Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Tower block fire  (Read 31409 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Tower block fire
« Reply #165 on: 21 June 2017, 10:04:39 »

Why TB are you assuming all those who lived in these flats are spongers?  Many of those have jobs, all be it not well paid ones.
Just by listening to them. They clearly think everybody owes them. I have been in so many homes of people with this mentality, in a former life, I can predict what they are going to say.  The storming of the council offices afterwards clearly sums it up.

I have known  grown up knowing people who live in "social housing" and 99% have jobs.  I live in a flat within what is considered "social housing", although many flats are privately leased.  I worked all my life until retirement, and now enjoy a healthy company pension reflecting my efforts. Many in my block either works, or like me are retired.  If I lost my flat because the whole block was destroyed, would you call me a "sponger" who is not entitled to help,  Remember, all of us are just one step away from losing everything and ending up on the street. ;)
Its not social housing - although anyone who has spent time in Milton Keynes (probably the first place to large scale implement the experiment of putting such housing in the more affluent areas in the hope it will lift the poorer families (obviously, the opposite happens, as even an idiot could have predicted)) - its those people who believe they take and not pay back.

LZ, if you lost your flat, I would hope your insurance would immediately find you an alternative, temporary solution within a day or 2 (sometimes these things are impossible the same day). Certainly mine were discussing that option until the fire service declared my house structurally unaffected several hours later. In the meantime, local friends had already offered temporary solutions, as had family a little further afield. Where are these people's friends and family? And don't say "in the same block", as that would imply it was very inbred, with little society integration.  But then, I've always said, scum breeds scum (granted scum is too harsh here, but that's the saying).

Maybe I could have saved a bit, probably £10-12 per month, by not having insurance. But I'm bloody glad I did.  That's less than 40 fags a month, costwise. Whats more important?

Would you have backed me up if I'd rioted the local council offices because they didn't do anything to help me? I'd hope not, because its a bloody retarded thing to do...  ...yet the expected action for these who think life owes them  >:(

Now if you insured with Direct Line they would take you to a hotel "within the hour"; Vincent Wolf will make sure of it, or he will make an offer they can't refuse! ;D ;D ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/DirectLineTV
 :y
It's Winston Wolf, you deaf old bat  ;D
Although I believe Vincent Price may have played a werewolf.

I prefer Vincent Wolf as I say it with a German accent; Vincent Volf ;D ;D ;D ;)

I am sure he says "Vincent"!!  Oh dear, my hearing IS getting worse ::) ::) ::) :o ;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 21 June 2017, 13:13:25 »

Meet Winston Wolf

Be fair to say that it's NWS ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 21 June 2017, 14:59:38 »

Meet Winston Wolf

Be fair to say that it's NWS ::)

That film is classic :y :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 22 June 2017, 07:17:18 »

STEMO

« Reply #169 on: 22 June 2017, 07:23:10 »

First head to roll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40362317
 :y :y
Just been on the news. He didn't resign, he was 'asked to resign'. A not-very-subtle difference.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 22 June 2017, 07:44:30 »

First head to roll

Just been on the news. He didn't resign, he was 'asked to resign'. A not-very-subtle difference.

Oh yes, the knives are out! ::) ::) ;)

STEMO

« Reply #171 on: 22 June 2017, 07:47:48 »

First head to roll

Oh yes, the knives are out! ::) ::) ;)
The chief constable of S Yorks was 'asked to resign' by the crime commissioner. He went to court and they found his sacking was not legal. Compo to come.
Sharon Shoesmith was 'asked to resign', and we all know the out come of that one.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 22 June 2017, 08:34:54 »

Probably transpire that he was already planning on going before the fire but had yet to give notice...

Not pushed and didn't jump, but rather a face saving distraction... The real news will be elsewhere, meantime he gets the summer off with his family with no stress and a new job lined up in September. ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 22 June 2017, 17:54:14 »

First head to roll

Trial by media. A bloody disgrace (not that I'm sticking up for this weasel, he's civil service, thus is useless, thus needs sacking)
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 22 June 2017, 18:11:52 »

First head to roll

Trial by media. A bloody disgrace (not that I'm sticking up for this weasel, he's civil service, thus is useless, thus needs sacking)

Yes, and there will be a lot more of that until the authorities, including the Government get to grips with this whole disgraceful saga :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 22 June 2017, 18:20:23 »

First head to roll

Yes, and there will be a lot more of that until the authorities, including the Government get to grips with this whole disgraceful saga :(
Accidents happen. Always will.

Yes, its sad when (some) people die.

My beef over this is the belief that the authorities should take care of them, because they felt they were above being insured. And that also gave them the right to riot.

The only disgrace has been the (mainstream, popularist, rage) media.  I note the Mosque attack, and the Belgium attack were barely covered because it misfits an agenda, yet Manchester (because its now home to the BBC) and London (because all news outlets are universally just for London people, and definitely fits in with the David/Goliath trailer trash viewers) have been nearly non stop for a month.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 22 June 2017, 19:43:56 »

I've swung between anger at the incompetence of the authorities and anger at the demands of the tenents.

However ,there seems to be a whole web of interwoven collective failure emerging that has resulted in the deaths and destruction of the lives of many innocent people and irrespective of creed ,race or social standing they deserve to have their lives reinstated to whatever degree of normality can be achieved.
Every ,and I mean every , person who is part of that web of failure should ,after fair and transparent investigation and if found guilty , be either prosecuted or dismissed for gross misconduct .
Contractors,and the Directors therin, who failed to comply with the then current regulations or displayed any form of negligence should be prosecuted and prevented from tendering for any local authority contracts sine die.

And lastly , the disgraceful and utterly repugnant comments and manoeuvers from Corbyn in trying to politicise the tragedy for personal gain ,should be treated with contempt.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 22 June 2017, 20:43:42 »

:y :y to all of that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 22 June 2017, 23:55:18 »

First head to roll

Accidents happen. Always will.

Yes, its sad when (some) people die.

My beef over this is the belief that the authorities should take care of them, because they felt they were above being insured. And that also gave them the right to riot.

The only disgrace has been the (mainstream, popularist, rage) media.  I note the Mosque attack, and the Belgium attack were barely covered because it misfits an agenda, yet Manchester (because its now home to the BBC) and London (because all news outlets are universally just for London people, and definitely fits in with the David/Goliath trailer trash viewers) have been nearly non stop for a month.

Didn't report a policeman being attacked by a Jihadist the same day is the Finsbury park attack, the van driver killed by "asylum seekers" in Calais last week and have been reporting recently how migrants are really scared about Brexit and are going home. Completely failed to mention today that the population has increased by over half a million in the last 12 months.
A national disgrace which needs shutting down.
« Last Edit: 23 June 2017, 00:01:21 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 23 June 2017, 00:15:18 »

Don't think they mentioned the despicable "Day of rage" march either.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.