Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Mercedes AMG63  (Read 2766 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Mercedes AMG63
« on: 05 June 2021, 21:22:24 »

Young Asian lad from corner shop parked his AMG63 outside our kitchen window today, I've been looking at it every time I go out. He's just been to move it and, when he started it up, the dog ran upstairs and hid under the bed  ;D
It is very loud  :o
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Mercedes AMG63
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2021, 21:28:56 »

500 horses can get get very noisy  ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2021, 23:18:53 »

Young Asian lad from corner shop parked his AMG63 outside our kitchen window today, I've been looking at it every time I go out. He's just been to move it and, when he started it up, the dog ran upstairs and hid under the bed  ;D

It's not just the ridiculous volume, but it's such a ghastly noise. And it's all bluster, because there's no need for it at anything other than full throttle/high RPM.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2021, 06:45:33 »

Well there's a surprise. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2021, 09:44:57 »

Reminds me of the time I got a bollocking from the manager for "revving " a Ferrari I was MOTing on start up when it does it its self(he was a numpty idiot!)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2021, 12:34:14 »

Reminds me of the time I got a bollocking from the manager for "revving " a Ferrari I was MOTing on start up when it does it its self(he was a numpty idiot!)
Always nice to have respect for your immediate supervisor.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2021, 13:06:13 »

Originally a N/A 6.3 V8......well 6.2 actually.

Than a twin turbo 5.5 V8

Now a 4 litre twin turbo V8.

Are you tempted to replace  the mighty Astra derv with any of the above?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2021, 18:10:34 »

It's not just the ridiculous volume, but it's such a ghastly noise. And it's all bluster, because there's no need for it at anything other than full throttle/high RPM.

It's the same for any german "prestige" car these days, even the poverty spec ones. Popular with those fragile of ego, maybe. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2021, 19:08:25 »

It's the same for any german "prestige" car these days, even the poverty spec ones. Popular with those fragile of ego, maybe. :-X

We have three Germans and they're all very quiet, even in sport/dynamic mode.  :-\   I'm not a fan of crackles and pops on overrun so I'm glad they don't have that feature mapped in. On the other hand, active exhaust sounds (fake noise or amplified) played through the speakers is becoming common on a lot of cars now. BMW with the M5, Audi with the competition model and Jag with the XE and F Type to name a couple I believe.  :)  I appreciate the F Type makes a nice noise anyway so what's that all about.  :-\
« Last Edit: 08 June 2021, 19:21:34 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2021, 19:10:22 »

I just like the normal burble from a V8, no need to accentuate the sound with pops & bangs.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2021, 19:16:33 »

I just like the normal burble from a V8, no need to accentuate the sound with pops & bangs.

:y

I'm not sure what the purpose of pops and bangs and crackles is, other than to scorch/set fire to the rear bumper.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 June 2021, 16:13:44 »

We have three Germans and they're all very quiet, even in sport/dynamic mode.  :-\   I'm not a fan of crackles and pops on overrun so I'm glad they don't have that feature mapped in. On the other hand, active exhaust sounds (fake noise or amplified) played through the speakers is becoming common on a lot of cars now. BMW with the M5, Audi with the competition model and Jag with the XE and F Type to name a couple I believe.  :) I appreciate the F Type makes a nice noise anyway so what's that all about:-\

Only on the turbo 4 pot (as the turbo extracts the 'noise' from the exhaust)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 June 2021, 16:57:44 »

I'm not sure what the purpose of pops and bangs and crackles is, other than to scorch/set fire to the rear bumper.  ::)
What's the idea of the stupid whistle noise that the lad down the road from me has on his Audi when he accelerates/changes gear?  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 June 2021, 17:25:36 »

What's the idea of the stupid whistle noise that the lad down the road from me has on his Audi when he accelerates/changes gear?  ::)
It's supposed to imitate the sound of a dump valve/wastegate, but they sound like a demented budgie  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 June 2021, 17:46:49 »

It's supposed to imitate the sound of a dump valve/wastegate, but they sound like a demented budgie  ;D

Lad round here has got a Seat that sounds like that , do you have to wear a baseball hat the wrong way round to have a car that sounds like that ? Asking for a friend 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.