Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!! Sensors, Fault codes and I'm at a loss!!!  (Read 1116 times)

Pete Wright

• Folkestone Kent
    • View Profile
Help!! Sensors, Fault codes and I'm at a loss!!!
« on: 30 June 2008, 20:34:25 »

Can anyone please help!

I have recently had a problem with the engine light coming on. I used my code reader to find P0340 Camshaft sensor, and P0335 Crankshaft sensor. In an effort to solve this I replaced both cam and crank sensors. Started the car, and engine light came straight on (P0340) but also showed pending codes for throttle position sensor (P0120 and P1500) in pending codes. When I tried to clear the codes the engine stalled as soon as they were erased.

Anyone any ideas????

Pete
prev, Cav SR, 2 Astra 3's, Nova Antibes, 3 Carltons, 2 Omegas, 2 Vectras, 3 Cavalier 3's, Frontera Sport, 3 Rover 800s, 2 Ford Kas, 2 Rover sd1's, Rover P6, Discovery V8.

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
Re: Help!! Sensors, Fault codes and I'm at a loss!!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2008, 20:46:29 »

Everthing definitely plugged back in properly?  Did you make sure the mating faces of the cam sensor were clean when you put the new one in?  If not take it back off and clean it (5 minute job so worth a try).

Pete Wright

• Folkestone Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2008, 20:54:15 »

All plugged in properly will make sure its ultra clean (Anything is worth a try!) It's just a pain that I have to take the camgear wheels off to get the sensor out.
prev, Cav SR, 2 Astra 3's, Nova Antibes, 3 Carltons, 2 Omegas, 2 Vectras, 3 Cavalier 3's, Frontera Sport, 3 Rover 800s, 2 Ford Kas, 2 Rover sd1's, Rover P6, Discovery V8.

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2008, 23:05:43 »

You don't need to take the wheels off - last thing you want to do.  Take the ecotec strip of (2 allen key bolts).  Then take the timing belt cover off and you should see the bolt to remove the sensor - it's that simple.

Just noticed it's a 2.2 not a 2.0 litre.  May be slightly different but positive you do not need to take the cam wheels off.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2008, 23:09:14 by rickyboy »

Pete Wright

• Folkestone Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2008, 23:27:17 »

Unfortunately on 2.2 there isn't enough room to get the sensor out without removing the gears.

JueV6

• Omega Knight
  • Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2008, 23:39:51 »

I thought it was the same  :-/ :-/

Pete Wright

• Folkestone Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2008, 10:32:23 »

Ecotec cover just on slide clips, when the belt cover is removed you can get at the screw, but the sensor won't come out either up or down, and the gears (at least one) has to come out to allow the sensor to come out forwards.

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2008, 11:07:14 »

You should be able to lift it up and out not forwards.  :y

Pete Wright

• Folkestone Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2008, 11:18:17 »

Tried that, wouldn't have any of it, not enough room to get the sensor out by drawing it upwards as the semi circular bluge on the side of the sensor doesn't allow it to come up. (Sensor is different on 2.2 compared to the 2.0)

rickyboy

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2008, 11:25:17 »

Just read a removal procedure for the 2.2 and it's the same apart from the 2.2 has a locking/spring clip you have to remove as well as the bolt.  It should still fit out the top, have you removed the spark plug cover if applicable?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.