Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT  (Read 12804 times)

feeutfo

Re: Dunlop Sport Maxx RT
« Reply #60 on: 29 January 2013, 09:52:27 »

Text sent.

(although he is extremely buzy)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29 January 2013, 14:17:16 »

Didn't joshwyatt say he had access to a private runway?

Has it got any bends in it? ;)

Or are we just testing Vmax? ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

scottambrose

« Reply #62 on: 29 January 2013, 15:05:00 »

can i bring my wanli's ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #63 on: 29 January 2013, 17:43:43 »

Looks like we might be on for an airfield. With a small fee for insurance purposes. :)

05omegav6

« Reply #64 on: 29 January 2013, 17:58:51 »

I need to order some tyres then ::)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 29 January 2013, 18:10:48 »

Good news  :y

I'll have new Eagle F1's
taxi al in runways enduros
TB in his SC5?
Who will turn up in dunlops?  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 29 January 2013, 18:43:31 »

Also having had Nexen's N6000 "professionally" fitted new to my 3.2, they have been worse than second hand. One tyre would loose 50% of its pressure over night, had to go back, others easily loose 3/4 PSi a week, clearly not great. Thats brand new £90 a corner, my Kumos have not lost pressure in months.
Thats poor, who did that?

Place on the industrial estate, near chicken factory. Think the alloys need a refurb, they bashed them on too quick. Remember that thread of me finding a weight on drive? Entire sticky weight dropped off  >:(

Shit experience. At some point I plan to have tyres taken off, wheels sorted an tyres re-fitted.

What I'm trying to say is just because you get brand new, does not guarantee superiority or reliability. Its all down to the fitter....
Tyre Warehouse? They are awful. Bad advice, and bad workmanship. Every tyre I've had done there has either leaked at the rim, or the valve because they haven't replaced it. Yet to get them to balance a wheel accurately.

Needless to say, I avoid them.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 29 January 2013, 18:50:54 »

Tramlining is not a part of tests and I have never ever seen it included anywhere..
Yes, showing the tests are rubbish. Esp with the new Euro ratings which are meaningless to all.

It should be part of the tests. Its a bloody useless tyre that is impossible to keep in a straight line.

its a natural function of Chavy wide tyre grip which in force is greater than your front setup can handle..  Physic forces apply anywhere ,everywhere even you go to the other end of universe and drive a UFO..
Cobblers. Its a function of tyre rigidity. Admittedly that can change with width and profile, but not due to width and profile per se.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 29 January 2013, 18:54:44 »

TB mite have his mv6 sorted by then.... Might. ;D
Already sorted :y

SC5s off, virtually bald Sport Maxx TT back on. Bliss, despite the rain. It goes where you point it, and runs straight. And stops straight.

SC5s back on TBE, so I dread the day I have to use that again  :'(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 29 January 2013, 18:55:46 »

But back on topic, have I got to be the bloody guineau pig again  :'(
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #70 on: 29 January 2013, 19:03:03 »

Tramlining is not a part of tests and I have never ever seen it included anywhere..
Yes, showing the tests are rubbish. Esp with the new Euro ratings which are meaningless to all.

It should be part of the tests. Its a bloody useless tyre that is impossible to keep in a straight line.

its a natural function of Chavy wide tyre grip which in force is greater than your front setup can handle..  Physic forces apply anywhere ,everywhere even you go to the other end of universe and drive a UFO..
Cobblers. Its a function of tyre rigidity. Admittedly that can change with width and profile, but not due to width and profile per se.

please read my tramlining thread..

ps: if you eliminate grip you will solve tramlining eternally ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #71 on: 29 January 2013, 19:11:01 »

Too much theory. A bit more hands in experience perhaps?

Finding answers via google to a perceived issue, as opposed to a hands on issue with hands on trial and error, are two very different things.

The reality is, well, everything. :)

You may remember a thread of mine? Same subject. An oddity, further to that described by google, that didn't make sense. Ie, a tyre, same model, same make, behaving differently on the same car with same wheels, same set up, same driver.

There where only two differences.
1 different sub model
2 the poorly handling tyre was 10mm narrower.

Difference no 2, being the oddity to any fact raised via google in relation to tramlining. Hence my questions on here in that thread.

Still looking for an answer to that one.

feeutfo

« Reply #72 on: 29 January 2013, 19:11:24 »

But back on topic, have I got to be the bloody guineau pig again  :'(
I did pm you.

Might have been a text?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #73 on: 29 January 2013, 19:14:43 »

Finding answers via google to a perceived issue, as opposed to a hands on issue with hands on trial and error, are two very different things.

You may remember a thread of mine? Same subject. An oddity, further to that described by google, that didn't make sense. Ie, a tyre, same model, same make, behaving differently on the same car with same wheels, same set up, same driver.

1 different sub model

Difference no 2, being the oddity to any fact raised via google in relation to tramlining. Hence my questions on here in that thread.

::)  Chris , did you know that google is just a tool.. and not only you many people , racers, mechanics, tyre shops, tyre producers and even scientists dealing with the same subject.. so no need to re-invent things again.. just read :y

feeutfo

« Reply #74 on: 29 January 2013, 19:25:56 »

1 different sub model

::)  Chris , did you know that google is just a tool.. and not only you many people , racers, mechanics, tyre shops, tyre producers and even scientists dealing with the same subject.. so no need to re-invent things again.. just read :y
Oh the irony...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.