Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3087379 times)

omega3000

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #6645 on: 01 January 2014, 17:28:51 »

Started it after 5 days .... chugga chug chug  :o

martin42

« Reply #6646 on: 01 January 2014, 17:56:23 »

Damp coil pack

chrisgixer

« Reply #6647 on: 01 January 2014, 18:01:09 »

Started it after 5 days .... chugga chug chug  :o

Leaking scuttle

omega3000

« Reply #6648 on: 01 January 2014, 18:07:12 »

It cleared after a few seconds  :D Maybe it didnt like me taking the tax disc out  :-\ Scuttle is dry chris , after 4 omegas ive found a dry foamy one  ;D

MR MISTER

« Reply #6649 on: 01 January 2014, 18:17:20 »

SC5s. Good fooking riddance

Thought you where saving those for the airfield do. ;D

...of all the things to survive the fire. ::)

...and what to fit next, btw?
That's another (long, boring) thread, surely?

chrisgixer

« Reply #6650 on: 01 January 2014, 18:22:09 »

It cleared after a few seconds  :D Maybe it didnt like me taking the tax disc out  :-\ Scuttle is dry chris , after 4 omegas ive found a dry foamy one  ;D
Oh good, but something's not right. Worth a look to catch it early :)

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: 03 January 2014, 10:16:59 »

Topped up oil and washer fluid, wonder where all the oil goes, engine is bone dry but still a half a litre per 1000 kilometers... And, finally got the "new" drivers airbag squib home and installed, no more airbag light glowing to my face every morning and evening :y

Also fitted "new" rear view mirror with auto-dim, wiring still to tackle.

Still need to find cheap (= waiting for someone to almost give it to me for free) CID + NCDC2015  ::) And electric front seats. And self-levelling. And rain sensor. Then it would have all the goodies ever available... I think...  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #6652 on: 03 January 2014, 10:25:52 »

Half a litre every 1000k is half the amount that VW think is acceptable :-X

What mileage/kms on the engine?

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: 03 January 2014, 11:44:45 »

Less than a quarter of a million kilometers on the odometer so should not be that badly worn, regularly serviced etc. Although being one of the very last 2,6 engined cars it does sometimes blow some blue smoke on cold start as do the early ones with stem seal issues... But still, it uses even more oil than my previous 2,6 car which indeed suffered the stem seal leak... Well, it's only oil and GM 5W-30 is cheap enough so not too much an issue, just annoying. And, I can prolong the change interval due this "automatic" change  ::) :o :y :-X

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: 03 January 2014, 12:09:42 »

Less than a quarter of a million kilometers on the odometer so should not be that badly worn, regularly serviced etc. Although being one of the very last 2,6 engined cars it does sometimes blow some blue smoke on cold start as do the early ones with stem seal issues... But still, it uses even more oil than my previous 2,6 car which indeed suffered the stem seal leak... Well, it's only oil and GM 5W-30 is cheap enough so not too much an issue, just annoying. And, I can prolong the change interval due this "automatic" change  ::) :o :y :-X

;D Automaitc change  :y yes if I count well you will change 5 ltr of oil during a 10000km oil change period. ;)  :-X
C20NE - X25XE

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: 03 January 2014, 12:29:03 »

;D Automaitc change  :y yes if I count well you will change 5 ltr of oil during a 10000km oil change period. ;)  :-X

Exactly  ::) Still have to figure out how to have automatic change for filter also  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #6656 on: 03 January 2014, 12:43:10 »

Exactly  ::) Still have to figure out how to have automatic change for filter also  :y
That's easy, change the filter every ten top ups ;D

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: 03 January 2014, 12:50:24 »

That's easy, change the filter every ten top ups ;D

Naah, I need to have something fully automized as the oil change is  :y

Coming to think of it, the oil consumption is not that bad as I wrote originally.. I have now driven 10 000 km since the last oil change and perhaps maximum of two litres added. But still... I used to have Toyota Carina II which I had from new and drove it some 350 000 km until it was sold and never ever had to add oil. Nor coolant. Nor anything else, just normal services and wear parts. I miss those days...

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6658 on: 03 January 2014, 19:01:34 »

Got the V6 out of the garage after 10 days off, started first time & ran like a dream , I love this car.

Dan282

• Stoke on trent
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: 03 January 2014, 19:49:03 »

Did a 400 miles round trip seeing family. Didn't miss a beat and averaged 31 mpg 3 up with luggage. In dire need to a clean now.  :)

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.