Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inside diameter for small vac pipe from cam cover to throttle body 2ltr 16v  (Read 871 times)

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

I have done a search but cannot find the answer.  The thin vac pipe that goes from the cam cover, to the throttle body on the wifes 1995 2.0ltr 16v has gone all soft inside. I am trying to find the Inside diameter, so I can buy some reinforced silicon vacuum pipe to replace it.

Would anyone have an idea of what size inside diameter it should be please, also is it worth doing the other vac pipe next to it, on the cam cover with a silicon vac pipe?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile

I can't help with the size, but you should know that silicone hose isn't recommended for oil applications.

Why not measure the fittings the hose attaches to?

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile

Thanks Nick W for the quick reply.  I thought of silicon vac pipe, as cannot seem to find proper pipe. Will do as you say and see if can get a pipe that will work using outlet measurement on camcover.

Addy
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile

If it's the normal thin vacuum pipes, the ones Vauxhall use thin hard plastic pipe with the rubber ends that fail. Then I think the internal diameter is 4mm. If I'm wrong, it's 3mm, but I seem to remember 4.

Oh, a quick Google says, 3mm, 3.5mm and 4mm ID. You can go .5 down in size, but obviously not up.

https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/threads/2-0-dti-vacuum-pipe-size-question.384234/
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.