Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on this rare estate  (Read 7817 times)

STEMO

Re: Thoughts on this rare estate
« Reply #30 on: 04 November 2015, 19:36:29 »

Well if you want Curry that much  :D

I do need work doing on the 3.2 now, which is:

- Replacement of faulty/dead lifter, I already have a bag of new ones. Kindly donated by Mr MasterDTM.  :)  :y
- New Cambelt, which I already have too! It's a 3.0 one, but Master says the back plate can be switched over.  :-\

I don't have a locking kit, plus I'm not too confident to strip down as far as the cams and remove them.

I need to my belt (it's overdue)  and I have the kit,  plus a teeny bit of experience changing them  :)

Let's find a suitable date to do them. . If we work side by side it'll go quick.
Cambelt party! Yeeeeaaaaaa  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #31 on: 04 November 2015, 20:01:48 »

Also due on the black one... needs an MoT first  ::) have locking kit here, and space, some covered... not to mention bacon butties and a curry house five minutes away ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 November 2015, 20:20:38 »

- Replacement of faulty/dead lifter, I already have a bag of new ones. Kindly donated by Mr MasterDTM.  :)  :y
- New Cambelt, which I already have too! It's a 3.0 one, but Master says the back plate can be switched over.  :-\

I don't have a locking kit, plus I'm not too confident to strip down as far as the cams and remove them.

If you have any spare ones left tunnie , wouldnt mind a few as mine is going to need doing at some point  :( Dont mind paying for them , or are you replacing the whole lot ?
Think im going to bite the bullet and keep this car what with all thats been spent on it  ::)
Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 November 2015, 20:28:33 »

If you have any spare ones left tunnie , wouldnt mind a few as mine is going to need doing at some point  :( Dont mind paying for them , or are you replacing the whole lot ?
Think im going to bite the bullet and keep this car what with all thats been spent on it  ::)
Think there around a tenner each EMD... Are you sure on which bank yours is on yet... Is it at its worst at cold startup like mine

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 November 2015, 20:39:41 »

Think there around a tenner each EMD... Are you sure on which bank yours is on yet... Is it at its worst at cold startup like mine

Noise dont go away at all and its on the driver's side  :( I think while its apart is either clean and check all lifters or replace them all  :(

I take it im not the only one with a ticking lifter  :-\
« Last Edit: 04 November 2015, 20:42:46 by EMD »
Omegatitis

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 November 2015, 20:50:43 »

Noise dont go away at all and its on the driver's side  :( I think while its apart is either clean and check all lifters or replace them all  :(

Me too ..Think same side...i decided drivers side too ..Started up from cold and lifted bonnet and decided drivers side..I then removed oil filler cap and the noise didn't rise,

Think if it was stripped down on a stone cold engine a push on the lifter with a bit of wood, Would show which one...I hope  :-\
« Last Edit: 04 November 2015, 20:54:08 by BIGtime »

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 November 2015, 20:55:49 »

Its a lot of work but like i said to you it will be satisfying not to hear that pesky noise all the time . Its never a reassuring noise to a buyer if you ever come to sell the car on either .
Omegatitis

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 November 2015, 20:56:30 »

Me too ..Think same side...i decided drivers side too ..Started up from cold and lifted bonnet and decided drivers side..I then removed oil filler cap and the noise didn't rise,

Think if it was stripped down on a stone cold engine a push on the lifter with a bit of wood, Would show which one...I hope  :-\

:y

One of these should do  ;D

« Last Edit: 04 November 2015, 21:07:26 by EMD »
Omegatitis

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 November 2015, 21:25:58 »

I need to my belt (it's overdue)  and I have the kit,  plus a teeny bit of experience changing them  :)

Let's find a suitable date to do them. . If we work side by side it'll go quick.

Sounds like a plan is appearing  :) You be ok with changing the lifters too?

I'm fairly free from now until Christmas, most weekends are available.  :y

Can fit three cars outside here on the drive at a push, although only one in front of the garage. I will probably trial cam cover gaskets Dbug has used, due to costs, as the millage on the 3.2 is very low at the moment.

I'd stock up the beer/drinks fridge in the garage  :D

I was advised to change the whole lot, I recall Master saying he thought it was one on passenger bank maybe.  :-\

Best solution would be for me to swap all of mine out, then test them to find the faulty one. Then know rest are good.  :)

Once I've sorted mine, you are welcome to mine for free. Could sort some OOF postage out  :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 November 2015, 21:36:02 »

Nice one mate , so your not going to just single out the duff one/s with the wooden stick method then replace . Guess i'd replace them all if i had all new ones though  :y
Omegatitis

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 November 2015, 21:47:46 »

Guess I could, not sure on best way to test while they are in  :-\

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 November 2015, 22:01:44 »

Guess I could, not sure on best way to test while they are in  :-\
http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=131643.0

24 of the little bleeders

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 November 2015, 22:27:10 »

Lifters means cam covers off and cams plus proper refitting with the correct sealants. Shouldn't be an issue if we get started early enough.

:y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 November 2015, 22:28:30 »

Also due on the black one... needs an MoT first  ::) have locking kit here, and space, some covered... not to mention bacon butties and a curry house five minutes away ;)

Shame you're not a little closer :)

05omegav6

« Reply #44 on: 04 November 2015, 22:29:49 »

The Leaf would get here and back on a single charge ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.