Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vacuum hoses  (Read 18624 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Vacuum hoses
« Reply #30 on: 31 August 2021, 00:10:05 »

Multirams not working because they aren't connected correctly.

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90499.0

None of my 2.6/3.2 cars had a double T at the non return valve by the brake master. The second line was only on 2.5/3.0 and went to the Secondary Air Injection valve, which the 2.6/3.2 don't have.

Multiram guides here...

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90513.0

Also, is the ecu currently fitted from the Vectra?
« Last Edit: 31 August 2021, 00:18:08 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 August 2021, 00:27:49 »

« Last Edit: 31 August 2021, 00:41:44 by Eyal2002 »

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 31 August 2021, 00:40:47 »

Drawing of brake servo from web, will fix and upload again, to show ONE opening (mine is taped there, I assumed pin broke).

Essentialy my drawing is no different setup then links you provided, I removed the SAI but it is the same as the drawing for two reservoir setup.

Multiram WORKS in rear at over 4100 RPM, front only works when given power direclty so my drawing must be right.

I truly wish I could answer the vectra engine question. All I know an engine was purchased and installed, with only changes made to fit it right as it was horizontal on the vectra (but same Y26SE). No knowledge if ECU was replaced, but I doubt previoys mechanic would recode keys doors etc., I can take pictures or copy numbers from the ECU if it helps.

But I am wondering, doesn't V6 Vectras have multirams? and if not, why does the rear multiram works fine?

As per last page of your second link, the drawing suggests both multiram plugs share same 12V and I verified they do, and only thing I didn't check is that the negative wire for the front solenoid indeed goes to the correct ECU wire. Then again if not, how come I get the light in the dash when I unplug the front solenoid? beats me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 August 2021, 00:55:25 »

Also sent as PM, but for visibility...

Brake/Primary vacuum is as follows:
1. Compression fitting on the plenum.
2. Non return valve with a single secondary inlet.
3. Brake booster.

The secondary inlet has a 90°rubber connection. This splits at a T on the bulkhead. One draws the vacuum from the reservoir by the pollen filter... This provides ALL the vacuum for the climate control system. The other line from the T runs to the reservoir on the intake tract. This provides ALL the vacuum for the multirams. The second connection on the front reservoir runs to the multiram solenoids via another T and provides the multiram solenoids with a permanent vacuum. The ecu then switches the solenoids as required, using the vacuum to actuate the valves.

The only other vacuum line on the engine connects the fuel pressure regulator to the throttle body.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 31 August 2021, 00:59:26 »

The Vectra has a very different plenum design for packaging reasons, and might only have a single valve.

If you're using the Vectra ECU, then the multirams will never work correctly.

Likewise, if the sensors and wiring harness on the engine are not the Omega ones, then all bets are off as the pin outs on the ECU plugs may not be the same and the signals may not be correct.

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 August 2021, 01:17:55 »

The double T on the non return valve is the wrong one for the 2.6/3.2.

It should only have a single T.  ;)

Re-posting with corrected drawing:
Hi All,
New to posting in the forum, but... been reading for years...
Turns out all the posted vacuum diagrams are not accurate for 2.6L (No IAS, EGR...), and as I struggled with my 2002 2.6L Omega I decided to try and share an easy to read and CORRECT diagram for the vacuum lines:

Will be happy to share more of the experience fixing my vacuum setup.

Eyal

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 31 August 2021, 01:24:07 »

That's it :y

Just make sure that the multiram reservoir is correctly connected. Although the pipes are the same diameter, the rubber connections are not. It's easy to cross plumb the front multiram if you're not careful  ;)

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31 August 2021, 01:52:37 »

The Vectra has a very different plenum design for packaging reasons, and might only have a single valve.

Likewise, if the sensors and wiring harness on the engine are not the Omega ones, then all bets are off as the pin outs on the ECU plugs may not be the same and the signals may not be correct.

Gotcha. Will check the "negative" wire on my front multiram, and even send a new wire. Based on the drawing below my (front MR) positive plug connects with the working positive on the Rear MR plug, and it seems I need to verify/route the negative wire for the front MR plug to Pin#8 on the ECU (?). How do I know this drawing is correct for the 2.6L? anyway I need daylight for that...

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 31 August 2021, 10:16:07 »

Gotcha. Will check the "negative" wire on my front multiram, and even send a new wire. Based on the drawing below my (front MR) positive plug connects with the working positive on the Rear MR plug, and it seems I need to verify/route the negative wire for the front MR plug to Pin#8 on the ECU (?). How do I know this drawing is correct for the 2.6L? anyway I need daylight for that...

Is it possible to confuse the front multiram plug with something else? I have this nagging feeling that it is just possible to swap the front multiram plug and the air intake temperature sensor plug if you try hard enough (the later engines dropped the separate air intake temperature sensor)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 August 2021, 11:14:49 »

Oil pressure sensor at a pinch, but then you would have a red oil light on :-\

At the back of the engine, it's possible to get the purge valve and the ecu temp sensor swapped over. This is a problem because the purge valve is battery voltage andd the temp sensor is ecu 5v. This creates a significant hot start issue as it totally floods it... Basically 6 injectors on full chat because it thinks you're in Siberia. In January. Symptoms are same as a dead crank sensor :y

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 August 2021, 13:22:17 »

Going to disconnect battery and try tracing the negative wire see which ECU pin feeds it. Since last post I found online a clearer electrical diagram so the ECU pin I am looking for is #8 and not 6. Positive front MR is definitely 12V and connected to same source as the working rear MR, so the negative wire is the only suspect.
Question: looking at my spare ECU, there are 2 multiple sockets for a loom, both numbered starting with "1", which socket feeds the MR loom?

also, Doctor Gollum, I did some reading on the Vectra V6, it does have 2 MRs though very different plenum indeed. Will take photos of my engine and ECU today and post.
I recall being told that they installed Vectra Y26SE mint condition engine for me (original Omega block MELTED due to sudden drop of ALL coolant at 75 mph...), and they transfered top and bottom bits from original engine (oil pan, plenum etc). Only issue then was hard to get oil fill cap as the Vectra engine had is to the "right" side which is now "deep" side but I live fine with that. It is possible the engine installers recreated the front MR plug using the wrong wire source. Going to check now.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 August 2021, 14:18:23 »

If you have a complete spare 2.6 omega then fit the wiring harness and sensors from that car. If the current ecu is also a vectra one, then use the ecu, transponder ring and chip from the donor car as well.  ;)

At least then you know that your car is electrically correct.  ;)

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 August 2021, 14:50:06 »

Good point, will do wire tracing on parts Omega first.
Attaching here an engine photo (front MR solenoid moved up temporarily for troubledhooting) and the ECU - could you tell if this is Omega ECU or Vectra? thanks.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 August 2021, 17:09:01 »

What is the vacuum line to the intake above the maf? Also, I know it is lhd, but where are the vacuum lines for the multirams? They should be clipped to the cable tray as there's nowhere else for them to go...

I would politely suggest that whoever fitted that engine didn't do a particularly good job  :-\

A quick scootch does suggest that that's the Omega ECU... However the botched in IAT sensor (the 2.6/3.2 Omega uses a combined MAF/IAT) suggests that there are other things going on.

I would strip it all off and fit the donor parts from the other Omega.

Eyal2002

• Israel
    • 2002 Opel Omega 2.6L
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 August 2021, 19:55:03 »

Weather update from Israel: It is super hot.
Some findings and photos. The posted wire diagram is same as Hanes page 298 which is for engine X25XE/X30XE - My 2.6L Y26SE wires do not match as seen in image below.
I really need the wiring diagram for Y26SE to continue troubleshoot this. At least the questionable negative front MR wire is intact all the way to the ECU (both front/back positives connected and fine):

So either I do not know how to count, I shouldn't rely on the numbers in the ECU sockets, or I really need someone to post the correct wire diagrams.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2021, 19:56:55 by Eyal2002 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.