Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Self fulfilling prophecy  (Read 6970 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Self fulfilling prophecy
« Reply #90 on: 01 October 2021, 08:54:50 »

Most certainly not, but all this technology being unleashed on the poor speeding motorist is not fair☹️🐆

why do speeding motorists deserve different treatment to other criminals? The ones who are told not to do the crime if they can't do the time?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 01 October 2021, 09:58:11 »

Speding isnt a crime. Its a traffic offence.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 01 October 2021, 10:39:32 »

Very surprised that Audi Connect didn't message me and say 'we saw your start point and the time you arrived at your end point
And let the authorities access the data...

Big Brother is out there, its probably only a matter of time before this data is crunched and fires out automatic tickets :(
                 That’s true☹️ I hope not or the Evo might as well go😢😢
Is it connected to the interweb?
Your smartphones are, and constantly call home with location.  And roadside and car mounted ANPR could potentially be used to calculate that a car has got from A ot B faster than a predetermined time, much like average speed cameras.

Obviously all this will be done under the guise of making the roads safer  ::)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 01 October 2021, 10:43:45 »

Hmmm, its not diesel my car is short on.  Electricity seems to be a problem ;D

It was probably the convoluted service interval reset I did yesterday has stolen all my electricity.  Definitely not the worlds best idea for resetting service interval, having to have the ignition on for 30mins while it chunters through it, with the occasional ignition off then back on during the process just to ensure that all systems that might have entered a lower power state are fully sucking all the little electrical pixies they can....
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 01 October 2021, 11:13:04 »

It was probably the convoluted service interval reset I did yesterday has stolen all my electricity.  Definitely not the worlds best idea for resetting service interval, having to have the ignition on for 30mins while it chunters through it, with the occasional ignition off then back on during the process just to ensure that all systems that might have entered a lower power state are fully sucking all the little electrical pixies they can....
That doesn't bode well for the average Joe who wants to buy a used one and steer clear of the dealers.
Diesel till I die

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 01 October 2021, 11:28:21 »

Run out off electricity here too :(

The Mazda has a comically small battery which seems to be good for around 3 weeks parked up before it loses the enthusiasm to start the engine - and that presupposes that the battery was properly charged in the first place.

We have been in lockdown for 8 weeks now, the car gets an occasional short run to buy heavy or bulky essentials (beer, wine, toilet rolls). After 3 weeks it failed to start so I hoiked the battery out and charged it overnight. That got about 3 weeks. I ran the next charge until the charger said it was fully charged and that lasted about 10 days.

It is on charge again now and has been since it failed to start this morning . Charger claims that it is fully charged. Just checked with a voltmeter and it is sitting at 13.85V. Going to leave it overnight and see if that achieves anything.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 01 October 2021, 12:21:13 »

Needed fuel last night so went to the local Tesco's which was closed, as the tanker was in and there was a big queue.   ::)

Went 5 miles down the road to the next Tesco's, drove straight in, fuelled up, paid and was on my way.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 01 October 2021, 14:38:50 »

Run out off electricity here too :(

The Mazda has a comically small battery which seems to be good for around 3 weeks parked up before it loses the enthusiasm to start the engine - and that presupposes that the battery was properly charged in the first place.

We have been in lockdown for 8 weeks now, the car gets an occasional short run to buy heavy or bulky essentials (beer, wine, toilet rolls). After 3 weeks it failed to start so I hoiked the battery out and charged it overnight. That got about 3 weeks. I ran the next charge until the charger said it was fully charged and that lasted about 10 days.

It is on charge again now and has been since it failed to start this morning . Charger claims that it is fully charged. Just checked with a voltmeter and it is sitting at 13.85V. Going to leave it overnight and see if that achieves anything.

just because it's fully charged(and 12.8volts would be at the topend of what I would expect to see on a recently charged, disconnected battery) doesn't mean the battery is any good. That requires a drop test, and I would suggest that it will fail due to its recent usage. Constantly discharging a battery that far will kill it very quickly.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 01 October 2021, 18:04:06 »

Doesn't yours do the open the bonnet, open the door, utter the requisite incantation and do stuff with the pedals trick?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 01 October 2021, 18:04:20 »

That doesn't bode well for the average Joe who wants to buy a used one and steer clear of the dealers.
It's certainly not Ford's finest hour...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 01 October 2021, 18:05:16 »

Doesn't yours do the open the bonnet, open the door, utter the requisite incantation and do stuff with the pedals trick?
If there is a backdoor way to do it, nobody has discovered it :(
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 01 October 2021, 18:10:32 »

Does it go mental if it thinks a service is overdue? Or can you just ignore it if you know it's been serviced?
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 01 October 2021, 18:15:03 »

Does it go mental if it thinks a service is overdue? Or can you just ignore it if you know it's been serviced?
I have no issues ignoring it, its just the loss of the tacho for a while until the message goes.  Other, more important messages are still prioritised.

But it needs resetting at some point, due to the way SDD works, as that also prompts the procedure to delete all codes from the car.

(SDD works differently to most diags, in that you do not normally clear codes willy nilly)
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 01 October 2021, 18:18:18 »

I have no issues ignoring it, its just the loss of the tacho for a while until the message goes.  Other, more important messages are still prioritised.

But it needs resetting at some point, due to the way SDD works, as that also prompts the procedure to delete all codes from the car.

(SDD works differently to most diags, in that you do not normally clear codes willy nilly)
Hmmm.....got you by the short and curlies if you can't do it yourself. Which, I suppose, is the whole idea. I'll bet they make more from aftersales service than they do on the sale of the car.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 01 October 2021, 18:24:33 »

Hmmm.....got you by the short and curlies if you can't do it yourself. Which, I suppose, is the whole idea. I'll bet they make more from aftersales service than they do on the sale of the car.
Dealers make around 1-3% on the sale of a new car sold at RRP. That doesn't keep the lights on ;)

They make their money through finance, 2nd hand car sales and not servicing cars.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.