Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: '51 plate (facelift) - removal of door panel???  (Read 1240 times)

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
'51 plate (facelift) - removal of door panel???
« on: 25 November 2006, 16:21:19 »

Hi,

Have a look at this (large image) -

I'm trying to get the door panel off to unstick / lubricate the door lock - it sometimes (often) doesn't open/close on the RCL, although can be actuated from the door lock plunger.

This problem, in itself, seems fairly common, and I just want to remove the door panel to clean-up and lubricate the locking mechanism / drive servo.

So, Haynes BoL doesn't cover this model, although I have a copy anyway, but the doors seem to be one of those items that're different between pre-facelift and facelift models.

I've found the screws ringed in RED, but by applyingsome pressure to remove the panel it's obvious there's something holding the panel on around the Green area (I've also shone a torch down behind the panel as much as I can, which confirms that there's something around there coupled to the door.

Any clues as to what's holding the last bit of the panel on?, and how to remove it?

My thoughts were on the door rubbish compartment (well, it's where the wife leaves all her rubbish, anyway), but that seems to be part of the main moulding of the door panel (and no obvious way to remove it). I've removed the window controls - seen dangling on their cable-form, but there's nothing behind those.

Any help gratefully received!

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: '51 plate (facelift) - removal of door panel??
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2006, 16:26:32 »

Been covered.. hang on...
Alas, no more Omegas....

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Alas, no more Omegas....

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
Re: '51 plate (facelift) - removal of door panel??
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2006, 16:32:39 »

**** ME!

That's a quick reply...

Aha, and cheers - much appreciated - there did seem to be a plastic "ridge" around the magic hidden screw, but it felt too much like part of the moulding of the door panel.

(looks outside... Bugger!, it's gone dark already)

Ok, a job for tomorrow morning.

Thanks a lot, MarkJay, a 7 minute 5 star reply. (hmmmm, took me longer to find a torch to look behind the panel than it did for MJ's reply)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.