Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It's like driving a Rolls-Royce  (Read 2505 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: It's like driving a Rolls-Royce
« Reply #15 on: 04 October 2010, 12:33:13 »

I am deaf in my right year and have hearing problems with my left so I know how you feel jereboam............

:-?

what happened to your ears ?

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 October 2010, 12:34:02 »

Sorry to hijack your thread Jereboam :-[
Bobdent, your Avatar is far too small, kindly adjust it so I can see it comfortably; 1366 x 768 pixels should be about right  :y ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 October 2010, 12:35:25 »

Very sad news indeed J.

I hope the people in the ENT Dept. will be able to help you on your next visit.

albitz

« Reply #18 on: 04 October 2010, 13:00:31 »

My hearing isnt very good, due to a lifetime of listening to music very loudly (I blew up 3 pairs of B&O headphones in as many months) and working in very noisy workplaces - grinding and cutting metal/ cutting concrete with 3 foot dia. cutting blades.
I often have ringing in the ears etc. these days.
The thought of permanent/complete deafness petrifies me. :(

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 October 2010, 13:10:07 »

(I originally typed this in capitals but thought better of it!) ;)

[size=20]Pardon?[/size]

albitz

« Reply #20 on: 04 October 2010, 13:12:44 »

Someone had to do it. ::) ;D

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 October 2010, 13:15:50 »

I am deaf in my right year and have hearing problems with my left so I know how you feel jereboam............

For reasons as yet undiagnosed, the walls of my ear canals have swollen up, and the ear canals are virtually closed up.  No obvious signs of infection.  It's very painful, and is affecting my jaw - can't chew very easily. 

The silence is weird - very disconcerting and distressing.  I can just about hear the radio through headphones or by turning the Bose system in the car up to max.  And I can just about manage to use the phone, as I've got an amplified one, but I can't hear it ring.  If I put the mobile on speaker and jam it to my ear (painful!), I can just hear that.

I really don't like driving the car when I can't hear the road noise or engine.  So I have the radio on at full blast.  God knows what the other road users think as my Omega chugs past with Radio 4 blaring out at drum 'n' bass type vloume. :) :) :)
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #22 on: 04 October 2010, 13:16:33 »

My hearing isnt very good, due to a lifetime of listening to music very loudly (I blew up 3 pairs of B&O headphones in as many months) and working in very noisy workplaces - grinding and cutting metal/ cutting concrete with 3 foot dia. cutting blades.I often have ringing in the ears etc. these days.
The thought of permanent/complete deafness petrifies me. :(

phew .. deffo use something to protect your ears
like this one

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 October 2010, 14:05:59 »

For reasons as yet undiagnosed, the walls of my ear canals have swollen up, and the ear canals are virtually closed up.  No obvious signs of infection.  It's very painful, and is affecting my jaw - can't chew very easily. 

The silence is weird - very disconcerting and distressing.  I can just about hear the radio through headphones or by turning the Bose system in the car up to max.  And I can just about manage to use the phone, as I've got an amplified one, but I can't hear it ring.  If I put the mobile on speaker and jam it to my ear (painful!), I can just hear that.

I really don't like driving the car when I can't hear the road noise or engine.  So I have the radio on at full blast.  God knows what the other road users think as my Omega chugs past with Radio 4 blaring out at drum 'n' bass type vloume. :) :) :)
Abcess?

I know you say no signs of infection but have you had any antibiotics lately?  Might be time for a course?

At least if there are signs of closing aural passage then there is hope of a remedy.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 October 2010, 14:32:33 »

Abcess?

I know you say no signs of infection but have you had any antibiotics lately?  Might be time for a course?

At least if there are signs of closing aural passage then there is hope of a remedy.

Perhaps you need your ears cleaning? From what I hear (no pun intended  ::)) Aural Sex is supposed to make steam come out of your ears! Sounds like a plan to me! ;D ;D ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 October 2010, 14:36:59 »

Aural Sex is supposed to make steam come out of your ears!

Is that "Talking about it, but not doing it?"....................If so, I must have that, too!!   
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 October 2010, 14:39:06 »

Abcess?

The doctor said no signs of an infection.  And I doubt if it's an abscess, as it's both ears.  It would be a bit of a coincidence to get abscesses in both ears at the same time. 

And I'm sure, as you say, that there is a remedy.  The doctor gave me some combined antibiotic and steroid ear drops, which should bring the swelling down.  It will probably have disappeared completely by the time I get my emergency appointment at Ipswich Hospital. :)

I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2010, 09:34:39 »

I feel for you can only imagine how that is I had one blocked ear once and i was a little short tempered to say the least, best of luck with the remedy.
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 October 2010, 12:09:55 »

At least you haven't got permanent tinnitus and hearing loss! After being blown up a few times my ears just aren't what they were! I know what you mean about the silence, very strange!

In one episode, after severe barotrauma, I couldn't hear anything for days, apparently due to a muscle that contracts and closes your ears up!

Hope your lugs get better though!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 October 2010, 12:57:10 »

At least you haven't got permanent tinnitus and hearing loss! After being blown up a few times my ears just aren't what they were! I know what you mean about the silence, very strange!

In one episode, after severe barotrauma, I couldn't hear anything for days, apparently due to a muscle that contracts and closes your ears up!

Hope your lugs get better though!
Why is it everyone on this site has been blown-up and shot at?  Or am I exaggerating? ;D ;D

I'm feeling left out. :'(
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.