they achieved 9. 2 with 2 up,  fuel,  spare etc. Then my cars nowhere near and I need to do some more testing to get the timing as best as I can achieve and hope that it was my driving letting me down.

Hopefully tho the former is correct as per thoughts on here and the e mail from Vauxhall
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.