Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: '96 pre-facelift headlight problem  (Read 1018 times)

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
Re: '96 pre-facelift headlight problem
« Reply #15 on: 09 March 2011, 19:54:59 »

Look on Ebay, you can buy brand new replacement Depot clear glass projector headlights for about £55 each...they say for 98-00 but are plug and play for all Omegas before the facelift models :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

Boatboy

• Intermediate Member
  • St Albans
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 March 2011, 10:39:04 »

Having polished the bejasus out of my old lenses one of my lovely neighbour's did a hit and run and bust two of the brackets on the nearside lamp.

I replaced the pair for £108.50 Depo units supplied next day by vauxcentre in August. One of the ball and socket adjusters had come adrift in transit on both of them, but that was easily popped back in with long fingers and selected adjustment.

You need to swap over your old 1-2-3 range motors and I needed to buy different bulbs (h7?) for the main or dip, cant remember which.

Quick line up against the garage door and mot no probs.

The increase in light is an eye opener. They are the 'golf ball clear glass' style if that makes sense.

Steve

« Last Edit: 10 March 2011, 10:39:54 by Steve_Bateson »
Every start's a bonus!
03 2.6 Elite estate. Bose my A***

Abiton

« Reply #17 on: 11 March 2011, 20:51:03 »

Well folks, I got lucky.

In a rush, before getting most of the excellent info that's been offered, I bought a like-for-like secondhand unit on Ebay for a decent price.

I was worried that I'd end up with something in similar condition to the present one, but have been pleasantly surprised.  Very well packaged, promptly despatched, and apparently 'nearly new' in condition.
It's date-coded 097T which I initially thought meant 1997, but maybe it's a replacement made in 2009, July?  Looks way too good to be only a year or two newer than ours, inside and out.  :)
Thanks again everyone, you're wonderful. :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.