Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "My Naff Code Reader" Key FOB  (Read 4313 times)

WHITE OMEGA

• Damascus-Syria
    • Opel Omega 2.2 2002
    • View Profile
"My Naff Code Reader" Key FOB
« on: 05 April 2024, 15:25:10 »

Dear All
Good Day ..am always thankful for the information on the forum.

I have some new questions

1 - what is the best "My Naff Code Reader" version for a 3.2 elite . in some websites i red that some versions can’t  read the security code.
ALIEXPRESS offers many options.   Has anyone tried any version...Help

2 - the key FOB don’t work anymore and I couldn’t find a used replacement (my omega has the security option) , again my only option is AliExpress which has more than ten options. Has anyone tried any one.

thank you all

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: \
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2024, 12:02:13 »

We don't, for a variety of reasons, allow discussions about cheap chinese knock-offs of commercial stuff.  There are plenty of sites who will talk about that code reader, of which any of them will do for an Omega due to its age (just don't be tempted to use later software, and keep well away from anything other than code reading and live data if you don't want to brick ECUs).

Fobs - whats wrong with yours.  Any replacements will need programming to the car (of which that code reader isn't that suitable for - I've made a small fortune from people who have buggered up ECUs using that code reader for programming)., so its usually best to repair what you have.

If its a 3 button fob, the usual issues are the switches (about 20p each, easy to change, but does need a fine soldering iron), or the battery holder. Worth reshelling the fob.

If it s 2 button, the usual issue is the battery holder.

Battery Holder - I always remove, extend the broken leg with a bit of resistor leg (any fine stuff wire will do), then refit, giving the holder extra mechanical strength with a hot glue.

There are plenty of incompatible options for these fobs, you really need to get a part number from EPC with VIN filtering enabled, as (esp with facelift), its not just a case of if it has central locking or Alarm.
Grumpy old man

WHITE OMEGA

• Damascus-Syria
    • Opel Omega 2.2 2002
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2024, 09:04:11 »

Dear Sir.
thank you for your response, and helpful information.
as for the key fob, I accidentally washed the only key that I have in the washing machine, and tried everything to make it work again but no luck. by the way I have an access to a Tech2.
I have an astra G as well and I found a used key from the used parts store which I managed with some help to reprogram it, the problem with the omega is a little bit difficult. it seems there is 2 kinds of the three buttons remote one with a white battery holder (which is available but I couldn’t program it to the car) and the other type comes with a black battery holder (which is the one that I need according to the mechanic, and it’s not available) the original one is black battery holder,

Thank you again

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: \
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2024, 13:27:53 »

The colour of the battery holder makes no difference, the 2 different manufacturers tend to all use black, but I have seen some semi transparent ones.  IIRC, there are 4 different kinds of 3 button ones, all incompatible with each other yet look identical - thats why you need to go by the part number from EPC with VIN filtering enabled.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.