Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok, I can officially put this 0-60 'dangle berries' to rest  (Read 113688 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Ok, I can officially put this 0-60 'dangle berries' to rest
« Reply #270 on: 28 August 2015, 20:12:33 »

DBG, you're an absolute star.

Will stalk contact him immediately  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 28 August 2015, 20:27:26 »

0-60 is a bit old fashioned these days, normally 0-100kph is quoted, hence we get 0-62. Just out of curiosity, what are the Omega times for this, so we can compare to newer vehicles official figures? ???
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 28 August 2015, 20:42:22 »

0-60 is a bit old fashioned these days, normally 0-100kph is quoted, hence we get 0-62. Just out of curiosity, what are the Omega times for this, so we can compare to newer vehicles official figures? ???

Yeah it is. 0-100kph or 0-62mph is the usual standard. but in omega terms it's imperial all the way  ;D

if you search parkers vx omega and go to ''facts and figures'' youll see all the model variants.

then do the same with the modern vehicle you want to look at  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 28 August 2015, 21:02:01 »

Ian Coomber of the VBOA may be able to give you some info. He was 2nd in command at Luton for donkeys years, passionate about Vauxhalls (owns a 1930s T-Type himself) and a nice chap to boot. He's the guy who stands in the centre of the ring with microphone at Billing giving a pocket history of every car that comes in to take a turn. Often with an interesting anecdote.

Keith B or someone else similarly high-up in ABS or contacting the VBOA direct will help you get in contact with him.

I apologise in advance to Mr Coomber for being pestered by Webby  :D
Could try Andrew durden, was Russell Brookes co driver, and a few other GM drivers, GM man thro, think works at heritage centre now, nice bloke too. :y
But are either of them ready to be stalked by THE BEAR.
Hoof'land storeman.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 28 August 2015, 21:15:42 »

;D

Thanks BG. I'll see= what I get from VBOA first and then do some more stalking if necessary  ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 29 August 2015, 21:34:27 »

Well, I've had a response from Ian and it's perfect...

Stephen

The Omega is dear to my heart as it was the first Vauxhall I was responsible for launching in the UK as newly promoted Executive Director of Sales and Marketing. In those Manufacturing led days, the fact that all the launch cars were that peculiar aubergine colour rather took the shine of it however!

I have no personal knowledge of how the cars were tested. However, I can confirm that no performance testing was carried out in the UK. We took all our catalogue data from Opel who would have established the data at the Dudenhofen Proving Ground. And of course, the benchmeark would not have been 0-60 mph but 0 to 100 kph (62 mph). I am guessing, but I would be sure that the figures were obtained on an external test track with just the driver on board and low fuelling. I would also guess that the spare wheel would be on board as it was part of the standard equipment like the ICE etc. However, if a space saver was listed as an option that would be selected as a lower weight item.

I'm sorry this isn't more helpful.

Kind regards

Ian

...were they all aubergine?  :-\ ;D

So. 1 driver, low fuel, spare included (I never took it out!). This means that the timing for my car (when I take out my extra love handles) is bang on around the 9.2 second mark.

Obviously ian mentions that it would have been done as 0-100kph but the figures we've got are 0-60 and all I wanted to do was check testing conditions.

So. confirmation that my old banger does exactly what its meant to! nothing more, nothing less :y :y :y :y :y

now..... off to look in to super chips remaps  ::) ;D

RIP Paul Lovejoy

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 29 August 2015, 21:47:18 »

I
Don't
Want
To
Live
On
This
Planet
Anymore
 ;D
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 29 August 2015, 22:07:16 »

Stephen

The Omega is dear to my heart as it was the first Vauxhall I was responsible for launching in the UK as newly promoted Executive Director of Sales and Marketing. In those Manufacturing led days, the fact that all the launch cars were that peculiar aubergine colour rather took the shine of it however!

I have no personal knowledge of how the cars were tested. However, I can confirm that no performance testing was carried out in the UK. We took all our catalogue data from Opel who would have established the data at the Dudenhofen Proving Ground. And of course, the benchmeark would not have been 0-60 mph but 0 to 100 kph (62 mph). I am guessing, but I would be sure that the figures were obtained on an external test track with just the driver on board and low fuelling. I would also guess that the spare wheel would be on board as it was part of the standard equipment like the ICE etc. However, if a space saver was listed as an option that would be selected as a lower weight item.

Kind regards

Ian

So. 1 driver, low fuel, spare included (I never took it out!). This means that the timing for my car (when I take out my extra love handles) is bang on around the 9.2 second mark.

Obviously ian mentions that it would have been done as 0-100kph but the figures we've got are 0-60 and all I wanted to do was check testing conditions.

So. confirmation that my old banger does exactly what its meant to! nothing more, nothing less :y :y :y :y :y

This will make next to SFA difference as the Omega is NA. :(

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 29 August 2015, 22:10:33 »

Stephen

Kind regards

Ian

This will make next to SFA difference as the Omega is NA. :(

Maybe, but I wont know 'til I try it  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 29 August 2015, 22:10:52 »

I
Don't
Want
To
Live
On
This
Planet
Anymore
 ;D

So rude  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 29 August 2015, 22:30:35 »

Webster, I know these guys are a bit annoying, but I find them entertaining at the same time.

Worth a watch?

https://youtu.be/VGtImIP6j3A

Don't blame me if you watch loads of their video's..... I have - Some are funny as f, others..... not so.  ;D
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 29 August 2015, 23:03:49 »

Webster, I know these guys are a bit annoying, but I find them entertaining at the same time.

Worth a watch?

https://youtu.be/VGtImIP6j3A

Don't blame me if you watch loads of their video's..... I have - Some are funny as f, others..... not so.  ;D

Interesting watch, Looks similar to this one LINK for the Omega apparently. Wonder if this box has a red and green LED  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 30 August 2015, 08:49:46 »

Is the next thread young bear 'how close to GM's top speed can an omega get' :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 30 August 2015, 12:16:55 »

lol I have seen the performance chips episode. I like MCM.

the thing is in that episode they bought a $20 chip from ebay that had nothing in it so would that be different to the superchips?

anyway, really not bothered. I got what I wanted. and hopefully this thread will help others wanting to do their 0-60

:y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 31 August 2015, 12:18:51 »

I think my 2.6 auto was a pretty healthy example of the marque. ........with a best of zero to sixty in 8.68 seconds in 137.60 metres.
So the 2.5 should be a shade quicker, as no compromised by the design decisions on the later engines (performance wise, around the CR)

Not sure why the 2.5 would be quicker than the 2.6......... the 2.5 has a book time of 9.2 to 9.5 seconds. the 2.6 has a book time of 8.2 seconds.
Completely ignore the book times, as we have all said several times before.

The 2.5 can easily beat 9.5s, and a standard 2.6 auto will never hit 8.2s.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.