Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ecu software upgrade  (Read 1640 times)

old cruiser

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
Ecu software upgrade
« on: 05 March 2007, 09:04:36 »

Question for any of you guys that have had their autobox software upgraded; have you noticed any warning lights come up on the dashboard of any kind, since the upgrade, as I was talking to a Vauxhall engineer recently and we were discussing the upgrades and he tells me that  in some cases it has been known for random warning lights  showing themselves since upgrades on some vehicles, has anyone else found this ?
Cheers Pete

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Ecu software upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2007, 09:06:57 »

Question for any of you guys that have had their autobox software upgraded; have you noticed any warning lights come up on the dashboard of any kind, since the upgrade, as I was talking to a Vauxhall engineer recently and we were discussing the upgrades and he tells me that  in some cases it has been known for random warning lights  showing themselves since upgrades on some vehicles, has anyone else found this ?
Cheers Pete
No.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2007, 09:09:31 »

Vauxhall engineer

You do of course mean technician

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2007, 09:19:43 »

I've only had a Lambda sensor problem lighting up the emissions light - but that was more to do with Morrisons' petrol than the auto box firmware.

Gearbox is much improved with the new firmware.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2007, 09:26:08 »

Cheers Pete

No warning lights, just more torque  :D
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

old cruiser

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2007, 16:33:21 »

That's what I wanted to hear guys and Mark, yes you're right I do mean Technician!
Cheers Pete :)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2007, 16:55:35 »

No problems for me either just smooooooooooth gear changes :y
Retired

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 March 2007, 17:08:32 »

Cheers Pete

Same here, no warning lights, just a better gearbox...
Alas, no more Omegas....

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 March 2007, 19:43:20 »

no random dashboard warning lights on here  :y

lukie

• Widnes (near liverpool)
  • It gold, but I like it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2007, 07:30:18 »

Cheers Pete

Yes mate I did, to be honest it was faults already in the system that didn't show up on the older software, I was also told by the guy that did mine that your throtle body needs to be clean for the latest ECU update to work properly, lucky enough mine was all good !

The lights on dash were taken out instatly by the mechanic and a new sensor fitted all was well again

bigall

• merseyside
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 March 2007, 09:59:02 »

Autobox upgraded yesterday

No lights - BUT-   what a  :ysmoooooooth :y :y gearchange now = should have done it ages ago
I drive a moneypit Omega - at least its comfortable!!!!!  200k approaching rapidly!!!!!!!!! "") (must change oil soon)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2007, 11:33:54 »

Cheers Pete

Yes mate I did, to be honest it was faults already in the system that didn't show up on the older software, I was also told by the guy that did mine that your throtle body needs to be clean for the latest ECU update to work properly, lucky enough mine was all good !

The lights on dash were taken out instatly by the mechanic and a new sensor fitted all was well again

By the sound of it you might be referring to the engine ECU, what we are talking about here is the automatic gearbox ECU (also known as TCM for Transmission Control Module)?

Alas, no more Omegas....

lukie

• Widnes (near liverpool)
  • It gold, but I like it !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 March 2007, 19:10:58 »

Cheers Pete

By the sound of it you might be referring to the engine ECU, what we are talking about here is the automatic gearbox ECU (also known as TCM for Transmission Control Module)?

your right, I'm sorry, I had both my engine and my gearbox one done at the same time, the greabox entered into limp mode when I drove off from the garage, took it back had the code read and reset everything great since it's done, it's very strange that such a small upgrade can make such a diffrence !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.