Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance merry go round  (Read 3219 times)

STEMO

Car insurance merry go round
« on: 01 March 2017, 11:35:16 »

My renewal quote from Aviva last year was about £550. That's for two cars with two drivers each. I thought I would be crafty and went online to Avivas website and got a quote for the same insurance as a new customer, that came back at about £400 so I bought it. After the policy renewed Aviva were asking me for proof of NCD, so I rang them and told them they already had it as my old policy was with them. The young lady seemed a bit confused but checked and, of course, it was there. I couldn't understand how they wouldn't realise what customers were doing, but hey ho.
Anyhows, same dance this year. Renewal due in April so I went online as a new customer and got a quote of.............£815! Shit! So I rang LV last night and, as they don't cover two cars with a single policy, got two separate quotes......£260 and £210, making a total of £470. I think that's the direction I'll be going in when I get my renewal notice.

While I was on the phone to LV, I also asked for a home insurance quote as that's due at the same time. £170 cheaper than Aviva. So it looks like they'll be losing that one as well.

*Please don't comment on how much cheaper your insurance is, that's not the point. We all use our cars for different purposes and we certainly all have different postcodes.

2boxerdogs

Re: Car insurance merry go round
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2017, 11:40:12 »

Been with LV for years ever since joining the civil service as they give us special deals, always found them excellent.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2017, 11:57:27 »

Multi-car deals are rarely good. We insure all cars separately.

£324 for the Jag and about half that for the Signum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2017, 12:01:01 »

Been with LV for years ever since joining the civil service as they give us special deals, always found them excellent.
:y

Just moved from Policy Expert to LV for house and contents insurance. :y

I rarely stay with any insurer for more than two years because by this time they are staring to 'load' the premium.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2017, 12:05:45 »

Insurers love two types of customers.

1. Lazy bastards who can't be arsed to look for the best deal.

2. Wealthy bastards who  pay whatever they are asked. I very much doubt that Wayne Rooney shops around for the best deal on his Aston, Bentley, Bugatti,.....etc..etc. Even in the quote comes to £50,000 it's less than he earns in a day.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2017, 12:19:22 »

Personally I won't use LV ever again after they sold my details having written off my car for three stonechips >:(

Can't prove it, but 40 months later, I am still receiving unsolicited calls telling me that I must have been injured because the car was written off >:(
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2017, 12:22:32 »

Personally I won't use LV ever again after they sold my details having written off my car for three stonechips >:(

Can't prove it, but 40 months later, I am still receiving unsolicited calls telling me that I must have been injured because the car was written off >:(
I think you'll find that most of them do that. They won't tell you anything because of 'the data protection act', but they merrily sell your details to anyone willing to pay.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2017, 14:42:54 »

Yep I still get calls after a motorbike accident I had in 2009!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2017, 14:56:04 »

Only ever been called once probably 4 or 5 years ago, when I asked for the registration number of the vehicle alleged to have been involved in an accident they hung up. Don't mind nuisance calls either string them along by talking complete 'dangle berries', or if I haven't the time tell them to piss off & put the phone down , simples.😂😂

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 March 2017, 15:16:10 »

Got this at the moment, Admiral have just quoted a renewal price of £1,050 for the multicar policy (two cars with two drivers), separate insurance comes in at £275 for mine and £233 for hers so they can well and truly Foxtrot Oscar

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2017, 15:36:34 »

Got this at the moment, Admiral have just quoted a renewal price of £1,050 for the multicar policy (two cars with two drivers), separate insurance comes in at £275 for mine and £233 for hers so they can well and truly Foxtrot Oscar

A saving of £542. :y

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2017, 16:02:18 »

This is about the same as my experience of multi-car. I have yet to get a multicar quote that was less than insuring our two cars separately, with enough spare change to insure one of a second time!

Are they purely a product that preys on the lazy/gullible do we think?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2017, 16:57:06 »

This is about the same as my experience of multi-car. I have yet to get a multicar quote that was less than insuring our two cars separately, with enough spare change to insure one of a second time!

Are they purely a product that preys on the lazy/gullible do we think?

Yes.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2017, 17:31:02 »

I once asked about multi car insurance and was told you need 5 cars to make a saving.....and that's when I was paying £3200 for 4 cars.
Seems a lot but they were all insured as taxis.....£800 each ... Merc C class/Omega/2x Vectras.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2017, 18:02:09 »

I insure with Aviva on alternate years. the year Im not with Aviva I go with whichever is the best deal on comparison sites, taking into account cashback availability.
Cashback with Aviva is the highest of the lot at around £65 - 70. but only for new customers. Hence insuring with them on alternate years.
Total bill to insure both cars is somewhere around £300 p.a.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.