Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: door not unlock  (Read 1823 times)

martin42

Re: door not unlock
« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2014, 20:04:05 »

Umm but i could rip door off tho using the frontera,but thats going to be messy  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 08 June 2014, 20:07:25 »

There is a way, but, in no particular order...

1. I cannot guarantee it will work.
2. you may still need to break summat.
3. Reluctant to share as it exposes a gaping vulnerability in the design.

:-\

If you double lock the car, then unlock it with the key does the pin move, or is the lock stiff :-\
If the lock is stiff, use more force on the key, ie turn it until it stops, then turn it some more...

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 June 2014, 20:08:15 »

I'll pass on that one thanks ... bit cold without a door on pity its not the pasenger door I would take u up on the offer that way when the girlfried is having ago I could push her out lol  ;D

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 June 2014, 20:09:47 »

There is a way, but, in no particular order...

1. I cannot guarantee it will work.
2. you may still need to break summat.
3. Reluctant to share as it exposes a gaping vulnerability in the design.

:-\

If you double lock the car, then unlock it with the key does the pin move, or is the lock stiff :-\
If the lock is stiff, use more force on the key, ie turn it until it stops, then turn it some more...

Yes if I use the key the door pin still moves up and down but still not release the door lock .

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 June 2014, 20:14:29 »

Just been out and tryed with the key again turnrd and a little bit more the door still not open ... also I have noticed that when I lock it with remote it locks sll doors but when I press it again to dead lock the doors nothing works

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 08 June 2014, 20:19:10 »

To remove the door card violently,  close the window, open the cubby hole, remove the trim by the latch and remove the screw behind it. Then remove the window switch, the triangular plate at the front of the window, the tweeter cover and interior relase handle trim, including any screws you find there, (two Iiirc)and the lock pin, (this is removed by carefully prizing out the red tab, then lifting the pin out).
Next pry the door card away from the bottom edge of the window, this will break the plastic clamping strip.
Make sure the seat is in its lowest/rearmost position, with the backrest angled imnto the back away from the B post.

Having freed the top of the door card and removed all the screws you can, ie 3, pull the door card into the car from the top rear corner. There are two screws in the rear edge, that you need to tear the door card away from. Aim to fold the top corner under the steering wheel. This should give you working space to see what is what :y

I should add, for the sake of clarity, this is the most foolproof way of doing it, and most definitely not the way that I was referring to :y
« Last Edit: 08 June 2014, 20:21:49 by Taxi Al »

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 June 2014, 20:40:36 »

Thanks I knew I would have to break it and buy a new one. Once I strip it down hopefully I can get the door to open . I.ll shall keep u posted .
Best thing about it I been using it all week and no problems .

mick-1975

• nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 June 2014, 17:08:30 »

UPDATE ON DOOR LOCK
After a nice day in the sun missing the rainy showers I managed to rip the door panel off and with a screwdriver I managed to prize the catch down that the handle moves anx yhe door opened. After looking at it I noticed that the lugthat the handle moves keeps missing it when I lock the doors . I managed to prize the lugs out to catch the handle rod but still no joy . Going to just replace it tomorrow and get 2 door panels hopefully then all be done .
Yhanks for the replys

05omegav6

« Reply #23 on: 09 June 2014, 22:12:30 »

Nice one :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 June 2014, 23:20:18 »

Well done...where there is a will there is a way.. :y :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.