Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WishBones  (Read 1031 times)

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
WishBones
« on: 03 March 2007, 17:14:41 »

Hiya Chaps I have decided to replace my wishbones as i have some vibration and the car pulls to the left.

Before I replace them (once they arrive) is there anything else i should concider replacing, i have replace in the past one of the track rod ends just thinking maybe i should do the other side when doing my wishbones,

Was thinking about replacing the Steering Idler.

I Just want to get most things changed that require it needing tracking after fitting.

What does require tracking after fitting

Drop Links ?
Steering Idler ?
Track rods or track rod ends YEP Needs Tracking
Wishbones YEP Needs Tracking

Thanks Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

wombatcurry

• View Profile
Re: WishBones
« Reply #1 on: 03 March 2007, 20:57:24 »

If the shocks havent been done recently, have a think about them - once you're under there they're easy to do & they affect the camber.
I did wishbones, droplinks, all 4 shocks & rear brakes in about a day.

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 March 2007, 21:15:20 »

I've just had wishbones fitted and car re tracked.  Then I noted a clunk when going over bumps and had to replace both track rod ends, so go with your instint and change it whist you're there.  Garage advised to leave droplinks is they are ok - but at a tenner each, as the wife would say...whist you're down there.... ;)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 March 2007, 21:21:12 »

Drop links won't affect geometry, but like chopsdad says cheap and easy to change while you're at it (supposedly, need to do all of this myself  ::) ).  Do give everything else a good shake to see what needs doing.

I'm dreading doing all of this myself.  Not getting much advice on shocks to use, so everything else is on hold.  The front ones will undo your geometry, so pay attention to those as well.
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2007, 09:06:58 »

Got My WishBone the other day and will be fitting them when i get some time more than likely next weekend

But i still need to know if when changing the Steering Idler it needs tracking as i dont want to have to track it more than once if the Steering Idler needs replaceing after i do the wishbones

Drop Links NOPE does not need tracking
Steering Idler ?
Track rods or track rod ends YEP Needs Tracking
Wishbones YEP Needs Tracking

Thanks

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

old cruiser

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2007, 19:19:00 »

Not generally necessary to get tracking done after steering idler replacement as the wear is normally detected by an up & down movement/play.
Cheers Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.