Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Technology  (Read 1291 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Technology
« on: 12 July 2021, 13:37:29 »

Anyone else feel they are always in a battle against technology? The very same thing that is supposed to make life easier.

Yesterday we failed to get a Samsung Tab to “ cast” to a Samsung smart TV. It has worked before.

Trying to swap icloud suppliers for backups

Failed to bluetooth Radio  from an iphone to car radio today. Normally works well. Radio shows track  but no sound.

The list is endless. I am trying to get Nord VPN working to “ watch” UK TV. Easy on a compatible router. Not so easy on devices. Tech is supposed to be intuitive.

I cant wait for autonomous cars declaring “ sorry can’t go now as doing an update and didnt recognise your fingerprint”.

Rant over.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Technology
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2021, 14:16:59 »

When I got up one morning last week and took my iPhone 11 off it's charger, there were about six apps open and the face on my Apple Watch had been changed. Nothing could have possibly touched the phone during the night.  :-\
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2021, 14:48:49 »

Oh, wasn't it so much simpler when we just about had b & w 10" tv and a wireless.  No phone, no record player, just a basic gas cooker in the kitchen and only an outside loo.  Nothing really went wrong, just maybe a blown fuse for one of the radial sockets that a lamp was plugged into and the bulb had gone pop! ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Yes, I have wasted HOURS sorting out techie problems, rebooting, re configuring, loading, re-loading programs, getting gadgets to "talk" to each other, and then on the phone to techie 'help' departments, many who require repeated calls to get someone who can give correct advise ::) ::) ::) ::)

Oh yes, what stress! ::) ::) ::) :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2021, 17:16:44 »

My grandmother hated new technology.

The microwave and hairdryer were the work of the devil. We managed very well without them during the blitz, she would say.

She didn't even have a fridge.......just a pantry with a cold area away from sunlight.

She was always happy. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2021, 19:46:29 »

The microwave and hairdryer were the work of the devil. We managed very well without them during the blitz, she would say.

She didn't even have a fridge.......just a pantry with a cold area away from sunlight.

She was always happy. :y

My great aunt never had a fridge and she died aged 95.  She also relied totally on her pantry :D :D ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2021, 19:49:59 »

Oh, ....... and only an outside loo. 

You wait till we get 'Smart Loos'!  ;D

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2021, 21:29:11 »

My grandmother was a cook before she married. And insisted that the kitchen included a fridge and then a microwave as soon as they became readily available. She'd spent enough time boiling water and cooking in the two saucepans they were supplied after being bombed out to recognise tools that save time and effort.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2021, 21:40:08 »

My great grandmother baked the best cakes I've ever tasted.
She was practically blind, lived in a house with an outside loo, a well in the back yard, a coal fired rayburn in the kitchen and one bare bulb lighting the entire downstairs floor.
She didn't own a pair of scales, couldn't have read them if she did and judged the temperature of the oven by tapping the back of her hand on the oven door.

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2021, 07:51:08 »

Oh, ....... and only an outside loo. 

You wait till we get 'Smart Loos'!  ;D

Ah yes, look at the problems with untreatable bacterial infections caused by these in Japan. 😟
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.