Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Poll

Should Boris Johnson remain as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?

Yes
- 12 (63.2%)
No
- 7 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: 08 June 2022, 14:00:52

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vote Of No Confidence  (Read 1031 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Vote Of No Confidence
« on: 06 June 2022, 14:00:52 »

So Boris Johnson faces a vote of no confidence this evening, so I thought we'd have an OOF vote as well!  :y

Personally, I would vote for him to stay, as I don't think that this is any time for the country to be without a Prime Minister and it will take a couple of months for the Tories to select a new leader and Prime Minister.

Yes he's made mistakes, but I feel that partygate for example has been blown out of all proportion by his enemies in the media, Labour and within the Tory party. Note how the media aren't talking about Sir Starmers police investigation into his Durham beer and curry night.  ::)

He's also pulled off a couple of masterstrokes which I can't imagine any other politician having the balls to do. Taking the vaccine program away from the Department of Health and setting up the Vaccine Taskforce led by Venture Capitalist Kate Bingham for one. Most would have defaulted to the 'safe route' of joining the EU's efforts and I'm sure that that was the advice from the Civil Servants at the time.  The AUKUS submarine deal with Australia and the USA, was another act which I can't imagine any other potential PM doing, as they'd probably be too worried about upsetting the French!  ;D

No other peacetime PM has had to deal with the issues that Boris has had to deal with, and yes although the parties at No10 weren't good, I see it more as a Civil Service issue than Boris Johnsons fault. The narrative peddled that Boris Johnson partied on an industrial scale while people died, is complete and utter 'dangle berries'!

There's great potential for Ukraine to spin out of control into a wider conflict and this is no time for a power vacuum in No 10!  >:(

Some may disagree with me!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Of No Confidence
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2022, 14:26:08 »

I hope the vote tonight goes as well as this one seems to be  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2022, 14:30:04 »

I hope the vote tonight goes as well as this one seems to be  ;D

Doubt it. Albs will be along soon!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2022, 14:31:23 »

;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2022, 14:38:21 »

I think you used the wrong words for your poll.

It ought to read like this:

How has Boris and his carefully chosen troupe of misfits, suck-ups and competence black holes lasted this long?

A: there is a God and he hates us

B: there is no God and we're oppsed for eternity

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2022, 15:48:08 »

Boris is a bumbling inbred arsehole who wouldn't recognise truth or integrity if it bit his Eton educated  arse.

Sadly, he is just about the best we have at the moment. :-X

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2022, 17:42:23 »

So Boris Johnson faces a vote of no confidence this evening, so I thought we'd have an OOF vote as well!  :y

Personally, I would vote for him to stay, as I don't think that this is any time for the country to be without a Prime Minister and it will take a couple of months for the Tories to select a new leader and Prime Minister.

Yes he's made mistakes, but I feel that partygate for example has been blown out of all proportion by his enemies in the media, Labour and within the Tory party. Note how the media aren't talking about Sir Starmers police investigation into his Durham beer and curry night.  ::)

He's also pulled off a couple of masterstrokes which I can't imagine any other politician having the balls to do. Taking the vaccine program away from the Department of Health and setting up the Vaccine Taskforce led by Venture Capitalist Kate Bingham for one. Most would have defaulted to the 'safe route' of joining the EU's efforts and I'm sure that that was the advice from the Civil Servants at the time.  The AUKUS submarine deal with Australia and the USA, was another act which I can't imagine any other potential PM doing, as they'd probably be too worried about upsetting the French!  ;D

No other peacetime PM has had to deal with the issues that Boris has had to deal with, and yes although the parties at No10 weren't good, I see it more as a Civil Service issue than Boris Johnsons fault. The narrative peddled that Boris Johnson partied on an industrial scale while people died, is complete and utter 'dangle berries'!

There's great potential for Ukraine to spin out of control into a wider conflict and this is no time for a power vacuum in No 10!  >:(

Some may disagree with me!  ;D

No, I for one agree with you entirely  :y

He can be a buffoon, an upper class, public school boy twit, but somehow he has shown great leadership with the Covid crisis, ensuring it was the UK that led the vaccine programme, then with the Ukraine issue.  He showed the way for the UN to become united (almost) and stand up to Putin, then ensure the UK gave their great president moral and military support.  Even with the energy crisis he IS doing all he can as PM to lead the Government in giving support to millions of us as much as realistically the funds (taxpayers money) will allow without pushing the Country completely into bankruptcy.

So any drinks parties must be seen in context - yes, not wise moves but with millions doing the same I am sure - so with everything else it must be now considered a minor digression.  And of course who else could lead this Country with some flair and determination?  Certainly not the Labour gang, nor anyone else from the Conservative Party. :P

On you go Boris! :D ;)
« Last Edit: 06 June 2022, 17:44:06 by Lizzie Zoom »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2022, 18:28:20 »

Boris has done pretty well considering all the unexpected shit that’s hit the fan since he took the wheel. I shudder to think of what Starmer would have done, or any of the shower of crap the Labour Party is at the moment. Of course he’s done wrong but it’s time to let go imo and get behind the madman ;D.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2022, 18:30:09 »

I think he'll survive because he is the best (Conservative party) man for the job.
But that point merely serves to emphasise what a bunch of mediocrities the rest are.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2022, 18:53:16 »

Hope he survives, I like him & his attitude , he's had more than his fair share of shit to put up with, all this criticism I'd like to see someone else do any better.
« Last Edit: 06 June 2022, 18:55:45 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2022, 19:26:44 »

Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2022, 21:04:18 »

148 is a lot, Boris will have to fight for his political life.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2022, 21:16:50 »

I think for many, except the BBC/FailyDail, its not that he had parties, its the fact he lied so blatantly.  Initially insisting that there were no parties until the evidence came out, then claiming he didn't attend, until the evidence came out, and so on.  Lies have been a constant in his political career, including the £350m a week to the NHS, and the "Ready Made Deal"...

...and then trying to change the rules so ministers can lie without any repercussions.  Next step is a slow decline to dictatorship.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2022, 21:22:22 »

Whilst he has made it through another day, he must know he can't stay on with that number who votes against him.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2022, 23:01:23 »

I think that the results of the impending bye elections will give a clearer picture of how the electorate feel about Boris. As opposed to an in house Tory one.  ???
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.