Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help!!!! coolant light.  (Read 665 times)

chris b

• View Profile
help!!!! coolant light.
« on: 08 March 2007, 22:13:21 »

help chaps!! this dam cars driving me mad. am geting coolant cheek up on my screen but the coolant tank hasent lost eny coolant? it`s still on the max level. the car runs at norm at 95 as it alwas has and fan cums in at 97. it`s got no leaks and heater is still nice and worm . can eny one help be for i go mad ? >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: help!!!! coolant light.
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2007, 22:17:35 »

help chaps!! this dam cars driving me mad. am geting coolant cheek up on my screen but the coolant tank hasent lost eny coolant? it`s still on the max level. the car runs at norm at 95 as it alwas has and fan cums in at 97. it`s got no leaks and heater is still nice and worm . can eny one help be for i go mad ? >:(

The switch on the float in the header tank isn't making. You could try a good soak in caustic but the ulitmate fix is a new header tank - about £30. Ideal cahnce to change the coolant for pink antifreeze. Or .... you could just bridge the connection underneath the tank - that'll get rid of the message! ::)

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2007, 22:22:45 »

thank my friend al have a go at cleaning it but it is a bit shit up in there so a new one mite be a beter way.  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2007, 22:28:05 »

When its cold....try giving the float in the header tank a prod to make sure its not stuck....other than that check the wiring underneath it for corrosion....if its not that either than as said you need another header tank....around £40ish iirc or short the wires together underneath the tank and the mid willl stop complaining  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.