Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: drove an 07 beemer today  (Read 1083 times)

feeutfo

drove an 07 beemer today
« on: 15 September 2009, 19:14:48 »

07 Bmw 520d estate. Nice car, engine pulls ok. But it sounds crap. Like a cheap french lump but its only a 4pot. And the stearing pulls on uneven surfaces. Wouldn be happy with that if it was mine. Goodyear tyres.

Loads of toys, tv picture is very good. :-) dvd, terwat nav,  bluetooth phone, i drive over complex imho. But its all there. Some very neat touches. Indicators self cancel silently without necessarily turning the wheel back to centre. How does it know? Doors close very softly and quietly. Boot space cover flips up when you open the tail gate, but rattles when you close it, and if you dont close it you cant see out the back. Parking sensors all round with zone display is very accurate. The sort of car you can own for a year and still find little tricks you didnt know it did.

Very nice car, but not with that lump. Erryuk. Only a short spin in it. Oh and its rear wheel drive.

But for over 35k it bloody wants to be nice. Feeeck me.

Whats the Insignia go for?

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: drove an 07 beemer today
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2009, 19:21:13 »

dads got a 57 Facelift 520D SE 177Bhp he's impressed with it for his first BMW

ive driven it and the little 4 pot has bags n bags of low down tourqe but it runs out of steam at around 3.5k - 4k rpm which is a shame!

the 535D Mr Lovett originally had that me & dad went for a test drive in was an absolute monster!

cant knock the baby 4 pot though its got cheap tax dads consistantly returns 50+ mpg in a 1700kg car!
« Last Edit: 15 September 2009, 19:22:25 by tmx »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2009, 20:04:48 »

must say i really do fancy a 530d with the sport pack

Stevie-blunder

• Omega Knight
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2009, 21:26:08 »

Nice car, friend has one  :) :) :y

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2009, 21:35:16 »

07 Bmw 520d estate. Nice car, engine pulls ok. But it sounds crap. Like a cheap french lump but its only a 4pot. And the stearing pulls on uneven surfaces. Wouldn be happy with that if it was mine. Goodyear tyres.

Loads of toys, tv picture is very good. :-) dvd, terwat nav,  bluetooth phone, i drive over complex imho. But its all there. Some very neat touches. Indicators self cancel silently without necessarily turning the wheel back to centre. How does it know? Doors close very softly and quietly. Boot space cover flips up when you open the tail gate, but rattles when you close it, and if you dont close it you cant see out the back. Parking sensors all round with zone display is very accurate. The sort of car you can own for a year and still find little tricks you didnt know it did.

Very nice car, but not with that lump. Erryuk. Only a short spin in it. Oh and its rear wheel drive.

The E60 BMW come with them run flat tyres that cost the earth to buy when you need new ones :o
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.

feeutfo

« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2009, 21:36:17 »

for the money, omega aaaaall day long. Even if i had the money in the first place.

He bought it new. God knows what its worth today. Bit dim imho.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2009, 21:42:05 »

for 5 series if you want performance and diesel economy 530d is optimum..

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2009, 22:04:20 »

I'd love one, but not sure i could justify the cost of one when an Omega is a fraction of the cost, just as good on the motorway, but not as fast or economical  ::)

Sure it will eat more fuel but the payments back on a big diesel would cancel out the savings.  :-/

mantahatch

« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2009, 23:00:57 »

Is this the same system fitted to Astra's and some Vectra's that most people moaned about ? I suppose it will be fine on a bmw as it won't get used anyway. Plus people will like the idea now bmw have got it fitted.  ::)

feeutfo

« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2009, 00:18:43 »

My neighbours 02(?) 530d e39 straight 6 makes the 520d 4pot look and sound very poor indeed. Although i think e39 is chipped as well. Sounds more like a jet than a diesel, esp with the turbo whistle. So much more refined.

feeutfo

« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2009, 00:23:37 »

Is this the same system fitted to Astra's and some Vectra's that most people moaned about ? I suppose it will be fine on a bmw as it won't get used anyway. Plus people will like the idea now bmw have got it fitted.  ::)

Dont know, but i was fully expecting agro after it fudled Clarckson on top gear. Behaved perfectly.

mantahatch

« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2009, 07:43:47 »

Dont know, but i was fully expecting agro after it fudled Clarckson on top gear. Behaved perfectly.

I no what you mean, wife's Astra has it, and she has no problem at all with it, and if I drive her car it takes about 30 seconds to no how to use it properly. It is things like this that stop me watching clarkson, the rest are ok but he is just a moaning minnie, unless it is a merc or something with price tag of over 100k.

lozzy

• Irmscher UK Sales and Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2009, 08:48:45 »

i really do liek this shape 5 series id like a 525 or 530d will be perfect for motorway cruising for me and probelry better than my audi on fuel too i think il wait see what the next year brings
Irmscher UK Sales and Support

1 Omega Estate 100 speakers :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.