Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cautionary note...  (Read 941 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Cautionary note...
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2022, 18:39:20 »

It's always tempting to undertake the dicks who sit in the middle lane, especially at night when there's no other traffic about.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2022, 18:44:51 »

It's always tempting to undertake the dicks who sit in the middle lane, especially at night when there's no other traffic about.  ::)

If someone wants to sit in lane 3 of 4 doing 60 with just DRLs on, then it must surely be safer to simply stay in lane 1 and pass them at 70 than zigzag across all four lanes.

Presumably from the tone of the piece, he was consistently weaving in and out of traffic and they rolled it up into one offence.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2022, 20:20:36 »

it should have been argued that if he had time to 'undertake' the car in lane 3, then that driver would have had time to move left. And I understood that undertaking was defined as moving left from your lane to undertake & then return to the original lane.
I've frequently stayed in lane 1 to pass some *uckwit that's driven mile after mile in lane 2. I've also passed vehicles that have stayed in lane 3 of 4 while in lane 1 on an otherwise empty motorway

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2022, 21:13:27 »

It is an offence to sit in the middle lane when there is space on the inside lane, there was a big campaign about it a couple of years ago. So, presumably, the driver of the vehicle that was undertaken was fined?
No? Didn't think so.
Diesel till I die

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2022, 22:59:48 »

I've been there. Empty road, cruising, and someone sitting in the middle lane, cruising.

But also, I've been on a three, four, five hour drive. Just trying to get there cruising. I often can't be arsed moving in ,then moving out, then back in again, then back out again. I don't take amphetamines, relaxed, laid back. If the outside lane is empty, what's the problem just overtake.

I completely understand getting pissed of on a busy road with someone hogging the middle, or even the outside lane (usually Range Rovers or nuns!). But it's not the end of the world.

I get more pissed off with dangerous assholes cutting in front and almost taking off the front bumper just to make some sad point. Maybe they don't get enough sex in their lives?

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2022, 23:05:35 »

I've been there. Empty road, cruising, and someone sitting in the middle lane, cruising.

But also, I've been on a three, four, five hour drive. Just trying to get there cruising. I often can't be arsed moving in ,then moving out, then back in again, then back out again. I don't take amphetamines, relaxed, laid back. If the outside lane is empty, what's the problem just overtake.

I completely understand getting pissed of on a busy road with someone hogging the middle, or even the outside lane (usually Range Rovers or nuns!). But it's not the end of the world.

I get more pissed off with dangerous assholes cutting in front and almost taking off the front bumper just to make some sad point. Maybe they don't get enough sex in their lives?

Nuns?  ???  ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2022, 23:26:03 »

Nuns?  ???  ;D

Yep. Nuns
Totally unaware of what's going on in the real world around, in front, or behind them. Same as Range Rover drivers (well, most of them from what I see).   :-X
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 April 2022, 02:23:27 »

Currently running upto Luton and back alot on shift and the number of people parked in Lane 3 is enough to warrant a purge.

A sign on a few gantries and a handful of cars pulled over on the hard shoulder would be a start... Ignoring the lack of a hard shoulder of course.  :-X

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 April 2022, 10:33:28 »

Nuns?  ???  ;D

Yep. Nuns
Totally unaware of what's going on in the real world around, in front, or behind them. Same as Range Rover drivers (well, most of them from what I see).   :-X

I guess Nun's are in the hands on God so they don't have to worry about what's going on around them and if you can afford to run a Range Rover these days you don't care about the plebs.   ::)  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2022, 13:33:00 »

Got to admit that I very rarely get into the outside lane on a motorway in either the Range Rover or Subaru we're never in that much of a hurry to get anywhere, towing the caravan with the RR its usually on cruise at 55 mph & if I need to get past anything its an effortless manoeuvre, we both simply enjoy the comfort of it. If we use the Scooby there seems always to be some arsehole sitting  on its tail trying to force you to race, immature self-abusers.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 April 2022, 15:26:29 »

it should have been argued that if he had time to 'undertake' the car in lane 3, then that driver would have had time to move left. And I understood that undertaking was defined as moving left from your lane to undertake & then return to the original lane.
I've frequently stayed in lane 1 to pass some *uckwit that's driven mile after mile in lane 2. I've also passed vehicles that have stayed in lane 3 of 4 while in lane 1 on an otherwise empty motorway
Had one of my best motorway drives ever, coming back from Glastonbury, (town, not festival), when youngest lived there. Not much on M5 and stayed on cruise on inside lane and just pootled up past the middle lane hoggers. Was a few years ago mind, probably couldn't do it now.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2022, 15:28:41 »

Had one of my best motorway drives ever, coming back from Glastonbury, (town, not festival), when youngest lived there. Not much on M5 and stayed on cruise on inside lane and just pootled up past the middle lane hoggers. Was a few years ago mind, probably couldn't do it now.
I suspect you could  :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.