Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dealer service for the Tata next week.  (Read 4950 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer service for the Tata next week.
« Reply #30 on: 17 April 2020, 16:40:59 »

I think I'm going to get the minimum done to get a "stamp" in the book. Outside that I'll fix anything that breaks, and change the pads and discs when they need doing. In fact with MB they charge for "extras" on a normal service like changing the pollen filters and lubricating the sunroof, so with that being extra I'll do it myself.

This is the route I'd like to take but not sure they'll be so compliant. More than happy to do the fluids, brakes etc but I think I'll genuinely shed tears parting with £250 plus for a job that I can do for £27.  ;D
I'm talking myself out of it already aren't I.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 April 2020, 16:42:02 »

Looks like I'll be forced down that route. The cars initial cost makes them worth having a service history on resale, it's just that I grew up begrudging paying someone else for something that I could do myself. If I'm honest, when I was younger I had to learn to do all sorts of trades around the house, whether it be car maintenance, plumbing, electrics, carpentry, brickwork etc. as I simply couldn't afford to get tradespeople in. It was a case of 'do it myself or not have it done'. I'm struggling to shake off that habit.  ;D
I believe Audi do a service plan so I'll have to see what the charges are. It's not going to be easy for me to adjust.  ;D

.....and probably better than the average neanderthal employed by the dealers.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 April 2020, 16:45:12 »

From a financial point of view a car in good condition in the 8-10 year range might be best.

Very little depreciation, service history pretty irrelevant. A good set of spanners. :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 April 2020, 17:02:30 »

Looks like I'll be forced down that route. The cars initial cost makes them worth having a service history on resale, it's just that I grew up begrudging paying someone else for something that I could do myself. If I'm honest, when I was younger I had to learn to do all sorts of trades around the house, whether it be car maintenance, plumbing, electrics, carpentry, brickwork etc. as I simply couldn't afford to get tradespeople in. It was a case of 'do it myself or not have it done'. I'm struggling to shake off that habit.  ;D
I believe Audi do a service plan so I'll have to see what the charges are. It's not going to be easy for me to adjust.  ;D

.....and probably better than the average neanderthal employed by the dealers.

I'd like to think so.  :y

I'm 58, got married at 21, so anybody of my era knows how hard times were. Mortgage rate went up on a daily basis and people were losing their homes. It was a real struggle, I've had to work for everything I own, nothing gifted to me,  but it made me appreciate everything. I'll never forget the struggle, hence why I'm loathe to pay dealers these large sums.  ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 April 2020, 17:53:57 »

I'm 58, got married at 21, so anybody of my era knows how hard times were. Mortgage rate went up on a daily basis and people were losing their homes. It was a real struggle, I've had to work for everything I own, nothing gifted to me,  but it made me appreciate everything. I'll never forget the struggle, hence why I'm loathe to pay dealers these large sums.  ;D

Likewise on all counts ..... though I'm getting lazier re my/our cars  :-[

wtf would get married at 21?  ::)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 April 2020, 18:05:16 »

wtf would get married at 21?
  ::)

;D
The plus side of getting married quite young is that I haven't had a mortgage for over 12 years, so I carried on paying a similar amount in to ISA's through fear of drifting back to hard times. Then, once a year I blow most of it on holidays and cars without it damaging the family finances.  ::) ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 April 2020, 18:51:15 »

wtf would get married at 21?
  ::)

;D
The plus side of getting married quite young is that I haven't had a mortgage for over 12 years, so I carried on paying a similar amount in to ISA's through fear of drifting back to hard times. Then, once a year I blow most of it on holidays and cars without it damaging the family finances.  ::) ;D

The great thing about paying a mortgage when compared to renting is that it stops.

A mortgage is usually 25 years. Some people pay rent for 50 years or more, or until they drop off the perch.
« Last Edit: 17 April 2020, 18:58:48 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 April 2020, 19:19:47 »

Hmmm, the Audi Service Plan as shown below. So, I get two oil changes, an inspection and a road test over a two year plan. Two years motoring to me is about eight thousand miles, as I spread the miles across the vehicles.  :-\  I can do my own road test when I come home from a late shift.  :-X
Bargain ain't it.  ;D

Plan below:

If your Audi is under 3 years old (0-3 years)

This plan covers your next two consecutive services with a fixed price throughout the duration.  You can spread the cost or pay upfront.

Upfront Cost            Monthly Cost (24 months)
Audi's 2.0L & Under   £468                       £19.50
Audi's Over 2.0L   £594                       £24.75
Includes S models under 2.0l
Excludes: Electric, S, (above 2.0l) RS, R8, and 6.0L/ W12 models

This service plan includes:

1 x Oil Service
- Vehicle health check

1 x Oil service and inspection
- Pollen filter change (if required)
- Full Vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, glass,  braking system etc.
- Full vehicle road test
- Vehicle health check

Please note: Wear and tear items will be checked but are not included.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 April 2020, 19:27:29 »

In fairness, they've got to earn a living and have massive overheads, it's just that I'm not used to paying these prices as a DIY'er.  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 April 2020, 21:25:55 »

The plus side of getting married quite young is that I haven't had a mortgage for over 12 years,  ....

IIRC mine finished when I was 52 but in my defence I (she mostly) lived in Naval married quarters for a few years  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 April 2020, 11:09:56 »

I think I'm going to get the minimum done to get a "stamp" in the book. Outside that I'll fix anything that breaks, and change the pads and discs when they need doing. In fact with MB they charge for "extras" on a normal service like changing the pollen filters and lubricating the sunroof, so with that being extra I'll do it myself.

Had a look in to this and it's the way I'd like to go.  :y   I'll do what I can myself and suffer the cost of the stamp for the history.   :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 April 2020, 13:16:45 »

Take advantage of the 'free' vehicle check as well. Attend to any legitimate items as you see fit and add the receipts to the car folder... As you might address any previous Mot advisories. The check should be added to the electronic history. It obviously doesn't replace servicing, but it reinforces the notion that the car has been looked after ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.