Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good day/Bad day  (Read 2005 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Good day/Bad day
« on: 02 June 2013, 22:07:47 »

The good part began about 7a.m. this morning when we set off to attend my great grandsons christening.The trip to Farnham was faultless the Mig ran beautifully without hiccup,although the temp gauge resolutely refused to go above 80 unless in very slow moving traffic.The "do" was nice[although I'm not too religious]and the journey home was again without a hitch.Having cruised the most part at 70mph I was quite chuffed that the car returned an average of 34.6mpg.Now the bad bit.As this is I believe a family friendly forum I shall refrain from using the words I normally would,but we returned home to find we'd been burgled!!Yep tellys gone as has several collectable die-cast model cars.Oddly the laptop and a Nintendo DS[both in the same room as the telly and models]weren't touched!Plod have not long since been-although to start with she knocked on the door of the house next door but one! even though the numbers are clearly marked-SOCO will not be turning up until sometime tomorrow.So that's been my day!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Good day/Bad day
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2013, 22:15:51 »

Sorry to hear that you have been burgled.  :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2013, 22:17:23 »

Sorry to hear that you have been burgled.  :(

+1 must be a bloody awful feeling,glad they didn't take too much although anything is too much really >:( >:(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

omega3000

« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2013, 22:24:12 »

Sorry to hear that , must be truly horrible . Hope they catch the scumbags  >:(

cleggy

« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2013, 22:27:35 »

+2
 Barstewards,  It feels aweful some arsewipe invading your personal space, you have my sympathy :(

The problem is that if they even get caught the penalty will be a joke >:( >:( >:(

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2013, 22:28:46 »

Not holding out too much hope on culprits being caught,positive side at least we're insured-I know many aren't-hard to describe the feeling you  get from being burgled but it's not good.

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2013, 22:32:10 »

sorry to hear your bad news  >:( >:( >:( id cut there effin hands off to start with >:( >:( >:(
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2013, 22:35:13 »

Sorry to hear - happened to some friends after a 5 day trip to Ben Nevis in 2008 - we dropped them at their house from the airport and were just about to go to our own place when the couiple shouted out after finding doors open. We actually think the burglars were still inside when the front door first opened and they made it out the back.

Shocking and upsetting - violation of your life. Thankfully if you are insured then at least the financial side is under control - within a few days you will be able to put into the perspective that you are not the only ones to suffer and it will be happening to someone else - doesn't make it easier now but the injustice of it is a nagging annoyance
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2013, 22:44:30 »

You have my sincere and heartfelt condolences at having your home violated by mindless scumbags! >:(
As my family know only too well, the feelings & fears that come with this crime never go away & are always at the back of your mind every time you leave your home unattended!  And as said, the lowlife scum that perpetrate these violations just get a slap on the wrist and are allowed back into Society to continue preying on the people they are allowed to live amongst! >:(
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2013, 23:05:03 »

I had an attempted break-in in 2006 where they broke through the front door glass, but couldn't get past the deadlock and then went to the back of the house and tried to get in through a window and failed. Even now if I go out for the day, the thought is on my mind as I approach my house and the first thing I check is the front door glass.  :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2013, 23:18:26 »

Sorry to hear this, to face this after a nice family do must be horrible, and in daylight too, did any of the neighbours see anything? did anyone know you would be out all day? Seems odd that the laptop was not taken, to cynical old me, this sound like someone who knows you..... :-\ :-\ >:(

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2013, 23:21:14 »

Very sorry to hear this as it happened to us once.  Very distressing :( :( :(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2013, 23:39:54 »

Sorry Baza, that's a nightmare end to a lovely day out!  :( 

I hate to say it but I was thinking along the same lines as Vamps....  :-\  There was a spate of burglaries around here a few years ago when people were out at weddings and funerals and the like.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2013, 00:21:48 »

sorry to hear about the burglury weve been burgled 3 times now and can sympothise with the feelings you get. It is a strange feeling that someone has broken in, been who knows where. Your own house is not safe. Hope they did not do too much damage and your well insured. Takes a while but you do get over it took wifey a while. which is why eventually i want to install a burglar alarm, but then again who takes much notice nowadays

1st time they came in through the french doors, lived on my own so wasnt so bothered as such

2nd time was the office, broke in looking for the petty cash box, previous employee, wich i looked after quite well and trusted. He was off work for a while after for some reason ::)plus i took the tools back i had brought him

3rd i was with wifey by then and we stayed in her flat in london during the week home at weekends, the tinker had actually cut the lead light out of one of those traditional 1930s top glazed doors and in he got, and we live on a main road, did not have the sense though to get the stuff out through the window :D :D. Was called by a mate who drove past and noticed there was no glass in my front door :o no one else bothered to report it

if ever i hear anything i am the first up and out usually with a mallet, since some complete pillock gave mc donalds a 24 hour licence just up the road so now its a constant stream of piss heads, yobs and boy racers. I bet the same person would not allow that on thier door step

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2013, 06:11:29 »

They've managed to force the front door-which opens directly onto the street,in such  a way as to be able to pull it closed behind them and make it appear to the casual eye that it was all secure.I hope it's not someone who knows us,that would be too horrible to contemplate.Plenty of drunks etc.round here,and I'm afraid probably all too obvious we were off out as I had the dragonladys wheelchair to load into the boot.Thanks for all your messages,bit of a downer but sadly we're not the only ones it happens to.Only had chance to ask one neighbour so far,but he was out for day also!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.