Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Now the Dyson. Again.  (Read 6832 times)

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Now the Dyson. Again.
« Reply #45 on: 08 October 2013, 12:48:22 »

I was told when i first bought a dyson not to throw the box away as i would soon need it to send it back faulty...i have had a dyson for 7 years and still going strong which i now use for my car and garage and my other one which is only 18 months old i use in the house..i have always used a dyson... i found dyson is best especially for pet hair...would not use any other vacum cleaner...And i still have the two boxes in the loft taking up valuable space as never needed them....So i agree with Lizzie..... :y :y

.............and what you have found is exactly what all of us Dyson fans have experienced.  Great quality, wonderful performance, tremendous reliability (saying that after now owning 6 Dyson's), and long lasting. Any that do fail are down to a lack of simple maintenance- filter cleaning - or serious abuse.

I have also found some people who run down Dyson's due to "cost" or something else, but when questioned have never actually owned one!  They have just listened  to some biased anti-comment from some who have adopted a "snooty" attitude to Dyson machines! ::) ::) ::) :P :P

aaronjb

« Reply #46 on: 08 October 2013, 13:22:44 »

I should add I also have a DC01 .. it struggles to pick dust up, let alone anything really stubborn (and, yes, I've changed all the filters etc etc - it's been like that since the day it arrived)..

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 October 2013, 13:27:09 »

I was told when i first bought a dyson not to throw the box away as i would soon need it to send it back faulty...i have had a dyson for 7 years and still going strong which i now use for my car and garage and my other one which is only 18 months old i use in the house..i have always used a dyson... i found dyson is best especially for pet hair...would not use any other vacum cleaner...And i still have the two boxes in the loft taking up valuable space as never needed them....So i agree with Lizzie..... :y :y

.............and what you have found is exactly what all of us Dyson fans have experienced.  Great quality, wonderful performance, tremendous reliability (saying that after now owning 6 Dyson's), and long lasting. Any that do fail are down to a lack of simple maintenance- filter cleaning - or serious abuse.

I have also found some people who run down Dyson's due to "cost" or something else, but when questioned have never actually owned one!  They have just listened  to some biased anti-comment from some who have adopted a "snooty" attitude to Dyson machines! ::) ::) ::) :P :P

Why would you need six if there that good ???,we have had one Miele and have still got it after many years of good service,its the "cat and dog" version,very good it is too :y

(and at the time it wasn't cheaper,don't know about now though)
« Last Edit: 08 October 2013, 13:30:02 by henryd »
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

dbdb

• west london
  • Tramlining,Trade Club,WIM,my time racing,Linux etc
    • f/l elite 2.6 V6 manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 October 2013, 17:02:05 »

Yes I forgot Miele they are meant to be very good, never had one myself but friends speak very highly of them, if you want to spend a lot on a cleaner spend it on a Miele not a Dyson.

My first and last Dyson was an early model I think the DC01.  I very soon discovered that although 'bagless' you do have to replace these
at £30 a time. I knew then I had been conned.  Later the plastic just started falling apart. Lovely fancy clear plastic but brittle.

All I can say is the advertising must be very good if people still like them.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 October 2013, 17:10:58 »

Yes I forgot Miele they are meant to be very good, never had one myself but friends speak very highly of them, if you want to spend a lot on a cleaner spend it on a Miele not a Dyson.

My first and last Dyson was an early model I think the DC01.  I very soon discovered that although 'bagless' you do have to replace these
at £30 a time. I knew then I had been conned.  Later the plastic just started falling apart. Lovely fancy clear plastic but brittle.

That's not a DC01 filter. No idea what filter for a Dyson costs £30! The only con was the person flogging you a £5 filter for £30. Anyway, all modern Dyson filters are washable!

The advertising is the same as any other appliance. People like them because they are fantastic at what they were designed to do.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 October 2013, 17:18:45 »

That's not a DC01 filter. No idea what filter for a Dyson costs £30! The only con was the person flogging you a £5 filter for £30. Anyway, all modern Dyson filters are washable!

The advertising is the same as any other appliance. People like them because they are fantastic at what they were designed to do.

Indeed, not much more than a fiver for a filter, also note they are life time  :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Dyson%20Filter

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 October 2013, 17:21:29 »

Little Googleing suggests dbdb's pictured filter is DC-03, not DC-01

dbdb

• west london
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 October 2013, 17:32:10 »

dbdb

• west london
    • View Profile

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #54 on: 08 October 2013, 17:38:10 »

Why would you need six if there that good ???,we have had one Miele and have still got it after many years of good service,its the "cat and dog" version,very good it is too :y

(and at the time it wasn't cheaper,don't know about now though)

Because with a divorce, and moving a number of times, I gave away three for "latest" models, and my fourth, which I had for 12 years, I have, although still working, just dumped because again I have updated to the DC40 to ensure I have the latest model. :y :y

albitz

« Reply #55 on: 08 October 2013, 17:40:40 »

Agreed. Imo,this thread is a classic example of brand loyalty and blind faith. We had Dyson for several years,were underwhelmed by them and replaced with another brand which is infinitely superior.Its like an old fella I used to know who bought a brand new mid range Ford every three years. "Best cars on the market,far better than anything else. Never bought anything but Ford and never will".
If you've never bought anything else (at least in the last 10-15 years) how could you know how good or bad they are in comparison to what else is on the market ?  ::)
In comparison to other brands Dyson are average at best.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #56 on: 08 October 2013, 17:43:12 »

I agree, and in fact I have never replaced the filters, being able to always wash them!

This is the very mythology I was implying to earlier, with some very misinformed 'knowledge that tries to rubbish Dyson's'! ::) ::) ::) ::) 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08 October 2013, 17:45:49 »

No filters in our DC01.......Not any more. :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #58 on: 08 October 2013, 17:54:11 »

Did you read my post Lizzie? I think mine was the DC03, it caught FIRE! after light use for 18 months. Ive never had a vacuum do that! It was the motor at fault, I did price up another motor for it, but iirc it was over £50 for a replacent, so I decided to buy another brand  :)

05omegav6

« Reply #59 on: 08 October 2013, 18:15:18 »

Our DC01 lasted from early '94 right up until mid '95 ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.