Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOL you gotta bloody laugh !!  (Read 2000 times)

mar892ree

• Northampton
  • if it dont undo, hit it wiv an hammer
    • View Profile
LOL you gotta bloody laugh !!
« on: 14 December 2006, 22:27:46 »

Some time ago i explained that some idiot reversed in to me whilst i was in a cue for petrol at Tesco's !
Well i didnt want to involve my insurance ( as policy was due for renewal) and have at last manged ( today) to get a booking made in a bodyshop to have repairs ! ( all paid for by other parties insurance)

On the way home from the bodyshop, and some $$&&*(^%$$££££"""er hit me in the rear LLOLLL, only scuffing and paint loos to rear bumper, but can you beleive it !!!  LLOLL why me !!!!

Mind you i had to laugh, bloke that swiped me was looking at me funny cos i was laughing !!!

Looking for a driver side shunt next ---- any takers , then near side , and that will be a complete respray then  LOLL

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: LOL you gotta bloody laugh !!
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2006, 22:29:49 »

well look on the bright side, this time next year should have a fresh coat of paint all over  :D

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2006, 22:33:37 »

Well yea thats true, i ma getting a new bonnet and front bumper for the Tesco accident ! plus front of car mostly resprayed, which get rid of all the stone chips  LLOLL

Hopefuly now, a nice new rear bumper, or at least a nice fresh paint job !!!

Wheyyyyyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy LOVE IT !!! :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 December 2006, 22:35:24 »

Well yea thats true, i ma getting a new bonnet and front bumper for the Tesco accident ! plus front of car mostly resprayed, which get rid of all the stone chips  LLOLL

Hopefuly now, a nice new rear bumper, or at least a nice fresh paint job !!!

Wheyyyyyyyyyyyyy heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy LOVE IT !!! :y

Excellent!  :y

My bodywork is generally in great condition apart from the bumper and bonnet which have about a billion stone chips! Maybe i should drive around northampton more, get someone to back into me  :)

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2006, 22:40:58 »

Yea its Mad Max city around here mate !

Not sleepy Brackley  LLOLL

Spend a day in Northampton, and get your car wrecked  LLOLLL !!!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2006, 23:01:41 »

I think it very decent of you not to be making his insurance pay for next years holiday (whiplash claim) as most people do these days ;)
Retired

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 December 2006, 23:05:45 »

LLOLLLL theres always the temptation, but i would have a hard job explaining a broken neck, two busted knees and multiple glass related injuires with a 3 MPH shunt  LLOLLL

I'm damged phycologically though ! I'm that nervous now, i cent evenen spull corrittly  LLOLL
I get all me worms fuddled !!!!

COMPENSATION !!!!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 December 2006, 23:06:24 »

Thanks for the advice, sorry it had to be at your expense though :'(...I will now be avoiding Northampton :y ;D

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 December 2006, 23:37:49 »

LLOLLLL theres always the temptation, but i would have a hard job explaining a broken neck, two busted knees and multiple glass related injuires with a 3 MPH shunt  LLOLLL

I'm damged phycologically though ! I'm that nervous now, i cent evenen spull corrittly  LLOLL
I get all me worms fuddled !!!!

COMPENSATION !!!!

Phone one of these dodgy firms of the TV and they'll add dislexia to your claim too.   Check your exhaust wasn't damaged by the rear shunt - it may not be obvious at first glance  ;) Tough break.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 December 2006, 01:21:44 »

Good that you can laugh about it, I'd be fuming.....
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 December 2006, 15:00:11 »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh i had to laugh i really did !
Bloke that hit me thought i was mad, as i was smiling while he was writing out his details !!

I really still cant beleive i've been hit front and back in the space of a month !

Might start driving Centurian tanks next, at least it wont get dented !!!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 December 2006, 20:39:30 »

Bloke that hit me thought i was mad, as i was smiling while he was writing out his details !!

I really still cant beleive i've been hit front and back in the space of a month !

You could fit a towbar - I totalled the last car that rammed me and I came away with a few light scuffs. Still bloody annoying though.  :-/
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Martin_1962

« Reply #12 on: 16 December 2006, 20:25:36 »

You could fit a towbar - I totalled the last car that rammed me and I came away with a few light scuffs. Still bloody annoying though.  :-/

Hmm reverse into Rover 200 - £500 of damage, on my car the bracket for 12N & 12S was bent

That was 3 years ago now

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 December 2006, 20:58:39 »

A wee tale to possibly cheer you up, as if you needed cheering any further, mar892ree.   ;D

Once upon a time I bought a 4 month old Astra 1800 SRi with less than 3000 miles on the clock which had been romped up the rear and written off by the Insurance.  I also bought a brand new shell ex-Vauxhall and put the car back together again with a bit 20 minutes work......  To repair such things back in the '80's was so much easier and bereft of the amount of paper that surrounds these things now.

My brother and I (he was the paint sprayer) put it all back together and to say it was bonny when done is a gross understatement.  It was the nice creamy white colour with red coachlines and trim.

I took it for a test drive back to the house from the workshop, intending to proudly show our new car to the wife and young family.

Sitting at a right turn in a 60 limit awaiting the road to clear from oncoming traffic, the car was again romped in the rear by another car.  It promptly put the rear bumper against the rear of the front seats and gave me a 4 figure whiplash claim.  The car was again repaired (by the insurance) with another brand new shell and components!!

I could only laugh at the irony of the whole affair, perhaps a bit like yourself.  All said and done, cars are just (expensive) bits of tin and relatively straightforward, though inconvenient, to replace.  Blood and bones is a tad more difficult!!

B
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.