Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter tyres dangerous  (Read 12453 times)

05omegav6

Re: Winter tyres dangerous
« Reply #90 on: 30 January 2013, 18:01:19 »

Glad you got back safe Aaron  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #91 on: 30 January 2013, 18:18:08 »

if some people  from snowy countries read this thread (ı'm sure they read) laughing with their ars* .. macho men+summer tyre vs winter tyre on snow ;D   For those who dont have the budget its ok.. keep the car at home.. else  :-X
Cem you probably know I'm the usually the first to mess about with these things if there's an advantage to be had. I fully accept their performance to be as you say in winter conditions. I ACCEPT WHAT YOU SAY.

...but hers the thing, you refuse to accept any other position other than your own, when your a quarter of the way round the planet googling any fact that suits your argument.
If English weather in the south turned consistently for the worse I'd fit them immediately. If I went to EASTERN Europe in winter, I'd fit them immediately.

Western Europe no, uk no, what you refuse accept is that we don't get the weather to warrant winters. 2 or 3 weeks aside, IF it snows. "iF" and if it doesn't, summer tyres will do in cold temp.

Where's Nicbat, vote ukip I say, and good riddance to Euopean Bullshit. ;D

We are not an east European country. Fact! Although I'm sure google will find something for you to suggest otherwise. ;D

yep.. be sure ;D :y

cem the google bot ;D

I had to :-\  otherwise cant do my job.. microsoft chnages every f*ckin thing everyday..  >:(

because they have lots of sad old programmers like me :-\
<cem mode on>
I prescribe sticking to first hand experience when it comes to omegas .

Best way to learn. Buy an omega elite with over 60k miles, knackered bushes, poor set up, and soggy suspension, fit falkens.... Then make the bastard thing drive in a straight line.

Each fault corrected will be fealt in the way the car drives, then you'll know what works.

;D

<cem mode off>

We are in a learning curve, and we are stuck. Google wont help, as the fault doesn't fit the known rules.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #92 on: 30 January 2013, 18:50:22 »

if some people  from snowy countries read this thread (ı'm sure they read) laughing with their ars* .. macho men+summer tyre vs winter tyre on snow ;D   For those who dont have the budget its ok.. keep the car at home.. else  :-X
Cem you probably know I'm the usually the first to mess about with these things if there's an advantage to be had. I fully accept their performance to be as you say in winter conditions. I ACCEPT WHAT YOU SAY.

...but hers the thing, you refuse to accept any other position other than your own, when your a quarter of the way round the planet googling any fact that suits your argument.
If English weather in the south turned consistently for the worse I'd fit them immediately. If I went to EASTERN Europe in winter, I'd fit them immediately.

Western Europe no, uk no, what you refuse accept is that we don't get the weather to warrant winters. 2 or 3 weeks aside, IF it snows. "iF" and if it doesn't, summer tyres will do in cold temp.

We are not an east European country. Fact! Although I'm sure google will find something for you to suggest otherwise. ;D

cem the google bot ;D

I had to :-\  otherwise cant do my job.. microsoft chnages every f*ckin thing everyday..  >:(

<cem mode on>

Best way to learn. Buy an omega elite with over 60k miles, knackered bushes, poor set up, and soggy suspension, fit falkens.... Then make the bastard thing drive in a straight line.

Each fault corrected will be fealt in the way the car drives, then you'll know what works.

;D

<cem mode off>

We are in a learning curve, and we are stuck. Google wont help, as the fault doesn't fit the known rules.

;D  I have learned in the hardest way like you explained ..

feeutfo

« Reply #93 on: 30 January 2013, 18:54:43 »

cem the google bot ;D

<cem mode on>

;D

<cem mode off>

Yet you have not one helpful post.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #94 on: 30 January 2013, 18:57:52 »

cem the google bot ;D

<cem mode on>

;D

<cem mode off>

I have a whole thread dedicated for you , shared lots of posts , told you that you cant solve without equipment and still you are ignoring my all writings..

sorry but you are more stubborn than me..  go on as you wish..

feeutfo

« Reply #95 on: 30 January 2013, 19:00:10 »

cem the google bot ;D

<cem mode on>

;D

<cem mode off>

I have a whole thread dedicated for you , shared lots of posts , told you that you cant solve without equipment and still you are ignoring my all writings..

You said no equipment exists to test tram lining, yes!

I mean that IS what you said, right?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #96 on: 30 January 2013, 19:07:24 »

cem the google bot ;D

<cem mode on>

;D

<cem mode off>

do you want to test tyres for comparison or do you want to see which tyre suitable for omega or do you want to measure tramlining ?

which one ?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #97 on: 30 January 2013, 19:10:38 »

and let me ask you a question : how many percent of UK roads have grooves or some traces that it causes tramlining..

here less than 1%.. I dont even care about it.. ;D

and how many snowy days in percentage have UK ? so if you ignore the second why not ignore the first also?

feeutfo

« Reply #98 on: 30 January 2013, 19:13:17 »

cem the google bot ;D

<cem mode on>

;D

<cem mode off>

do you want to test tyres for comparison or do you want to see which tyre suitable for omega or do you want to measure tramlining ?

which one ?

ok I'll play along.

Which tyre is suitable for omega.

But to be more specific, which tyre of all that are available tram lines the least. If the that tyre still tramlines. Bye bye omega. Because the problem can't be solved.

Now answer my question, please. :)

feeutfo

« Reply #99 on: 30 January 2013, 19:14:35 »

and let me ask you a question : how many percent of UK roads have grooves or some traces that it causes tramlining..

and how many snowy days in percentage have UK ? so if you ignore the second why not ignore the first also?
99% don't know which side of the road to drive in cem. All things are relative.

And I'd give you the second one if we had more than a week of snow, and actually only3 days of snow on the road. (So far)
« Last Edit: 30 January 2013, 19:16:20 by chrisgixer »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #100 on: 30 January 2013, 19:18:50 »

And I'd give you the second one if we had more than a week of snow, and actually only3 days of snow on the road. (So far)

you dont tell the reason why you dont ignore the first..   :(

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #101 on: 30 January 2013, 19:33:20 »

which one ?

ok I'll play along.

Which tyre is suitable for omega.

thats the point where your mistake begin..  if tyre producers built different tyres for every car where will this end.. very rarely they will prepare a tyre specific for a car..  in that case no one tyre will be a complete match for that chasis.. test results prooved that a million times.. instead of car specific design tyre producers built their tyres for road conditions.. wet & dry & snowy.. so their compounds reflect the options of tyre maker..

But to be more specific, which tyre of all that are available tram lines the least. If the that tyre still tramlines. Bye bye omega.
Because the problem can't be solved.

Chris, even the most expensive cars will tramline.. look in BMW, Audi forums.. lots of pages discussing that subject for a solution ..
and most of their solution is to go and buy another brand set ;D 

Now answer my question, please

You said no equipment exists to test tram lining, yes ?

Yes..there is no equipment to measure tramlining directly although this device can be built.. but instead techs measure the components of tramlining which cause it..  and try to cure it like WIM do..  and thats a more simple solution..  (they play with Toe)

« Last Edit: 30 January 2013, 19:35:07 by cem »

feeutfo

« Reply #102 on: 30 January 2013, 19:46:13 »

Cem when you have fitted sc3 mo and TT, used them for their life and insured the car is fault free and set up correctly, then you can talk with experience.

Extra toe does help, slightly. Agreed.

feeutfo

« Reply #103 on: 30 January 2013, 19:47:30 »

you dont tell the reason why you dont ignore the first..   :(

because you haven't experienced it in a bad enough case, or you drive like miss daisy. ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #104 on: 30 January 2013, 19:48:17 »

Cem when you have fitted sc3 mo and TT, used them for their life and insured the car is fault free and set up correctly, then you can talk with experience.

Extra toe does help, slightly. Agreed.

;D ;D ;D ;D  do you know how many tyres I buy and install for my friends yearly ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.