Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: !0.000 Jobs to go at BT!!  (Read 1299 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: !0.000 Jobs to go at BT!!
« Reply #15 on: 13 November 2008, 20:57:49 »

Like I said months back, this is only the thin end of the wedge. Brace yourself for far worse. It is all a pack of cards just waiting..........

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 November 2008, 22:40:35 »

media blown it out of proportion.  For the last few months, most people who wanted to leave would have been offered redundancy.  Nobody in the office today seemed worried (although I no longer work for BT, I am still based in a BT building).
Grumpy old man

Nickbat

« Reply #17 on: 13 November 2008, 23:24:56 »

media blown it out of proportion.  For the last few months, most people who wanted to leave would have been offered redundancy.  Nobody in the office today seemed worried (although I no longer work for BT, I am still based in a BT building).

TB's absolutely right. The reason why this is as "bad" as it is, and perhaps why it will be as "terrible" as suggested is purely down to the media...and dopes like Mervyn King.

The more you drone on about the recession and the possible depression, so your words become a self-fulfilling prophecy as more people start worrying about the future and rein in their spending. Thus businesses make less money, people get laid off, and so less people have wages, more headlines hit the papers, and so spending then contracts further, and so on.

From an economic science point of view, the way out of the recession is easy. Just increase the velocity of money in the system (i.e. get people/companies to spend again). Unfortunately, despite the science, humans are like sheep and will follow each other round in circles. The BBC, and other media, meanwhile will continue to spout out the doom stories.

This whole "crisis" is emotional. Until people in the government and media start talking things up again, it can only get worse.  :(      

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14 November 2008, 06:37:44 »

Customer service won't affect me as my services from BT cease at 12.01am on 2nd December.  :y

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 14 November 2008, 11:44:58 »

Customer service won't affect me as my services from BT cease at 12.01am on 2nd December.  :y

unless you have moved to a cable supplier then you will still be using BT! BT's Exchange to give you dialtone & BT's Copper cable to bring the service to your house! & perhaps even BT's DSLAM unless its LLU.

Joblosses at BT was aload of nonsense! media are full of rubbish and i think they should be forced to appologise for blowing this out of proportion! 10,000 jobs to go at BT they said on R4! well its not as i said its 4,000 directly employed staff! and to put this into perspective 7,000 people left BT last year under Retirement & Voluntary Redundancy!
« Last Edit: 14 November 2008, 11:45:27 by tmx »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #20 on: 14 November 2008, 12:13:47 »

TB's absolutely right. The reason why this is as "bad" as it is, and perhaps why it will be as "terrible" as suggested is purely down to the media...and dopes like Mervyn King.

The more you drone on about the recession and the possible depression, so your words become a self-fulfilling prophecy as more people start worrying about the future and rein in their spending. Thus businesses make less money, people get laid off, and so less people have wages, more headlines hit the papers, and so spending then contracts further, and so on.

From an economic science point of view, the way out of the recession is easy. Just increase the velocity of money in the system (i.e. get people/companies to spend again). Unfortunately, despite the science, humans are like sheep and will follow each other round in circles. The BBC, and other media, meanwhile will continue to spout out the doom stories.

This whole "crisis" is emotional. Until people in the government and media start talking things up again, it can only get worse.  :(      

yep..the money cycle must increase speed..but also for short period of time take the risk of inflation and print money to start the river flowing..
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.