Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chrysler Cruiser  (Read 938 times)

HolyCount

Chrysler Cruiser
« on: 14 September 2009, 22:37:03 »

Why are the Cruisers so cheap ? Been looking for a "different" ( but not too outlandish ) car to signwrite for the web site. Suddenly thought of the cruiser as a candidate --- but what is inherently wrong with them ?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Chrysler Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2009, 22:41:57 »

Drove one a coupole of years back and it was great. Until it started moving. :-X

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Ziad

• Omega Knight
  • Bahrain
  • They say money talks,but all mine says is Goodbye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2009, 01:51:28 »

Drove one a coupole of years back and it was great. Until it started moving. :-X

Kevin

Agreed. it's a crap car according to a friend who owned one of them!  dont buy one if you dont want your pennies to run away quicker than you can count them  :D :o

Apparently it's got some engine probs ...
« Last Edit: 15 September 2009, 01:55:14 by ziad »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2009, 08:04:21 »

To elaborate a bit, the engine was rather rough, and the handling made me think they've just taken a US spec car and decided to sell it in the UK.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2009, 10:18:02 »

My dad looked at one not long after they came out, they were quite the in thing then.

Went to the dealer, they had a smart black one in the showroom, went in sat in it and walked straight out. They are pure cr*p on the inside. Cheap plastics, switches that seem to have been thrown towards the dash and fitted where they landed and not particuarly big either. The engines wouldn't be out of place in a 1974 Morris Marina as well.

Might be good as a sign written car though, at least they turn heads better than most other things.

HolyCount

« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2009, 14:03:32 »

My dad looked at one not long after they came out, they were quite the in thing then.

Went to the dealer, they had a smart black one in the showroom, went in sat in it and walked straight out. They are pure cr*p on the inside. Cheap plastics, switches that seem to have been thrown towards the dash and fitted where they landed and not particuarly big either. The engines wouldn't be out of place in a 1974 Morris Marina as well.

Might be good as a sign written car though, at least they turn heads better than most other things.

That's what I thought --- re-thinking now though -- things still got to run to be seen !!!

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2009, 14:27:57 »

My missus says they look like a hearse from the back, but so does my black TD estate.

Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.