Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Antifreez coolant question  (Read 3097 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Antifreez coolant question
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2020, 11:21:49 »

I've just used Forte coolant flush with great success!  :y

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2020, 11:22:04 »

I standardised all my cars on Prestone yellow, after Ford gave me some yellow stuff (which I paid over the odds for trying to get the exact red Ford coolant). I've used it in GM, Ford and BMW cars.

https://www.holtsauto.com/prestone/products/coolant-antifreeze-ready-use/#:~:text=Prestone%20Coolant%20is%20the%20number,Add%20to%20any%20coolant%2Fantifreeze

I've drained it out of one or two cars after a few years for maintenance like water pump changes and it still looked good. No sign of sludge or anything. I do mix it with distilled water though.

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2020, 11:33:11 »

I standardised all my cars on Prestone yellow, after Ford gave me some yellow stuff (which I paid over the odds for trying to get the exact red Ford coolant). I've used it in GM, Ford and BMW cars.

https://www.holtsauto.com/prestone/products/coolant-antifreeze-ready-use/#:~:text=Prestone%20Coolant%20is%20the%20number,Add%20to%20any%20coolant%2Fantifreeze

I've drained it out of one or two cars after a few years for maintenance like water pump changes and it still looked good. No sign of sludge or anything. I do mix it with distilled water though.
Just ordered a litre of that from Amazon for £6  :y

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2020, 09:02:58 »

That Prestone coolant. Is it yellow or clear coolant in the container?

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2020, 09:29:04 »

The coolant is a yellowy green colour.

You can buy it pre-diluted or neat. I think I've seen it in Asda. I buy the neat stuff from Costco.

When you first drain the old coolant, even with a flush, some of the old stuff remains in the block so I have a slight blue tinge in one car and a slight pink tinge in another!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.