Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another lockdown coming ?  (Read 2710 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Another lockdown coming ?
« Reply #15 on: 20 October 2021, 19:38:42 »

And flu jabbed, so I should still be around to collect my winter fuel allowance and Christmas bonus. Maybe even my 3.1% pension rise in April. :)

You may drop dead of something unrelated to covid.....like, say, sex with a 20 year old Norwegian girl. :)

.......or getting hit by a bus.

One demise may be more likely than the other. ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 October 2021, 19:43:38 »

Take hold again  :-\
it's not gone anywhere other than up  :P
Sainsburys announced "please wear face masks instore" today over the tanoy 
mandatory face masks and 1+ Meter social distancing in shops ,schools etc would be a big help.
and should never have been removed  ::)
that would help with reducing flu and other germs too an no cost to the economy
So..you're one of the Sainsburys crowd, are you? You'll be glueing yourself to the M25 next  ::)
I've been STUCK on the M25 for 4 hours before now  :(

Sainsburys is just down the road 1/2 mile ,they sell dog food , I needed dog food for my mum's yappy Yorkies  :P

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 October 2021, 19:48:22 »

Take hold again  :-\
it's not gone anywhere other than up  :P
Sainsburys announced "please wear face masks instore" today over the tanoy 
mandatory face masks and 1+ Meter social distancing in shops ,schools etc would be a big help.
and should never have been removed  ::)
that would help with reducing flu and other germs too an no cost to the economy
So..you're one of the Sainsburys crowd, are you? You'll be glueing yourself to the M25 next  ::)
I've been STUCK on the M25 for 4 hours before now  :(

Sainsburys is just down the road 1/2 mile ,they sell dog food , I needed dog food for my mum's yappy Yorkies  :P

Are the pensioners and soap avoiding students  up to their old tricks again?. :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 October 2021, 19:51:21 »

https://youtu.be/0a2sqMLhGNM

Babylon Bee have a bit of fun with the covid sniffle. :)

Where will it stop?
I only watched till 2035. Nice to see that he agrees Trump hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell of being re-elected.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 October 2021, 20:16:45 »

The Govt. so far, seem pretty determined not to have one. Of course if they eventually give in and have one then they will get slaughtered for doing it too late.
Although I have little time for this Govt. it really is a very difficult position to be in. Cases and deaths are rising again, but if we go back into lockdown the countries economy will take generations to recover.
Most people I come across seem to be under the impression that the vaccines have solved the problem and everything is back to normal now.
I have doubts that it will be over and done with in my lifetime.

That IS the headache for the government.  Do you let a few more thousand of people die or go into another full lockdown, when hospitalisation is apparently ‘Just’ 10% of what it was in January, with scores of businesses going bust and many thousands permanently losing their jobs?  The government just have not got enough money left to fund the measures taken during the past lockdowns, so let us vaccinate everyone we can and just carryon! ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 October 2021, 21:26:42 »

I suspect there won’t be the appetite for furlough scheme 2. People got too used to being at home.

I am nearing the end of six weeks here in England. On arrival I could not believe how cavalier everyone iscompared with the Spaniards we left behind. Can’t wait to get back. Infection rates are ten times higher here , maybe the Spaniards wearing masks has helped? Saw students leaving a concert in Lincoln on Monday. Social distancing ? No.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 October 2021, 21:48:52 »

I suspect there won’t be the appetite for furlough scheme 2. People got too used to being at home.

I am nearing the end of six weeks here in England. On arrival I could not believe how cavalier everyone iscompared with the Spaniards we left behind. Can’t wait to get back. Infection rates are ten times higher here , maybe the Spaniards wearing masks has helped? Saw students leaving a concert in Lincoln on Monday. Social distancing ? No.

True but Britain is carrying out far more tests than any other comparable European country, so we're bound to have more cases.

A fact the catastrophising media fail to point out.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 October 2021, 23:00:31 »

At the end of the day, it hasnt gone away. People are still getting ill and dying. So to my mind it makes sense to carry on taking reasonable steps to protect ourselves and others we may come into contact with.
About 8 weeks ago I picked up something which seemed to mimic Covid symptoms. It was very nasty indeed.
A week later it had transferred to swmbo .Being immunosuppressed it hit her even harder and she ended up going to hospital in the back of an Ambulance.
The Doctors were pretty confident she had Covid until the test result came back negative.
We wouldnt want to go through that (or worse) again, for the sake of taking a few precautions.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 October 2021, 23:03:51 »

my daughter worked on the ICU wards throughout the last 18 months ... her recommendation for this winter is, do not get ill enough to go into hospital .... they were at bursting point weeks ago. Too many covid patients & not enough staff
Hardly a surprise given that the symptoms for TCV apparently range from diarrhoea to a slight headache and pretty much anything in between.

And if the statistics are to be believed being hit by a bus is also on the list ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 October 2021, 23:06:17 »

At the end of the day, it hasnt gone away. People are still getting ill and dying. So to my mind it makes sense to carry on taking reasonable steps to protect ourselves and others we may come into contact with.
About 8 weeks ago I picked up something which seemed to mimic Covid symptoms. It was very nasty indeed.
A week later it had transferred to swmbo .Being immunosuppressed it hit her even harder and she ended up going to hospital in the back of an Ambulance.
The Doctors were pretty confident she had Covid until the test result came back negative.
We wouldnt want to go through that (or worse) again, for the sake of taking a few precautions.
What did you do two years ago?

That would be a reasonable starting point for 'normal' life. Whatever normal is for you, or anyone else.
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 October 2021, 12:17:15 »

Hardly a surprise given that the symptoms for TCV apparently range from diarrhoea to a slight headache and pretty much anything in between.

???
so an Imodium and an aspirin is all that's needed  :-\ perhaps you should pass that on to the W.H.O

I think you need to do a little more research DG
the range of symptoms starts with no symptoms at all ,spreading Covid to god knows how many other people  ......
all the way up to not being able to breathe ,long term health issues ,being dead etc

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 October 2021, 12:32:54 »

Well the media have started their lockdown campaign so it's probably only a matter of time before Boris caves in!  ::)
If he does, it needs to be soon, because if he leaves it and brings in a tighter restrictions - beyond masks etc - in the back end of November or in December, he will get the moniker of the man who ruined Christmas.

I feel a gentler, but faster set of restrictions now - eg, masks, back to table service at pubs, blah blah - might help enough?  Though the NHS has always been bollixed once the cold weather arrives, that's nothing new.

Personally, I've kept with the mask in crowded areas, or amongst people I dont trust.  And pretty much the same with meeting up with people, I remain choosy.

I'm not so worried about catching it myself, as I'm young enough and hopefully healthy enough to shake it off. I worry about passing it on to those people I care about who would have a rougher time should they catch it from me.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 October 2021, 12:40:53 »

The NHS also has to tolerate the fact that most of us have lost our immunity to other illnesses, due to the fact we've been cooped up for so long.  I believe that is why the government wanted to relax all restrictions possibly a bit earlier than ideal, to try to build up some of that immunity over the warmer summer months.

But the messaging from the media and (as always, thick) British public was that it was all over.  And people completely returned to how it was before, packing themselves as tight as they could into pubs and clubs, cramming in stadiums to watch 22 nancy boys kick a bag of air around, and refusing to simply were masks in supermarkets even when requested.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 October 2021, 12:44:35 »

......, due to the fact we've been cooped up for so long.   ....

We should be so lucky .....  ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 October 2021, 12:48:01 »

Well the media have started their lockdown campaign so it's probably only a matter of time before Boris caves in!  ::)
If he does, it needs to be soon, because if he leaves it and brings in a tighter restrictions - beyond masks etc - in the back end of November or in December, he will get the moniker of the man who ruined Christmas.

I feel a gentler, but faster set of restrictions now - eg, masks, back to table service at pubs, blah blah - might help enough?  Though the NHS has always been bollixed once the cold weather arrives, that's nothing new.

Personally, I've kept with the mask in crowded areas, or amongst people I dont trust.  And pretty much the same with meeting up with people, I remain choosy.

I'm not so worried about catching it myself, as I'm young enough and hopefully healthy enough to shake it off. I worry about passing it on to those people I care about who would have a rougher time should they catch it from me.

Exactly as I said earlier it takes just a little bit of commonsense.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.