Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT  (Read 12845 times)

feeutfo

Re: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
« Reply #30 on: 28 January 2013, 21:25:28 »

Slight flaw is some members have to bring new rubber paid for themselves almost at the same time. Within a thousand miles of new maybe.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #31 on: 28 January 2013, 21:47:33 »

same car, same tyre sizes and same wheels and same drivers..

feeutfo

« Reply #32 on: 28 January 2013, 21:51:28 »

same car, same tyre sizes and same wheels and same drivers..

Pretty much, yes.

As we have three basic suspension set ups on the omega.
Three basic groups of drivers. Chavs, Plodders and Daisy's
Three basic tyre groups. Cheapo, mid range and performance.

Could be a long day. ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #33 on: 28 January 2013, 22:03:22 »

and dry where conti is #1.. if you skip it :-X :-\

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 28 January 2013, 22:09:24 »

Smd has said he's happy to be involved with his elite, new wishbones, set up, and eagle f1s.

TB mite have his mv6 sorted by then.... Might. ;D

Would Taxi Als ex plod count? :-\

Trying to keep to stock wheel sizes too, although we might get a Chav car or two. ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 January 2013, 22:15:44 »

Smd has said he's happy to be involved with his elite, new wishbones, set up, and eagle f1s.

Trying to keep to stock wheel sizes too, although we might get a Chav car or two. ;D

Ideally you need to stick to same body too so all Saloons or all Estates :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #36 on: 28 January 2013, 22:18:53 »

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/41010/dunlop-sport-maxx-rt-tyre
Absolutely no use, I'm afraid. Neither of those test cars are anything like Omegas. If one was a 5 series, maybe I'd take some notice.

These same reviews said SC5s were great. They're not. They are complete shit. That shit, I am very seriously considering scrapping £700 of tyres after 1000 miles.

Lastly, I think that review is a cut and paste from several other sites. Sounds like the same words, and it was under very strict Dunlop supervision.

;D

ok.. Funlops owned by Goodyear and Sumitomo which was originally a British company..  They are rich companies and have serious research funds.. so no chance to go wrong..  Besides I have the feeling that funlops sold in Britain and rest of Europe mostly tuned for wet..  which is another plus for UK weather

feeutfo

« Reply #37 on: 28 January 2013, 22:24:32 »

Absolutely no use, I'm afraid. Neither of those test cars are anything like Omegas. If one was a 5 series, maybe I'd take some notice.

These same reviews said SC5s were great. They're not. They are complete shit. That shit, I am very seriously considering scrapping £700 of tyres after 1000 miles.

Lastly, I think that review is a cut and paste from several other sites. Sounds like the same words, and it was under very strict Dunlop supervision.

;D

ok.. Funlops owned by Goodyear and Sumitomo which was originally a British company..  They are rich companies and have serious research funds.. so no chance to go wrong..  Besides I have the feeling that funlops sold in Britain and rest of Europe mostly tuned for wet..  which is another plus for UK weather
Sumitomi own Dunlop Japan only.

feeutfo

« Reply #38 on: 28 January 2013, 22:26:20 »

Saloons then, on numbers and handling(?). I don't think it will matter too much though as the results of one should be relevant to the other.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 January 2013, 22:30:05 »

Saloons then, on numbers and handling(?). I don't think it will matter too much though as the results of one should be relevant to the other.

Agreed... But for fair comparison they should all be the same ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #40 on: 28 January 2013, 22:32:36 »

;D

similiar weather , so co-operative development.. and japan have very good test tracks..

feeutfo

« Reply #41 on: 28 January 2013, 22:46:59 »

;D

similiar weather , so co-operative development.. and japan have very good test tracks..
According to Dunlop technical help line we don't get any Sumitomi tyres in Europe.
Make of that what you will.

But it makes sense, why have your Japanese factory supplying Europe, when you have a European factory?

I suspect either Dunlop, or Goodyear will win anyway.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28 January 2013, 22:48:41 »

Dunlip do a lot of testing at mira.road and race tyres and commercial.
Hoof'land storeman.

feeutfo

« Reply #43 on: 28 January 2013, 22:52:21 »

The point of this is, that tyres that seem to get reasonable reviews on other cars, seem to handle very badly on the omega on occasion. Falkens and TheGroomers sc5 for example.

So modern tests on modern tyres are going to be completely irrelevant to us, with omegas.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #44 on: 28 January 2013, 23:01:15 »

The point of this is, that tyres that seem to get reasonable reviews on other cars, seem to handle very badly on the omega on occasion. Falkens and TheGroomers sc5 for example.

So modern tests on modern tyres are going to be completely irrelevant to us, with omegas.

complete nonsense..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.