Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3013734 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #22755 on: 26 September 2021, 18:22:43 »

Don't have "keyless entry" on any of our astra Hs
the ordinary remote fobs do require being programmed in various modules, IN THE CORRECT ORDER though and IIRC used fobs can't be reprogrammed .
I don't have  Tech 2 or  CANdi  :-\ but manage accessing all modules etc with Chinese hardware/software  :-X 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22756 on: 26 September 2021, 18:34:53 »

the ordinary remote fobs do require being programmed in various modules, IN THE CORRECT ORDER though and IIRC used fobs can't be reprogrammed .
I don't have  Tech 2 or  CANdi  :-\ but manage accessing all modules etc with Chinese hardware/software  :-X
Fat lot of good you are  ;D
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22757 on: 27 September 2021, 10:16:08 »

Spent a couple of hours trying to ascertain why an Astra-H with keyless entry won't attempt to start, unsuccessfully.

Cheap cloned Chinese digs tat wasn't being very helpful at all, and for proper diags for an Astra-H you need a Tech 2 and a CANdi, neither of which I currently have ;D

I know Gixer has the Tech2, CANdi still to be tracked down!
Have you tried the key... :D
Stupidly, there doesn't appear to be a procedure for if the car cannot pick up the transponder, and no physical key override for the ignition (only for the doors, which is plastic, and probably stands no chance in a 12 year old lock that has never been moved - we know how much force is sometimes needed on Omegas!).

My car, for example, has a place you can hold the key to start it, so it can still pick up the transponder chip, even if the key is failing.  The Astra manual suggests holding near wher ethe ignition switch would be, but there is nothing behind it, so thats just a bit silly.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22758 on: 27 September 2021, 10:21:55 »

Its the immobiliser thats not working, the remote fob is all good, as is the keyless entry.

My ching-chong-chinaland cheap Opel diags shite is not completely reading all live data in the immobiliser, particularly the 2nd bunch of readings, which is where the key info is.  Hence I need to retrieve both my Tech2 and our CANdi lead, as currently not sure if its the diags gear, or the immobiliser thats not working right.

Additionally, the piece of shite that cannot be named here is refusing to talk to some of the ECUs that it thinks should exist after reading the CIM, again not sure if its the diags or one of the CAN buses thats not right.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22759 on: 27 September 2021, 14:33:04 »

Did you try holding the key close to the ignition as the H has the CIM in this location

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22760 on: 27 September 2021, 15:44:20 »

Its the immobiliser thats not working, the remote fob is all good, as is the keyless entry.

My ching-chong-chinaland cheap Opel diags shite is not completely reading all live data in the immobiliser, particularly the 2nd bunch of readings, which is where the key info is.  Hence I need to retrieve both my Tech2 and our CANdi lead, as currently not sure if its the diags gear, or the immobiliser thats not working right.

Additionally, the piece of shite that cannot be named here is refusing to talk to some of the ECUs that it thinks should exist after reading the CIM, again not sure if its the diags or one of the CAN buses thats not right.
Can i ask why?  :-[

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22761 on: 27 September 2021, 15:46:53 »

No.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22762 on: 27 September 2021, 17:40:19 »

Did you try holding the key close to the ignition as the H has the CIM in this location
I tried in the position suggested in the manual (ie, where the ignition switch would normally be) and dismantled the cowling and tried on the CIM - or at least what I thought is the CIM, where the stalks clip into.

TIS implies the immobiliser antennas are in the roof and in the base of the B posts...   ...unless that is for the keyless entry?
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22763 on: 27 September 2021, 18:21:29 »

Its an illegal copy.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22764 on: 27 September 2021, 20:39:20 »

Its an illegal copy.
Thanks Froggie, seen it mentioned a few times but never knew why.  :y  STEMO,  :P ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22765 on: 28 September 2021, 06:12:35 »

Managed to find somewhere that actually had petrol.

I believe £1.53 a litre is quite possibly the most I have ever paid :o

To be fair to the garage, they were limiting everyone to £44... So I left with more fuel than someone buying diesel... Every cloud ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22766 on: 28 September 2021, 06:48:00 »

To be fair to the garage, they were limiting everyone to £44... So I left with more fuel than someone buying diesel... Every cloud ::)
But the person buying diesel will still get further than you. £44 of diesel will get me over 300 miles, and mine is not the most economical.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22767 on: 28 September 2021, 07:43:10 »

But the person buying diesel will still get further than you. £44 of diesel will get me over 300 miles, and mine is not the most economical.
Rain on my parade why don't you...

;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22768 on: 28 September 2021, 08:24:18 »

Diesel can also be stored relatively safely compared to the idiots filling up ANY container they can find with petrol   :-X

Also, if people have a full tank of fuel and only do 10 miles a week ,it won't do the car any good, E10 degrading ,causing blocked injectors etc , poor emissions  :-\ cars 50 kg heavier (weight of extra fuel) using more fuel , not good news for the climate protesters  :P

I only ever put about 75 litres in my Omega  :D

also also , more fuel on board means more could leak in an accident.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #22769 on: 28 September 2021, 09:55:56 »

Spent a couple of hours trying to ascertain why an Astra-H with keyless entry won't attempt to start, unsuccessfully.

Cheap cloned Chinese digs tat wasn't being very helpful at all, and for proper diags for an Astra-H you need a Tech 2 and a CANdi, neither of which I currently have ;D

I know Gixer has the Tech2, CANdi still to be tracked down!
Have you tried the key... :D
Stupidly, there doesn't appear to be a procedure for if the car cannot pick up the transponder, and no physical key override for the ignition (only for the doors, which is plastic, and probably stands no chance in a 12 year old lock that has never been moved - we know how much force is sometimes needed on Omegas!).

My car, for example, has a place you can hold the key to start it, so it can still pick up the transponder chip, even if the key is failing.  The Astra manual suggests holding near wher ethe ignition switch would be, but there is nothing behind it, so thats just a bit silly.
Like any religion - you have believe without question otherwise you won't be saved ?
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.