Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 71020 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: US Election
« Reply #450 on: 10 November 2020, 17:31:41 »

It seems likely the vaccine announcement was delayed until after the election result was known.
If true, its outrageous. Its likely that Trump would have made political capital out of it and won the election.

Biden too would have made capital of it. Perhaps more so. Dont forget one party wore masks and thought corona virus was a thing. The other party didnt need masks etc etc.

Until they 'won' and then they were all out on streets in big numbers dancing and rubbing shoulders all night.  ::)
When I was an excitable youth, we used to rub more than shoulders.

These are lefty politically correct types though.  ::)  :P
I would have said I was a Liberal to get my end away  ;D

I expect you'd have say you are a progressive these days to get your end away!  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 10 November 2020, 17:47:11 »

Trouble is, playing that game, you can't be to sure where your end will end up  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 10 November 2020, 18:00:17 »

Trouble is, playing that game, you can't be to sure where your end will end up  :-\
Any hole's a goal  ;D
Diesel till I die

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 10 November 2020, 19:01:08 »

https://youtu.be/9dZa0U52nPs watch the numbers :o

What is that video supposed to show or prove? The feed to the CNN is clearly not going to be a direct interface to a centralised vote counting record (especially considering the source data isn't all digital as you have humans counting paper ballots). So what you have is a string of say three people between a counting office, who presumably counts a sheaf of ballots and calls the numbers for each candidate to a press representative who distributes the info, to a spod at CNN who collates all the incoming messages and hands them to another spod who adds them to the on-screen display.

Multiple people interacting every time a ballot is announced, across each one of the 50 states, (tens of?) thousands of interactions total. All by people who will be under pressure to get the news out, fully caffeinated and probably at the thin end of an 18hr day. The potential for a group of ballots to be initially called for the wrong candidate on the tv screen and then corrected is obviously huge if you stop and think about it.

I would also wager there are just as many such 'swings' to Trump, which are no doubt on Youtube if you know the right Tin Foil Hat wearer to subscribe to.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 10 November 2020, 19:15:23 »

I think I prefer our system where the result is announced by the Returning Officer when the count and any recount is done and dusted.  :y

The media can then report on the actual result, rather than project what they think will happen or what they would like to happen.  :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 10 November 2020, 19:15:32 »

It shows just shy of 20k votes being taken from Trumps count and added to Bidens.

This shows two further significant 'discrepancies' from a slightly more rational perspective...

https://youtu.be/qM-bRZGRzAg

Add all three together and you're in the territory of Bidens lead. And that's just one state.

It's not so much about Trump winning as protecting some semblance of faith in the democratic process...

Pennsylvanias obstruction of count verification is either out of some stubborn pride or they're hiding something.

And it may well cost Biden the election.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 10 November 2020, 19:16:42 »

I think I prefer our system where the result is announced by the Returning Officer when the count and any recount is done and dusted.  :y

The media can then report on the actual result, rather than project what they think will happen or what they would like to happen.  :-X
But the media still do.  Just look at that Lady bits Whine on election night making up unlikely shit, just to provoke some outrage.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 10 November 2020, 19:17:24 »

People would keep the faith just fine if they didn't watch the shite churned out by YouTube and other fake news sites.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 10 November 2020, 19:19:32 »

But the media still do.  Just look at that Lady bits Whine on election night making up unlikely shit, just to provoke some outrage.
His employers should be held liable for that, and he should have been warned that any repeat performance would be as good as a resignation letter. Then Channel 4 could welcome him with open arms.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 10 November 2020, 19:30:55 »

Somewhere warm and wet hopefully!   :)                                                                    ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 10 November 2020, 19:48:12 »

Somewhere warm and wet hopefully!   :)                                                                    ;D
                  Ahh........ Horlicks :y
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 10 November 2020, 19:49:11 »

Or is it whorelicks? ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 10 November 2020, 20:14:39 »

It shows just shy of 20k votes being taken from Trumps count and added to Bidens.
No, it doesn't, it shows the CNN feed being changed. Which as I pointed out, need not have any direct link to the actual votes that were cast. They would only be 'taken' if they were subtracted from the totals at the ballot office and then this was re-reported on CNN.

Why, if you were trying to pull off something as monumental as fiddling a state election would you allow that to happen? You would simply wait until the next ballot announcement and switch 20k votes in amongst another group of ballots (let's say each candidate actually got 30k, you'd call 50k for one and 10k for the other).

To do it in the way you describe makes no sense whatsoever.

This shows two further significant 'discrepancies' from a slightly more rational perspective...

https://youtu.be/qM-bRZGRzAg

Add all three together and you're in the territory of Bidens lead. And that's just one state.

the video talks about benfords law, but not what they are trying to apply it to. You cannot apply it to voter ID numbers, because they are not a random population. And you can't apply it to groups of ballots if you think about it. Postal votes get put through the postal system, which automatically groups them but geography, and it's hardly uncommon for an area to be heavily biased to one candidate or the other. So again, not a random population.

And again, Benfords law isn't a secret, so if you were trying to fiddle an election wholesale, why not do it in such a way that applies it so not everyone with a spreadsheet and access to Wikipedia could rumble you?

They also again don't talk about where the underlying vote data they've graphed came from, if it's a media feed, see above regarding the problems with using that. 

It's not so much about Trump winning as protecting some semblance of faith in the democratic process...
this I agree with, but Trump himself has made that impossible by acting like a petulant child then giving the appearance of suing his way out of his problems (whether or not he's actually doing that).
« Last Edit: 10 November 2020, 20:17:56 by Viral_Jim »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 10 November 2020, 20:23:08 »

https://wmbriggs.com/post/33400/

That's the source for the data in the Crowder link ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 10 November 2020, 20:47:56 »

https://wmbriggs.com/post/33400/

That's the source for the data in the Crowder link ;)
And an update regarding Benford's Law in this application...

https://wmbriggs.com/post/33377/
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 54   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.