Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: Dead Person  (Read 378162 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Person
« Reply #2190 on: 07 August 2022, 21:23:29 »

Is that her true age? Would have thought she was nearer 80.
Sorry, Mick, 79.

Yes I thought she was at least 10 years older than me, remember her quite well from my youth.

10 years older than you......and 10 years younger than the scouser. :)
I'm the same age as Mick. And Lizzie  ;D

Yes, in the best year of the new Elizabethan age ever ;D  ;)

I reckon you were around during the first ginger Elizabethan age. ::) ::) ;)

Funny you should say that Opti, but from an early age I have felt a great affinity towards that period in history.  Very strangely I have had two ‘experiences’ in original Elizabethan houses when…..I can explain in no other way……a supernatural, other dimension, ‘event’.  One was so strong and made me feel sick, I had to leave the property very quickly, with my mother who also experienced what I had at the same time!  So, who knows…….perhaps I was around in that great Elizabethan age! ;D ;)

Yes, I know, the non-believers and those sceptical of such things will not understand it, but I can only recount what happened.  Not the only ‘event’ I have experienced in my life either :o :o :o

I don't believe she was a virgin all of her life. :)

Indeed, we know that she had Lord Robert Dudley as her main lover, and she spent much time with him, but there is no actual proof any sexual activity transpired between them. But there is no proof it did not! ;)

I reckon she was well known for loose knicker elastic. >:D 8)

It is doubtful that she, like most woman up until the 19th century, wore any knickers, nor drawers ;D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 07 August 2022, 22:21:15 »

Sorry, Mick, 79.

Yes I thought she was at least 10 years older than me, remember her quite well from my youth.

Funny you should say that Opti, but from an early age I have felt a great affinity towards that period in history.  Very strangely I have had two ‘experiences’ in original Elizabethan houses when…..I can explain in no other way……a supernatural, other dimension, ‘event’.  One was so strong and made me feel sick, I had to leave the property very quickly, with my mother who also experienced what I had at the same time!  So, who knows…….perhaps I was around in that great Elizabethan age! ;D ;)

Yes, I know, the non-believers and those sceptical of such things will not understand it, but I can only recount what happened.  Not the only ‘event’ I have experienced in my life either :o :o :o

Indeed, we know that she had Lord Robert Dudley as her main lover, and she spent much time with him, but there is no actual proof any sexual activity transpired between them. But there is no proof it did not! ;)

It is doubtful that she, like most woman up until the 19th century, wore any knickers, nor drawers ;D ;)

Good Queen Bess went commando?  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 08 August 2022, 08:20:04 »

Sorry, Mick, 79.

Good Queen Bess went commando?  :o

Oh yes, like all women did.  With floor skipping dresses they thought their was no need for anything like knickers, as they would get in the way of relieving themselves quiet apart from being unnecessary with no fear of skirts being lifted by accident! Instead they wore a plain white shift garment that was an underdress next to their body, which was washed daily, unlike themselves.  Even the Queen, and that level of society, would wash fully only once per year, at most!! :o :o  Yuck!! :o ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: 08 August 2022, 13:01:46 »

Once a year.... :o :o

I hope she wore some sort of Elizabethan 'fanny fresh' under those long skirts with no ventilation. ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 08 August 2022, 14:10:26 »

I hope she wore some sort of Elizabethan 'fanny fresh' under those long skirts with no ventilation. ::)

Trust you Opti! :o :o ;D ;D ;)

In those days everyone smelt, and to us now would smell very badly!  With our Queen Bess though it was her breath in her later life that apparently could knock people off their feet.  That was due to her very rotten teeth due to eating lots of sugar laden foods and treats, as the very wealthy did as they could afford those niceties! :D :D
« Last Edit: 08 August 2022, 14:13:44 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: 08 August 2022, 18:40:16 »

In those days everyone smelt, and to us now would smell very badly!  With our Queen Bess though it was her breath in her later life that apparently could knock people off their feet.  That was due to her very rotten teeth due to eating lots of sugar laden foods and treats, as the very wealthy did as they could afford those niceties! :D :D
Wonder if they had trouble getting a dentist.  :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: 08 August 2022, 20:22:16 »

Wonder if they had trouble getting a dentist. :D

I think in those days, the dentist was the barber, or the barber was the dentist.... Something like that anyway!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: 08 August 2022, 20:46:53 »

Wonder if they had trouble getting a dentist. :D

I think in those days, the dentist was the barber, or the barber was the dentist.... Something like that anyway! ;D

Correct, later called barber surgeons as they took out teeth, cut off limbs, bled people to cure them of ailments, and generally decreased the survival rate of someone injured in battle from 50/50, to less than 5 in 95!  But there was nothing else that could be done apart from leaving someone to die.  Henry Vlll survived his surgeons attempts to cure his terrible, very painful, ailments, like leg that ulcers that leaked very smelly puss and made him bad tempered enough to have unfortunates executed on a whim!  So Queen Bess’s foul breath and no doubt tooth ache was nothing. ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2022, 20:48:54 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 08 August 2022, 20:47:55 »

Olivia Newton -John 73.
« Last Edit: 08 August 2022, 20:49:34 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 08 August 2022, 20:51:01 »

Olivia Newton John 73.

No, no :o  :o. Apart from being sad, she was not much older than me! :o :o

Too many people of our age group are dying.  Quite scary, but when your time is up……. :'( :'(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: 08 August 2022, 20:55:53 »

So sad,
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: 08 August 2022, 20:58:16 »

Istr she had been battling Cancer for many years. Presumably, she finally lost the battle.  :(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: 09 August 2022, 00:20:26 »

Istr she had been battling Cancer for many years. Presumably, she finally lost the battle.  :(

I think she was first diagnosed around 20 years ago,very brave lady. RIP
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: 11 August 2022, 21:42:06 »

Musical Youth star Frederick Waite Jr who drummed on band's megahit Pass the Dutchie dies aged 55

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: 16 August 2022, 13:42:00 »

Duggie Brown 82 R.I.P.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 19 queries.